Tiny Tread Push Power for MTs

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
So, when looking for alternatives for Gyroscope Stabilization Amplification, the tiny GSO treads came up on the list and blew it out of the water!

They were far more effective at pushing Techs than other wheels and treads when their suspension was pushed all the way in!

With a specific setup, they are potent enough to stabilize a new walker that I am working on as well.
20180330140101_1.jpg

SO basically, what happens when you push the treads in, the Tech with the treads mounted on them move in the direction of the push, but, if treads are held pushed, then they can output godly amounts of push forces, allowing the creation of a far more powerful hover bug that seemingly ignores mass and rotation drag.

Because they work by pushing a block against the treads, they can be effectively used to amplify a gyroscope's maximum potential by a significant magnitude.

The catch is that they fail to work when somewhat upside-down, only making them useful for upwards, forwards, backwards, and sideways thrust.

The tiny VEN treads are the centered alternative that also works, although they cannot push as much as the GSO ones and therefore aren't as useful.

They can also be used as pushers, acting as a substitute for the hoverbug in some cases.
20180403170229_1.jpg
And BOY, do they push.
Enough that huge helicopter blades can actually work, since it was impossible before even with the hover bug.

PS: Has someone found this before? Because I really want to claim this discovery that will help empower Multi-Tech motors.

Edit: fixed layout

Last edited:

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Yes, I've used a system like that with the MK4 Walker Prototype as an alternative to a full bank of Venture Gyros. :)

But instead of GSO treads, I've used GeoCorp treads, then I placed them in a cross configuration, one on each axis of movement (front, back, left, right) so whenever the walker offsets its weight, it will automatically correct itself.

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
View attachment 21590
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Last last December?
December 2017. Just last year. I was supposed to show it off on a community core, but that never happened. Then work got in the way, then ships happened, then artillery. So it kinda just sat on my list of things to do.

Edit: In that case, then we both discovered it separately, with you discovering it first. Mine's geared for bigger walkers, so there's a difference in the layout.

Last edited:

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
So, when looking for alternatives for Gyroscope Stabilization Amplification, the tiny GSO treads came up on the list and blew it out of the water!

View attachment 21585
And BOY, do they push.

With a specific setup, they are potent enough to stabilize a new walker that I am working on as well.
View attachment 21586

SO basically, what happens when you push the treads in, the Tech with the treads mounted on them move in the direction of the push, but, if treads are held pushed, then they can output godly amounts of push forces, allowing the creation of a far more powerful hover bug that seemingly ignores mass and rotation drag.

Because they work by pushing a block against the treads, they can be effectively used to amplify a gyroscope's maximum potential by a significant magnitude.

The catch is that they fail to work when somewhat upside-down, only making them useful for upwards, forwards, backwards, and sideways thrust.

The tiny VEN treads are the centered alternative that also works, although they cannot push as much as the GSO ones and therefore aren't as useful.

PS: Has someone found this before? Because I really want to claim this discovery that will help empower Multi-Tech motors.
Are you using spinning playe techs ass gyros? Wwhats so special about treads rather than wheels?
Behold!
Airborne Turret Artillery Platform Hovership Tech with Anti-Drift Treads and Axial Stabilizer Technology!
View attachment 21591

(Very early access)
Whats thie tread thing u talkin about? How it work?