Unlock All Corps option when starting a new world

Sapioit

Nov 1, 2019
sapioit.com
Hi!

It would be great if we could start with all the corps at level 1, or even with all the corporations maxed. This would be a patch until you implement my suggestion of having each new corporation after GSO be unlocked after the previously-unlocked corporation reaches grade 2 (to make the game more fun by unlocking better future before getting overpowered weapons from GSO), or if you don't intend to implement it.

Reactions: BenBacon

joseph racer

Feb 1, 2019
Then there is absolutely no progression in the game, witch would cause new players to get bored and quit.

Reactions: Sapioit

Sapioit

Nov 1, 2019
sapioit.com
Then there is absolutely no progression in the game, witch would cause new players to get bored and quit.
Maybe not in terms of needing to unlock items, but in terms of getting enough money there will be progression. It would also allow people to skip the grind for levels and start playing the story missions, which is great for people who already got to a high level and want to start from scratch but don't want to grind the corporations' levels yet again.

That would just be creative mode.
Fair enough. I thought you had unlimited blocks in creative mode, though.

joseph racer

Feb 1, 2019
But the game is not that grindy to begin with. Plus people are complaining about the end game and not having much to do this would just make that part of the game come faster.

Reactions: Sapioit

Geocorp Jumper

May 24, 2016
But the game is not that grindy to begin with. Plus people are complaining about the end game and not having much to do this would just make that part of the game come faster.
Too true that the game lacks a real grind. I suppose the game wasn't originally intended to be a grind, as the ability to salvage blocks from defeated enemies supplies your inventory with all you could ever need. I typically only craft unique items; the rest I salvage or get from reward crates.

If we're looking for a grind, then that would be best done by increasing requirements (i.e. More xp required to upgrade license).

But the original suggestion was to temporarily remove a portion of the grind: unlocking corps. I'd say it would be good if it were a player option when starting a campaign world. But coding the exceptions for that sounds like it'd be a pain (mostly for disabling Corp intro missions). I'm severely novice to computer programming though so I do not understand the whole process behind all these.