Twitter Integration is Not Working For Me (Post Twitter Connection Problems Here)

Discussion in 'Bugs (Stable Only)' started by Roadkill, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Roadkill

Roadkill Well-Known Member

Every time I try to Tweet anything or link to Twitter I get "UWKProcess.exe has stopped working" and the game crashes to desktop.

2. TacoKing

TacoKing Active Member

I'm doing this but it's not opening any links

3. KattStrike

KattStrike Well-Known Member Lemon Kingdom

Hey guys, so after lots of people complaining about Twitter Integration problems, I have created this thread in order to collate all of your info.

In the thread below I have moved other posts from the Twitter Integration thread, after those could you all please post your problem and the following (Please answer as many as possible);

What operating system are you using?
    What CPU do you have?
    How much RAM do you have?
    What video card are you using, if you have one?
    What sound card are you using, if you have one?
    What programs do you have running while trying to link with Twitter?
    Where did you buy the game? (Steam, Humble, Other [please specify])

(Thank you IceFireXD for the questions!)

Please try and be as descriptive as possible guys, this way we can address the problem a lot faster on our end.

4. timmm06

timmm06 New Member Beta Deluxe

I'm not getting the crashing problem like the first guy is, but I'm not getting anything either. Just this white screen is all, and on rare occasions I get the google homepage too. I have tried everything I can think of and I have searched everything twitter related on the forums, but I still cannot find an answer for this.

My specs are:
    -Windows 8.1
    -I do not know how to check my CPU (unless if you mean the CPU being used while the game is running)
    -8.00 GB of RAM
    -AMD Radeon R5 Graphics
    -I do not know my current sound card
    -Only the bare minimum that my laptop requires to actually run. I have tried a reboot of my laptop to try and get any excess programs to stop (did not work)
    -I bought it from Steam

I hope this helps. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this white screen being displayed.

Attached Files:

5. harpo99999

harpo99999 Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe

timmm06, the quickest way to get the CPU specs/model is in windows explorer right mouse click on the computer then left click on 'properties'
    windows WILL tell you the cpu model in th system properties page

6. timmm06

I do not see the CPU model anywhere in the properties

7. Therrin

Therrin Member

I am trying to integrate twitter, and it is asking me for a pin (no idea where that comes from) and I can't find anything on how to get it. Then, when I click submit, it bounces back to the world creation screen and randomizes the seed again.

It may be relevant that I am running it on Linux. I am able to connect to Twitter on Windows, but the performance takes a hit, so I'd prefer to be able to connect it on Linux

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  8. KattStrike

KattStrike Well-Known Member Lemon Kingdom

This is a known Linux problem I'm afraid. It's a library issue - due to limited web browser support on Linux :(

9. Therrin

Therrin Member

Thanks for letting me know Katt. I'll just watch the upcoming patch notes for any changes.

10. timmm06

How big of a hit? I ask because that hit might be why I am unable to connect. (I run windows)

11. dlmarti

dlmarti Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe

Not sure where you heard this, but TerraTech is the ONLY application I have ever seen that is unable to open a browser window in Linux. I have been using Linux since the 90's and I have never seen this problem before.

I believe it is solely a TerraTech issue.

12. Dellamorte

Dellamorte Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe Canary TT Streamer

I this not an issue with TerraTech as such as far as I know it lies in the plugin that it uses (uWebkit).

13. Bigtoad

Bigtoad Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe

I'm trying to enable Twitter for the first time. I'm using a Mac and I have tried it with both Chrome and Safari as my default browser. All I get at the verification/sign up step is a window with a blank white screen.

My computer is a 17" Late 2011 Macbook Pro (the last 17" model Apple made)
    What operating system are you using? Mac OS X 10.10.5 (Yosemite)
    What CPU do you have? 2.5GHz Intel Core i7
    How much RAM do you have? 16GB
    What video card are you using, if you have one? AMD Radeon HD 6770M
    What sound card are you using, if you have one? USB Audio Codec (on Belkin Thunderbolt 2 Express Dock HD, I'd have to do some fiddling to get the specific sound chip information, don't think it's relevant to this issue.)
    What programs do you have running while trying to link with Twitter? Chrome, Safari, Firefox (I use each for different purposes), Truecrypt, Terminal, Steam, Activity Monitor, Excel, Preview, Thunderbird
    Where did you buy the game? (Steam, Humble, Other [please specify]) Humble, currently running the Steam version because Humble is behind.

14. ArmchairGravy

ArmchairGravy Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe Lemon Kingdom

I make sure the Twitter box is checked before starting a new game, but I'm being asked to authorize Twitter after a reload of the save. Is there a way to get Twitter authorization to stick with a save? At this point I'm uploading a snapshot as soon as I load a game and am being asked to authorize Twitter on each and every load.

15. NovaLegion

NovaLegion Administrator Beta Deluxe Moderator

Also make sure you don't have a program blocking twitter.

16. PVT.S2H

PVT.S2H New Member

When start up my game using twitter, it opens up this white screen... Just plain white... Help!

17. NovaLegion

NovaLegion Administrator Beta Deluxe Moderator

Have you tried rebooting your computer? Make sure you can go to twitter in your web browser.

18. PVT.S2H

PVT.S2H New Member

I can go to twitter in my web browser, but ill try rebooting right now.

19. PVT.S2H

PVT.S2H New Member

Nope rebooting my computer does not work.

20. Wanderingmystic

Wanderingmystic New Member Beta Deluxe

Im having the same issue as PVT.S2H. I cant login to twitter in game because it just gives me a white screen with nothing to click. And when i can get it to open the browser it sends me to google. How would i go about fixing this?