TT World as a planet + space tech

StyxAnnihilator

Dec 1, 2015
Norway, Oslo.
How big is another issue, suggest not too large.

Then later on can add launch of tech to orbital platform with Trading Station whit special blocks for space travel. So build a space tech for travel to other planets and biomes (and enemy techs).

Even later on add Planet Annihilation weapon? :D

Credit to others suggested that.

Reactions: MCrafterzz

matik2002

Sep 16, 2015

Then later on can add launch of tech to orbital platform with Trading Station whit special blocks for space travel. So build a space tech for travel to other planets and biomes (and enemy techs).

I wanted the same, AKA Space Rocket/Space Module which allowed Techs to travel between planets.

@zanzistar said that "it won't be in TT1, but maybe in TT2" which gave a mark that TerraTech 2 may be in development in the distant future. Maybe a sequel is a bad idea, but Space DLC will be useful.

zanzistar

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Aug 13, 2014
London
Yes, space travel is outside the possibilities for TT1, if we do TT2 it would be something to aim for. No promises, TT1 is our main focus right now, no other projects are being worked on.

BitMage

modARRRator
Jul 22, 2015
Chadwick Bay
space travel is a decent idea, but id be happy with a load screen then BAM second planet. We dont need actual lift off, orbiting, or deep space transit.

with all that being said, i dont think it would be a good idea till a sequel. Once the devs feel the core game play has all the facets, features, and polish just right. Who knows... this could be the start of a whole franchise. A sequel, saturday morning cartoon. hell, Id buy a pair of TT nike's, and id go eat at a TTBurger. I hear they have GREAT prizes in their kids meals...

BitMage

modARRRator
Jul 22, 2015
Chadwick Bay
dont expect to see tech wandering around on the face of a sphere. For that to have been a thing it would have needed to be part of the game concept from the very start. Doing that would require a rewrite and reorganization of most of the code base. It would require a vastly different physics model for starters.

Reactions: Chrii_the_Vieh

Gayvid`

Yes, I'm a well-known member
Sep 12, 2015
That would be awesome.This idea + my idea (because it can be used as gravity) = custom planet,well if you've got the resources.Also you could toggle enemies too!

Gayvid`

Sep 12, 2015
space travel is a decent idea, but id be happy with a load screen then BAM second planet. We dont need actual lift off, orbiting, or deep space transit.

with all that being said, i dont think it would be a good idea till a sequel. Once the devs feel the core game play has all the facets, features, and polish just right. Who knows... this could be the start of a whole franchise. A sequel, saturday morning cartoon. hell, Id buy a pair of TT nike's, and id go eat at a TTBurger. I hear they have GREAT prizes in their kids meals...
Orbiting,lift off such and such will be so much cooler than just teleporting.Also theres more to do in space than just teleporting too!

Gayvid`

Sep 12, 2015

PROBLEM:You don't know how complicated space is , I think you forgot the the two words "Super simple".