Um... stuck

Paranoyd

Nov 29, 2015
I'm literally 2 minutes into the game and now, well... um... I'm hopelessly stuck.

I fell for a trap, sorta, and took over a plane-tech. Couldn't figure out controls as it spawned me in a forest. Propeller was damaged, then I took off. Flew a while and cashed.

Guess what. Propeller broke off and I now have an underpowered, defenseless vehicle, miles from my generator.

Soooooo.... now what? Do I just restart and ignore the plane?

Paranoyd

Nov 29, 2015
Take 2: No plane.

Now I go after my storage part and 3 drill bots things spawn and shred most of my wheels. Stuck in a desert, tipping over, all I can do is flip over, die and respawn over and over. *sigh*

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015

Now I go after my storage part and 3 drill bots things spawn and shred most of my wheels. Stuck in a desert, tipping over, all I can do is flip over, die and respawn over and over. *sigh*
You could take your cab off and drive it home, or throw the cab if you know what way you need to go.
It is quite satisfying when you drive just a cab across the open terrain and make it to your home base in one piece.

Have a good one

P

Pink Kitty

After respawn, remove cab, drive to enemy, get killed.
Respawn.
After a round or two, you will have a pile of blocks, wheels and machineguns somewhere.

Build a better tech.
Go find battery, shield bubble and regen bubble.
These will make the game much less frustrating.

Then go to the mountains and encounter big yellow techs. fight them and get their parts. build a big yellow tech.

StyxAnnihilator

Dec 1, 2015
Norway, Oslo.
Bases often spawn all over, sometimes have to wait a bit for a close one. Most of them are easy to take over even with a small tech, giving good blocks, particularly a Payload Terminal (need some BB to use though). Use of drills can be a better way to take parts of an enemy tech and defeat it. After some rounds of getting destroyed, you ought to have enough parts around to build a good enough tech to continue the Story.
Is also a trick (=bug) where you remove the cab and drop it fast, spawning in a new starter tech. After some rounds you can build a tech with several cabs that can all fire and keep the tech alive, in addition to the blocks. Or use a PT to get some cabs (1 BB each).

Or just start a new Story.

P

Pink Kitty

Bases often spawn all over, sometimes have to wait a bit for a close one. Most of them are easy to take over even with a small tech, giving good blocks, particularly a Payload Terminal (need some BB to use though). Use of drills can be a better way to take parts of an enemy tech and defeat it. After some rounds of getting destroyed, you ought to have enough parts around to build a good enough tech to continue the Story.
Is also a trick (=bug) where you remove the cab and drop it fast, spawning in a new starter tech. After some rounds you can build a tech with several cabs that can all fire and keep the tech alive, in addition to the blocks. Or use a PT to get some cabs (1 BB each).

Or just start a new Story.
Bases only spawn after you've done all the GSO quests, so this is not going to help for the very early stages.

kosy22

May 4, 2016
toontown
After respawn, remove cab, drive to enemy, get killed.
Respawn.
After a round or two, you will have a pile of blocks, wheels and machineguns somewhere.

Build a better tech.
Go find battery, shield bubble and regen bubble.
These will make the game much less frustrating.

Then go to the mountains and encounter big yellow techs. fight them and get their parts. build a big yellow tech.
I wish you posted this earlier