Unstable 1.3.3.5 / 1.3.4 R & D Testchamber

tmue2017

Nov 19, 2019
Bought the game quite a while ago on Steam including DLC, from day one never got Test Chamber to work as it always crashes on Startup of main game (gets to blue screen where version number is displayed)

I am running Win10 Enterprise 1903 latest updates... (but DLC never worked under Win7 (stable & unstable branch) for me either when I initially bought it)

I followed the instruction on Troubleshooting Guide several times and deleted the folders but didnt help and game continues to crash. After removing DLC via Steam interface, game loads normally for stable and unstable branch any version

Apologies for posting this here, but cant game crashes before I can get to the point where I can apply for access to R&D sub-forum... wink....
Any suggestion / help would be appreciated....

Reactions: ZeroGravitas

Sdarks

Jun 13, 2018
@tmue2017 The error you're getting in the output log suggests it's having issues finding the R&D file. Try checking if you have a file called "randd" in your game folder (SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\TerraTech Beta\TerraTechWin64_Data should be the path or something like that) and that it has read permissions set on it. If that doesn't work try disabling anti virus. If all else fails we're changing up the way R&D is loaded (probably for the next stable) so that should hopefully fix your problem.

tmue2017

Nov 19, 2019
@sdark - Thanks for taking the time to respond.... randd does exist however need to mention that my Steam Game folder is NOT in the default location but located on a different physical drive... This doesnt cause any issues with other Steam games though...

- file has appropriate access permissions
- disabling Windows Defender still has the game stuck as blue startup screen which shows version number...

I have waited this long for a fix, might as well wait for next stable..

Cheers

PS: Deleted error log in 1st post...

tmue2017

Nov 19, 2019
@sdark... thanks for the Christmas present, having purchased the game on Steam in May 2018, I finally can enjoy the R&D Lab after the latest updates!

Appreciated!