TTMM Redesign

Discussion in 'Unofficial Modders' started by WhitePaw2002, Jan 8, 2018.

1. WhitePaw2002

WhitePaw2002 Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe Modder

The TT Mod Manager has been getting a bit more attention with the water mod I made, and I noticed that some people have been having problems navigatimg through the program. It has also been in need of a revamp of the UI, so here this is.

I would like you to send pictures and ideas of how the mod manager should look. Once I get the chance, I will try to implement these changes. This will be following with a method to stack mods in the future as well.

2. streak1

streak1 Well-Known Member Canary Beta Deluxe Wiki Mod Streak1 Old Banners

Noice.

I might create some mockups for the program in GIMP, with that tabbed style I mentioned.

3. harpo99999

harpo99999 Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe

which ide are you using to create ttmm?
    would like to know as I would like to attempt to create a suitable ux layout for the ttmm,
    as I had a lot of difficulty figuring out how to use it,
    and over the last few decades have written a few utilites for various needs (modding utilites for sins of a solar empire being the main group, but also cd/dvd/memory stick menus for computer users (not techs/programmers/nerds, but the grandma/pa class)

4. WhitePaw2002

...what is it that you are asking of?

5. harpo99999

which development environment are you using for the creation of ttmm?
    I would like to attempt to help with the re-design of the interface as I have some experience at designing (and implementing) user interfaces for less technical(and perhaps more creative) minds

6. WhitePaw2002

The way that you can help right now is by giving ideas of where certain elements can be, or how things could be laid out.

I am not going to be opening the project for more people to work on, sorry. I work alone most of the time. If you do want to help, please do so through sharing any criticism, suggestions and such.

7. harpo99999

it was so that I could create a form object view using the current button labels(from the english version(assuming there is more than one language version) as I only read and write in english(think in binary,hex z80 assembler and VB))

8. FightBiscuit

FightBiscuit Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe

TTMM Idea.PNG
    How about this? Everything would fit on one page and it would be much better sorted
    TTMM Idea2.PNG
    This Mod Page could also give more details about the different mods

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Legionite likes this.
  9. WhitePaw2002

I like it. I'll definitely try to have that layout as an option, if not have that appear by default.