Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have my own thoughts on this.

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Legionite

LegionKnight
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
So I have heard hints from others mentioning that some of the new R&D blocks in the game have been mentioned/hinted to be in certain corporations, but some of them seem out of place...

So I heard from someone that the Big Top Prop is supposedly going to Venture. This doesn't seem that fitting that Venture receives another prop, given that they already have the Nose, Zero, and Pinwheel props already.
GSO only has one prop so far, and it is the turbine prop that pushes like a fan.

Given the style of the prop, it catches the old-time vibe that GSO was going for.

The cold-war era vehicles with rounded shapes.
It seems fitting that a prop that it looks like it came from such times belongs in its matching corporation rather than a corporation that builds futuristic racecourses, cars, and planes.
(It also hints that large wings may be coming for the corporation it is for as well)

The Sonic Lance is also supposedly hinted to be going to GeoCorp according to some and the lore in it.
This seems rather contradictory since GEO has close-ranged combat, so it makes little to no sense to push the enemy away from the deadly drills.
If anything, GEO would probably use a tractor beam to collect the resources(and pull enemies) instead of a weapon that flings both enemies AND resource chunks away from the GEO Tech, making it fail spectacularly at its job.

Instead, it seems far more at home in a corporation that isn't officially in the game yet.
It flings things far with dangerously high recoil (that literally sends it clipping though rows of anchors), making it a significant hazard to the Tech using it.

This sounds like a experimental hazard weapon with dangerously potent combat applications.
What other corp makes "bizarre weapons [that] give little indication of their actual function and they are just as likely to work as to blow their operator to pieces."?

RETICULE RESEARCH!!1!

Oh, and that steering hover looks like it is definitely going to GEO, with that same frame as the GEO Hover.

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
R&D blocks in the game have been mentioned/hinted to be in certain corporations
What do people think of the theory that the EXP blocks are already assigned to corps (would make sense) and you get them from the relevant Corp's missions in campaign? I'd assumed that was wishful thinking, coincidence and confirmation bias (although I'd not thought about it much, to be honest). But Lathrix's latest episode seemed to support that idea, from the drops:

I'd say the Big Nose propeller looks retro and oversized for it's power, so makes sense in GSO.

I don't know how to place the Sonic Lance. It's so weird and glitchy right now that I'm not sure how they intend it to be used and kinda expect it to languish in R&D for a long time. So no indication of which corp next. It could even go to GeoCorp, as a non-gun utility weapon (for flipping other techs), or Venture as a mobility aid (wrong style, probably)...

I've not heard any runomors/hints of which corp is definitely next (beyond Matt's stream leak that they are actively working on one). My expectation is that it will be a corp with more minimal block coding necessary, due to constraints. So Reticle Research would be counter to that, if it has more interesting weapon concepts. Space Junkers could be more traditional weapon types, perhaps... We'll see, though.

I don't know how to place the Sonic Lance. It's so weird and glitchy right now that I'm not sure how they intend it to be used and kinda expect it to languish in R&D for a long time. So no indication of which corp next. It could even go to GeoCorp, as a non-gun utility weapon (for flipping other techs), or Venture as a mobility aid (wrong style, probably)...

I've not heard any runomors/hints of which corp is definitely next (beyond Matt's stream leak that they are actively working on one). My expectation is that it will be a corp with more minimal block coding necessary, due to constraints. So Reticle Research would be counter to that, if it has more interesting weapon concepts. Space Junkers could be more traditional weapon types, perhaps... We'll see, though.
I would say that Reticule Research would be fairly easy to implement since a lot of blocks that fit their corporation have already been made (eg. Sonic Lance, Vibro Blade, Plasma Flamethrower). But either way, the sonic lance still needs to spend quite a lot more time in R&D since it’s far from a completed block, so maybe Reticule Research will be a more viable corporation choice once the block is ready to leave R&D.

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Website
ngttadventures.blogspot.se
But either way, the sonic lance still needs to spend quite a lot more time in R&D since it’s far from a completed block, so maybe Reticule Research will be a more viable corporation choice once the block is ready to leave R&D.
Why? What is not finished on it?

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Website
ngttadventures.blogspot.se
Well, it's just been added to the game, there's probably some balance changes that need to be done (I think it should do some damage, since right now it doesn't at all).
Oh you mean in general. I thought you found some bugs with it.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
What is not finished on it?
I don't think it actually works as yet - when it kicks back your tech it simply offsets it by a distance, rather than transferring any speed/momentum. Well, that how it seemed to me. I suspect that it'll have used some pre-existing weapon parameter that shouldn't have been used for this purpose, rather than any actual new code. I could be wrong...

a lot of blocks that fit their corporation have already been made
Payload have no trouble making new block models, it's putting the new code into them (for unique behaviours) that's the production bottleneck. #CoderTime still.

xXThunderFlameXx

Aircraft Enthusiast
I remember from past experience that the Vibro Blade and Firework launcher drop from Venture missions and the Plasma Flamethrower and 4x4 hover from Hawkeye, so they have already been assigned, GSO could definietly use a new propeller since the one they currently have is pretty weak and still takes up a lot of space and is also hard to work with due to it's awkward thrust direction, but the jetson could also fit hawkeye, if not a 2x1 version that is slightly weaker could suffice.

NotExactlyHero

FORUM DEFENDER
Website
www.khanacademy.org
The Big Nose Propeller(or whatever it's called) I took to be GSO, based on the classic stripe(s). It's too steampunky and clunky to be Hawkeye or Venture, but it could go into GeoCorp based on looks alone(despite making little sense lorewise).
With the (kinda) exposed engine on it, I think it meets the GSO "rationale"(whatever that means) on the Wiki, as it says "Equipment is old, battered hand-me-downs that have been patched and chipped so many times that you can’t really tell what they must have looked like originally."

Also gosh the wiki needs to be updated.