TT_Unstable 1.3.3.1 now available on Steam

Sai Wun

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
UI Update
  • The in-game UI has now been significantly enhanced.

Race Missions
  • The race missions have now been updated to take place on bespoke terrain.

New Blocks
  • Hawkeye Paladin Bomb
  • Hawkeye Aero Prop
  • Lathrix’s Top Hat

Design Tweaks
  • Further balancing on Venture and GSO shield bubbles
    • GSO Shield Bubble cost from 6156 to 4770
    • New Recipe: Fibron x2, Ion Pulse Cell, Hard Light Drive
    • Venture Shield Bubble cost from 3207 to 6810
    • New Recipe: Fibre Plating, Ion Pulse Cell, Cyclone Jet, Hard Light Drive
  • Venture Shield Bubble energy consumption per damage point increased
  • Added more batteries to the Spider King.

Bug Fixes:
  • Corrected some non-localised text for US English.
  • Fixed graphical issue with black vertical bars in ultra wide aspect ratios.

Known Major Issues:
  • Loading save games in R&D Test Chamber will cause the game to crash.
  • The in-game Block Bucks UI has a meaningless tooltip.
  • The cost for re-buying your last Tech if it gets destroyed has 4 Block Bucks symbols instead of 2.
  • Multiple resources travelling close to each other along Conveyors may generate bottlenecks and clog bases up, especially around Refineries and Filters.
  • Translations for non-English language support is work-in-progress for most languages.

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Venture Shield Bubble energy consumption per damage point increased
Could you tell us (me) how much this has been change by? (So I can confirm it in testing.)

Corrected some non-localised text for US English.
Oh, was there already a US English localisation, then, huh...? I hadn't realised.

Falchoin

This should be changed from 0.15 to 0.5 bringing it more in line with the other shield bubbles.

Ven 0.5
GSO 0.75
BF 1.0
HWK 1.25

Let me know how it feels, cheers!
On paper I would agree with this, however I think 0.35 or 0.4 would be better balanced. Venture shields are small enough such that a tech fitting inside one will take damage to every block when hit by cruise missiles. Since Venture shields provide little protection against splash damage I would argue they should be more efficient than the standard 0.25 difference between bubbles allows.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
changed from 0.15 to 0.5
Oof!:eek: So their drain should be more than tripled now?! That's extremely harsh, given that you ~doubled up their price too...

I'll take a look some time, but I'm thinking that unless you substantially reduce that again, it's RIP for using Venture shields for me (and RIP for the techs I've used them on).

What would the numbers be like if it were made roughly proportional to the surface areas of the bubbles? (As a kind of justifying logic.)

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Oof!:eek: So their drain should be more than tripled now?! That's extremely harsh, given that you ~doubled up their price too...
I wouldn't say extremely harsh, but they were incredible strong and cheap previously. Different shields should have different uses and no one shield should be the best at doing all the things. While the energy consumption per damage taken stat has been increased, all other stats except for size are still better than the other shields and have stayed the same.

We're still all up for tweaking it, so let me know how they feel when you've given them a go in the feedback forum!

Cheers

Wassaup

Here's the thing about the Venture shield bubble: Yes, looking at the stats alone, it is the best performing shield in the game. It's energy drain (both active and passive) is minimal, BUT it's small! With a radius of 3 blocks, it's absolutely tiny! It can't cover many block, nor provide a big enough air-gap to protect from explosions.
There are some "radical" thinkers among the TT players (just today, I saw a tech made almost entirely of GSO cabs), and yet, I have never seen anyone cover their huge tech with dozens of VEN shields. Why? Because nobody is that "brave".
Despite it's awesome performance, the VEN shield saw little to no use, because of it's size and it's absolutely crazy 19533 BB price tag. The cut made people like me at least consider it's application for niche uses. Honestly, even the latest price-tag is tolerable to me. But, if you take away the shields great energy-friendliness, there's no reason not to just use a GSO bubble instead, and the VEN shield goes back to collect dust.

Bottom line, either
A) keep the 3207 price and make the drain value 0.3 max
- or -
B) keep the drain at 0.15 and use the new 6810 price