[TT Stable v1.3.10] [Steam] - Fabricators jam when chunks are reloaded

VoidVenom

Frequency:
Whenever the game unloads then loads a map chunk with an anchored fabricator in it (testing result, 100% guaranteed)

Game mode:
Campaign/R&D

Description:
If the player leaves Fabricators from any corporation anchored and returns from more than 5km away, the fabricators will become frozen. The status bubble reports that they have all of each type of chunk/component it would need to craft its item, however they do not craft an item, accept manually inserted items from the player, or accept items from conveyors.

Steps to Reproduce:
Place a fabricator, wander more than 5km away. Upon returning, the fabricator is in the state described above.

Additional Files:
Demonstration video:

EDIT: Added demonstration video and steps to reproduce

Last edited:

xchoice

Like alpakatalp, this also happened to me very well under 5km, I think 1km at most, but I was away for 15 minutes, maybe a little more.

edit: 0.8km away to be precise.

Also, reloading the game save nor unanchor/anchor the whole production line solves this :S

Last edited:

Bazzietuk

The whole crafting system and conveyor system of the game is broken and from what I keep getting told it won't be fixed as it would mean a complete rewrite of the game to sort it out which the devs won't do as they're more interested in adding new things to the game not fixing what is already there. The simplest option really is to find mineable seems of material, place auto miners on them and put in a conveyor system to refine them and output them directly to a launcher to sell then use the terminals in game to purchase parts instead of trying to craft them after you've earned the licences from the different corporations and maxed them out. Cheaper and easier in the long run than trying to craft yourself. Check out my posts for tech factory tech (refineries, scrappers, factories etc in one unit with storage). You can import them into the game and remove parts you don't have access to (my designs have everything from all corps in one setup).

Mainly vehicle tech of mine:
https://forum.terratechgame.com/index.php?threads/my-vehicle-and-base-techs.19994/

Factories of mine:
https://forum.terratechgame.com/index.php?threads/factory-tester-needed.19992/

There are also other people's posts on here with vehicles and base designs as well as other sites like Steam you can import them from to use.