Too intensive on PC?

Discussion in 'Community Help, Questions and Guides' started by john10112, Jun 11, 2018.

?

Is the game harder to handle late game on average?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Depeneds

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. john10112

john10112 New Member

From a decent amount of reviews i have read, people say it is good, but it is hard to run. Usually people have to use processing power way outside the steam range to not lag.

I have seen a YouTuber's $2000+ gaming PC lag and buffer trying to handle decent refineries.

Should i get it?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    JimmyBlether likes this.
  2. layer1

layer1 Well-Known Member

Recording or live streaming could be a big part of that.

I'm running on a five-year old i5 that's not overclocked and for the most part the game runs fine. If there are enough moving techs nearby (generally more than the game will throw at you at one time) or enough resources on screen it can get a little laggy here and there. It gets worse the more things are added, so a full blown factory with a bunch of resources in silos can get pretty bad.

The autosave lag is the worst. It's of short duration but happens regularly and is noticeable, especially when it jerks around the screen rotation because the game thinks you suddenly did something drastic with your mouse.

edit: Voting 'Depends' and yes, you should get it. :D

3. Khaine

Khaine Member

I don't notice any lag on the game and I'm running an i5 with 8GB memory. The exception being when your industrial complex hits about 15 or so manufacturing facilities that all start communicating with one another. Then it's a pain because every little piece of conveyor you take out or put in, the game freezes for a couple of seconds to mull it over.
    Easily solvable with smaller factory complexes or intelligent design.

I have noticed a couple of late game issues, but I have a feeling they'll get resolved soon. I bought the game like two weeks ago and I don't regret it. :)

ZeroGravitas and layer1 like this.
  4. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

There have been a number of bugs that caused disproportionate FPS loss, several of which have been fixed.

However, crafting still causes a few. The one you describe sounds like the little 2 second hangs you get when starting fabrication (or editing a tech mid-fabriction) when it has a lot of crafting blocks connected on a single conveyor, or it's looped. This can be avoided with smarter base designs. I run through pretty much all these problems and how to design around them in my crafting guide.

Yes, I think so, if you PC meets the specs. Just don't expect to be able to spam 200+ missiles at the same time, or leave 1000s of resource chunks floating about, without significant FPS loss. Other than that, there are graphic options setting you can reduce that help substantially to boost FPS if you just have slowdown from very big techs, night time lighting, etc.

5. john10112

john10112 New Member

Update: i bought the game :D

So far its been great.

I have another question, i downloaded a bunch of items from steam, now why aren't they in my game R&D mode? Why do i see none of them when i try to load any?

ZeroGravitas and layer1 like this.
  6. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Subscribed Steam Workshop items are only visible in the "Workshop" tab of the *in-place* tech loading method - via the little Load button right in the bottom left of screen (so Creative and R&D modes only, not Campaign).

Woot! All aboard the TerraTech train!;)

7. john10112

john10112 New Member