TTMM killed my game

BroBane

I apologize if this title may sound hostile but it really did. When I loaded water mod, it worked. BUT when I went to switch back to vanilla backup, it doesn't get past the config screen and willl just freeze up, requiring a PC hard reset to get my PC to even respond.
Does anyone know how to delete the mods and TTMM and possibly reinstall it?

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
This happened to me as well. My solution is trying to got o Steam and verifying intrgerity of game files. After that everything went smoothly for me

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
I am sorry to hear that. Most times, it is because TTMM gets tricked while the game is being updated and the mod manager is open. If you re-launch it after the game updates, it'll try to make the changes to the Vanilla folder. You must allow it to save the changes to the Vanilla in the prompt, or you can Delete it within the program to clean it.
Do not install any mod after an update until you know the Vanilla Backup is genuine!

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
I am sorry to hear that. Most times, it is because TTMM gets tricked while the game is being updated and the mod manager is open. If you re-launch it after the game updates, it'll try to make the changes to the Vanilla folder. You must allow it to save the changes to the Vanilla in the prompt, or you can Delete it within the program to clean it.
Do not install any mod after an update until you know the Vanilla Backup is genuine!
Maybe you could make the game close itself and open up TTMM if the version doesn't match, to prevent these issues.

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
Maybe you could make the game close itself and open up TTMM if the version doesn't match, to prevent these issues.
...that requires that the game somehow knows that this exists, which requires modifying backed up game files, and trying to find the location of where the user decided to put TTMM. Which all seems rather invasive to me...

If the game doesn't work after an update:
- close TTMM.
- verify/reinstall/update the game.
- open TTMM.
- dialog should appear asking if there was an update.

- If dialog does not appear, or you deny dialog:
- - close TTMM.
- - delete the Vanilla Backup folder in the "TerraTech Beta/Mods" directory.
- - open TTMM.

BroBane

Way too late update: It works now. All I had to do is verify the integrity of game files using steam.