Treasure Blocks

Trippeh

Website
I.have.more
floating blocks -> causing framerate issues -> caused the Silo idea -> Add same/other floating stuff to it again (even if less) -> causing framerate issues -> to be continued I guess?

if your using one large resource cube as hologram to indicate ore type, it would have same poly count as one unit, in stead of current silo with has 45 resources with 45 times the polygon count

maybe a display on container with static image of resource.

P

Pink Kitty

if your using one large resource cube as hologram to indicate ore type, it would have same poly count as one unit, in stead of current silo with has 45 resources with 45 times the polygon count

maybe a display on container with static image of resource.
Why?

We only get lag when there are hundreds on the screen at once.

And AFAIK, it's the physics that's doing it, for the most part.

Ya i got a storage storage array at 10% capacity and i'm at 5-10 fps (Geforce 950 OC)

Diffidently need a enclosed silo block.

AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor
8GB DDR3 (G.Skill)
790FX-GD70(MS-7577) Motherboard
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 2GB
Windows 10 (Build 14393)
240GB SSD C:
500GB standard D:

I can provide speccy file to devs if needed

P

Pink Kitty

I think it's your CPU.

I have an i5 4670K which is a little better, and it has issues when the silos fill up.

Though, it's bad enough that a gruntier processor just means that you can have a couple more pads full before it chugs.

Even if you have some refrigerated super rig, just add a couple more full pads, and you're in single digit FPS.

P

Pink Kitty

I can almost guarantee they won't.

My feeling is that they are heavily invested in the 'floating visible resource' model, and will do damn near anything to keep it.

Based on previous comments, i'm predicting that they will either optimise the physic interactions, or simply remove them for floaters.

Which will fix the lag, but not anything else.

I suspect it's a function of who likes which part of the game (in the office), as to what they are willing to change.

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
We're going to be looking into optimising items in holding beams ahead of the next stable update. Try them out in that and we can see what else needs doing to get things running smoothly.

TTOTALMAXOUTT

breaker of techs, games, and spines (my own)
the compressed blocks should be way heavier though. if you take a bunch of compressed metal, the car is just going to get flattened. so you should have to build a pretty bulky tech to carry that much.

doctor bond

the compressed blocks should be way heavier though. if you take a bunch of compressed metal, the car is just going to get flattened. so you should have to build a pretty bulky tech to carry that much.
This IS a sci-fi game... and I get where there's internal logic in compressed things being heavier... but "treasure" could just be more valuable/useful. Perhaps 2x the weight is a good balance...

TTOTALMAXOUTT

yes it is a sci-fi game, but what is the point of having weight count on your techs if they weigh close to nothing? i think x2 is better but still think i could be more.

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Website
ngttadventures.blogspot.se
Will SCU be able to take treasure blocks? If they are blocks with connections so we can build them in our tech for storage what level of "health/armor" will they have?
yes it is a sci-fi game, but what is the point of having weight count on your techs if they weigh close to nothing? i think x2 is better but still think i could be more.
I really think that weight is not an issue in game where you can make 64x64x64 base on one anchor, Weight is here just to make build limitations for vehicles, so x2/x3 weight of treasure block compared to chunks is ok. Otherwise treasure blocks transport will just become new way of grinding in game, transporting 5-6 treasures blocks in one pass.

TTOTALMAXOUTT

Will SCU be able to take treasure blocks? If they are blocks with connections so we can build them in our tech for storage what level of "health/armor" will they have?

I really think that weight is not an issue in game where you can make 64x64x64 base on one anchor, Weight is here just to make build limitations for vehicles, so x2/x3 weight of treasure block compared to chunks is ok. Otherwise treasure blocks transport will just become new way of grinding in game, transporting 5-6 treasures blocks in one pass.
yeah i just think having the weight the same would be weird but x2 or x3 is great.