Toxic Player

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Boomik, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Boomik

Boomik is very T H I C C

So, I was in this guy's server, and this other guy started trolling me. He ripped apart my creation, laughed at me and said "LMFAO" when I told him to stop, and he was really getting on my nerves. He was constantly in BB but ripped apart mine and others' techs that weren't in BB.

Now, after I typed the stuff above, he's trying to crash the server by spamming blocks everywhere.

He ripped apart my battleship on purpose, laughed at me, so it looks like TT is starting to attract toxic players to MP.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  2. JimmyBlether

JimmyBlether SFS SUPREME COMMANDER

This is bad. How was he even disassembling your tech? Is that a thing? If so, I say that is a bad feature.
    What was his gamertag? If so, I would ban him.

Soviet_Samuelson likes this.
  3. Boomik

Boomik is very T H I C C

Well, of course you can take apart someone else's tech. It's co-op after all. But, there should be an option where you can "whitelist" other people, thus giving them permission to build. If you're not whitelisted, then they can't interfere.

4. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Duck

The old canary version had an option to disable co-op building, so you can't modify other player's techs. I don't know why it was removed though. It's useful to prevent situations like these.

5. Cloud

Cloud Well-Known Member

At this point, you shouldn't be surprised. There was a person named s1 who did the above that Bøømik described. Except he kept saying it wasn't him immediately and getting 'angry' whenever we accused him. Except, there was one key difference. He was doing it even when I was in the build beam.

6. Zargn

Zargn Administrator

There was alot more options in the canary build, but they where under the "Debug" tab. Mostly made for testing. But some of them will hopefully be added back as working options.

Soviet_Samuelson and Boomik like this.
  7. Boomik

Boomik is very T H I C C

This is probably due to a bug or exploit. Or they were a hacker, but it's unlikely.

8. Traveel

Traveel Well-Known Member

That's the price.
    As the popularity of a game increases, the number of toxic players (usually) increase.

9. Benbacon

Benbacon Founder Of Bacon, Inc

Its a bug because I was able to do it to other people

I think there needs to be a reporting system because people were taking blocks off of my techs as well. One guy was even spamming the battleship cannons to lag the game

Soviet_Samuelson and Boomik like this.
  10. Boomik

Boomik is very T H I C C

My guy was taking apart my tech and spamming Titan and Behemoth wheels to crash the server. He was about a third to filling the entire map before the host left.

P.S. I ended up getting him back by taking apart his trollmobile.

11. Lord Zarnox

Lord Zarnox Founder of the IFTTES

Excuse me, but that is for X-Boxs and other Microsoft devices. We use the glorious gaming platform known as Steam. Username would have been the correct word.

12. Legionite

Legionite Airborne AI Assembler

Just stay away from the player...
    "just show them the murderbug";)

Soviet_Samuelson likes this.
  13. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Well-Known Member

co op have to have options for invited (or ask to join) players only. Actually it have to be only that options for joining co-op. detahmatch is for all, but co-op should be so people can see names of other players and accept them or kick them out.

Boomik, Lord Zarnox and Legionite like this.
  14. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

It seems like we need a way to kick these toxic players out of a game while it is in progress. Something that only the host should be able to do.
    Have a good one [8D)

15. Masakari

Masakari Well-Known Member Most Ingenious

Guess a lot of you don't remember (or saw the stream) when they first showed the Coop mode on stream few months back. This was a feature and not a bug (like many things now-a-days it seems) due to (from my understanding) how the creative mode sees all players as one player like in SP. Not sure why when the DM has us as separate players (even when set to teams) and can't mess with others techs beside weapons and placing blocks under them/in their path (which is just giving them blocks as they pick them up shortly after).

We do need an option like others have said for a permission toggle to prevent this from happening (have had it happen to me also). That or use the DM code for separate players/teams on top of the all as one current system.

Lord Zarnox, Benbacon and Boomik like this.
  16. Cloud

Cloud Well-Known Member

....I... I don't know what to say. Wait a second and let me find a suitable way to post these...... Crimes..

17. Cloud

Cloud Well-Known Member

EDIT: Benbacon did a good point

18. Benbacon

Benbacon Founder Of Bacon, Inc

Then just straight up report it to the devs
    No need to make everyone want to find out what it is

Soviet_Samuelson and Lord Zarnox like this.
  19. Traveel

Traveel Well-Known Member

I agree. Benbacon did a good point.

Soviet_Samuelson and Benbacon like this.
  20. Cloud

Cloud Well-Known Member

did Indeed. =//n//=

Benbacon likes this.