Twitter Integration is Not Working For Me (Post Twitter Connection Problems Here)

timmm06

An update on my situation:
Still the white screen, but now the game actually loads and plays...just with the white screen there. It might be connection strength that is causing the problem. Also, at one moment earlier today, the authorization screen finally appeared but very very briefly. I only caught a glimpse of it and I really wasn't paying attention. I will repost my Specs since I have a updated version.

What operating system are you using?: Windows 8.1
What CPU do you have?: AMD A8-6410 APU
How much RAM do you have?: 8.00 GB (6.94 GB usable)
What video card are you using, if you have one?: AMD Radeon R5 Graphics
What sound card are you using, if you have one?: I was not able to find it on the System tab
What programs do you have running while trying to link with Twitter?: IE (three tabs open), Steam (updating two games), TerraTech, Windows Explorer
Where did you buy the game?: Steam

hope this helps. Again it might be a connection strength issue. I am able to get onto twitter via browser and I have already tried restarting.

Im having the same issue as PVT.S2H. I cant login to twitter in game because it just gives me a white screen with nothing to click. And when i can get it to open the browser it sends me to google. How would i go about fixing this?
I also am having this happen.
When we play without checking the box to connect to twitter it works ok.

BUT, when we check the check box to connect a Twitter the game starts, BUT about a 5"x5" white screen is in the center of the screen. SO, as you start the game and are supposed to be putting your first tech together you CAN'T. You can press ESC and a menu pops up, BUT it's behind the WHITE window and therefore NOT visable. I've tried to exit and save, but am not sure if I'm doing that right since menu is covered by a white window, I'm not sure if it's save and exit I'm clicking. Either way we don't have the saved game to reload and see so not sure about that.

Screen shot attached

System Info
Win 7 Pro
HP ProDesk 405 G2 MT
8GB RAM
Processor AMD A4-6250J APU
with
AMD Radeon R3 Graphics
Only running Terra Tech
Purchased @ Steam

Attachments

Last edited:

JohnB

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with Twitter.

Thank you for helping us by posting information on the problem.

Here is some useful information back!
- the next build to go out (0.5.19.2/unstable) will have diagnostics added to try to narrow down the issue
- we will soon upgrade the library which handles Twitter authorisation - may well fix these issues
- Linux uses a different authorisation technique which will need fixing separately

Watch this space!

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
I have also attempted the twit useage, but the logs from each attempt show the following two lines

*** ERROR ***
uWebKit Plugin failed to load.

Unity Pro is required.

playing on win7 ultimate 32bit with the humble deluxe, both 5.12 AND the 5.19 both give this crash to desktop with NO reporting of errors, but the game works fine when I do not attempt twit

JohnB

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
This will be available in the Unstable version on Monday 7th December.

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
but I am humble, not unstable,
BUT if you WANT an UNSTABLE VIKING SNIPER targeting you I can try it, BUT I hit what I aim at, so you might not want me to target you

Sai Wun

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
The Twitter feature in Version 0.5.20 is causing the game to crash for certain people (we suspect for Win32 and Mac players).

We have fixed the Twitter feature in the latest TT_Unstable build which you can find more information about here.

Please let us know how you get on if you try switching to TT_Unstable. Thanks :)

zhess4096

Hello I'm new here
my problem is whenever I click the white box in the twitter authorization it does not respond and end game session I closed it(which I didn't).

MinecraftingDAD

Whenever I try to click on someone elses builds in Twitter it just gives me a 404 error - page cant be found.

JohnB

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
@MinecraftingDAD which version are you running (Steam, Humble, Gog and version # shown during startup). I think that only a pretty old version would show a webpage (which may contain a 404 error).

MinecraftingDAD

well i literally go to twitter and search "#myTerraTech"

for example - https://twitter.com/epicafdc/status/701568100483764224

When i click on the bit.ly link - https://t.co/FH6vFPVjSn , it says 404 File Not Found

Also i am using the steam version. I did this about a month or two ago and it would allow me to see the techs in my game and purchase them from the trading terminals.. This is not working now.