Unrefined Treasure Blocks!

Zed

Dec 23, 2016
Firstly, A heartfelt thank you to the developers for introducing Compressed Resource Blocks for all corporations.

However; The Compressed Resource Blocks included in 0.7.5.2 are only for Refined Resources; Please Create Unrefined versions of each of the Compressed Resource Blocks as the ability to store large quantities of the unrefined resources would be far more beneficial as there are numerous crafting recipes for actual blocks and certain key components which require the unrefined resources.

If the choice is needed to be made, I would greatly prefer Unrefined Compressed Resource Blocks over the current Refined Compressed Resource Blocks.

Last edited:

Masakari

Nov 2, 2016
Which recipes (specifically components if they are the ones from the CF) need unrefined? If you are referring to the Component Factory ones then all those (last I saw anyways) require refined.

I do agree that unrefined would be better as we can just slap a ref down to cook them.

Reactions: Zed

Zed

Dec 23, 2016
Which recipes (specifically components if they are the ones from the CF) need unrefined? If you are referring to the Component Factory ones then all those (last I saw anyways) require refined.

I do agree that unrefined would be better as we can just slap a ref down to cook them.
Just confirmed that you are indeed correct that all components seem to require refined versions only. Thank you for pointing out my error and for your support of Unrefined Compressed Resource Blocks.

Regarding recipes in general, many of the basic blocks of each corporation utilize unrefined resources (as of 0.7.5.2)

Reactions: Masakari

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
If not for anything else I like the idea of unrefined resource blocks just as another option that we would have.
Might not have time to refine everything, but may have to move out and then of course the crafting end of things comes into play and then it just makes sense that there would be an unrefined version at least.
Just a thought

Have a good one [8D)

P

Pink Kitty

Well, the blocks have the raw texture on them, which i find confusing.

That having been said, it shouldn't be too much work to add in a second set for refined resources, with the right textures on them.
After all, it's basically just a box full of stuff.
And it's a block with no special code.

And we need refined versions. How else are you going to pack up your base, full of refined resources?

Though, i think at some point they should get their own tab in the menu, to avoid cluttering the place up :p

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
So many good idea's, I hope they get used!

Have a good one [8D)

Zed

Dec 23, 2016
So many good idea's, I hope they get used!

Have a good one [8D)
As Do I, while it is true as others have said that there are not nearly as many blocks that require unrefined resources as they used to be the inability to store them properly via compressed resource blocks seems to be an oversight which will hopefully be remedied quickly. Either by the Resource Cutter suggested by @GamerParrish or by unrefined versions of the Compressed Resource Blocks being added as originally suggested.

Though, i think at some point they should get their own tab in the menu, to avoid cluttering the place up
A Valid point indeed given the bevy of Fabrication related blocks presently available.

P

Pink Kitty

I'm pretty sure they were originally going to be unrefined resources.

But then they realised, 'How are you going to move your base then?'
So they made them refined.

Might explain why they have the wrong textures.

Zed

Dec 23, 2016
I'm pretty sure they were originally going to be unrefined resources.

But then they realised, 'How are you going to move your base then?'
So they made them refined.

Might explain why they have the wrong textures.
Unrefined Versions of these blocks are arguably more valuable than the currently available Refined Versions seeing as players can always refine resources later, but as of yet players are *not* able to unrefine resource blocks.

P

Pink Kitty

Unrefined Versions of these blocks are arguably more valuable than the currently available Refined Versions seeing as players can always refine resources later, but as of yet players are *not* able to unrefine resource blocks.
Not really. Very few designs use raw resources.

You can safely pre-refine all your resources and only miss out on a tiny few basic blocks.
Block that become obsolete very quickly.

I have been pre-refining all resources since the component factory went in, and only once did i have to get some raw materials to build something.
Dirt wheel i think?
Very early on, as after that, you usually have hundreds lying around.

Zed

Dec 23, 2016
You can safely pre-refine all your resources and only miss out on a tiny few basic blocks.
Block that become obsolete very quickly.
Geocorp 2x2 armor paneling and krusher wheels are quite commonly used on techs yet they are fabricated via unrefined blocks only, While the wheels are obsolete once someone reaches Geo Treads the armor paneling is not.

While pre-refining may be prevalent now, it is my belief that by the time Terratech reaches 1.0 there will be an equitable balance between the blocks which require raw and refined resources.

zanzistar

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Aug 13, 2014
London
Hey, we were discussing plans for a more advanced and specific Treasure Block making... Block. It would be an expensive, mobile and high grade, it would auto take raw resources and output the same Treasure Block sets that we have now but be less efficient (takes more Raw resources to make the same treasure blocks that the Fabricator could make with Refined resources). This would be used as a hoover style Treasure Block maker. We'll see what happens with this one.

Zed

Dec 23, 2016
Hey, we were discussing plans for a more advanced and specific Treasure Block making... Block. It would be an expensive, mobile and high grade, it would auto take raw resources and output the same Treasure Block sets that we have now but be less efficient (takes more Raw resources to make the same treasure blocks that the Fabricator could make with Refined resources). This would be used as a hoover style Treasure Block maker. We'll see what happens with this one.
Make the same refined treasure blocks presently available? or make the raw resource equivalent of the current refined compressed resource blocks? If this new block (machine) were able to keep the resources in raw form while leaving the present system for refined resources it would provide an additional interesting facet to the current crafting system as it continues to evolve.

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Either by the Resource Cutter suggested by @GamerParrish or by unrefined versions of the Compressed Resource Blocks being added as originally suggested.
I'm more hoping that we get both options. Storing either refined or unrefined resources in the treasure blocks and also being able to refine and unrefine those resources at will. As long as we have the required base parts to do so.
The more options we get for this the better in my opinion.

Have a good one [8D)

Reactions: Masakari and Zed