Twin Rotor Perpetual Motion Drive Motor Experiment

Discussion in 'Techs' started by -=ROOSTER=-, Aug 9, 2018.

1. -=ROOSTER=-

-=ROOSTER=- The Pebble in your Shoe

Hi all, yes its me again with another lame R&D experiment that someone else has probably already tried. I decided to post it for two reasons. One, its just strange enough that some of you might find it entertaining. Two, it is a good excuse for me to take my first shot at posting a video. Here goes nothing:

2. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Heh, cool that that actually works - sideways rotating wings giving forwards 'lift'.

So, to be clear, this doesn't use the hover-bug, the hover plates just push off the groun below, each time they swing around. (Bcause if it did use the bug, obviously it would be easier (though boring) to just use the propulsive force directly.

Galrex and AstraTheDragon like this.
  3. AstraTheDragon

AstraTheDragon A festive dragon

And of course you must have used the boosters to get the thing to spin up in the first place. Very cool. Reminds me a bit of @QuackDuck's Gravity Impeller.

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  4. -=ROOSTER=-

Actually no, I put them there thinking that I would need them to get it started, but then it just took off on its own. They can give it an little extra boost of rpm, so I decided to leave them on.

AstraTheDragon and ZeroGravitas like this.
  5. -=ROOSTER=-

Just a side note: Have you ever seen a worse youtube video than that? That came out awful. The brightness/contrast look fine in the thumbnail, but vid itself is all dwanky.

6. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

It's a perfectly good demonstration vid. We could see exactly what's going on.

I guess 720p is less pretty than 1080, and YouTube's compression will dog-ear almost anything you feed it anyway. Not great with TT's tendancy towards brightness saturation, etc. (Especially with HDR enabled - I see a lot of big YouTuber's vids looking fairly horrible, due to this, I think.)