Tiny Tread Push Power for MTs

Discussion in 'Techs' started by Legionite, Apr 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Legionite

Legionite Airborne AI Assembler

So, when looking for alternatives for Gyroscope Stabilization Amplification, the tiny GSO treads came up on the list and blew it out of the water!

They were far more effective at pushing Techs than other wheels and treads when their suspension was pushed all the way in!

With a specific setup, they are potent enough to stabilize a new walker that I am working on as well.
    20180330140101_1.jpg

SO basically, what happens when you push the treads in, the Tech with the treads mounted on them move in the direction of the push, but, if treads are held pushed, then they can output godly amounts of push forces, allowing the creation of a far more powerful hover bug that seemingly ignores mass and rotation drag.

Because they work by pushing a block against the treads, they can be effectively used to amplify a gyroscope's maximum potential by a significant magnitude.

The catch is that they fail to work when somewhat upside-down, only making them useful for upwards, forwards, backwards, and sideways thrust.

The tiny VEN treads are the centered alternative that also works, although they cannot push as much as the GSO ones and therefore aren't as useful.

They can also be used as pushers, acting as a substitute for the hoverbug in some cases.
    20180403170229_1.jpg
    And BOY, do they push.
    Enough that huge helicopter blades can actually work, since it was impossible before even with the hover bug.

PS: Has someone found this before? Because I really want to claim this discovery that will help empower Multi-Tech motors.

Edit: fixed layout

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  2. Potato

Potato Tinkerer of Titäns

Yes, I've used a system like that with the MK4 Walker Prototype as an alternative to a full bank of Venture Gyros. :)

But instead of GSO treads, I've used GeoCorp treads, then I placed them in a cross configuration, one on each axis of movement (front, back, left, right) so whenever the walker offsets its weight, it will automatically correct itself.

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  3. Legionite

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  4. Boomik

Boomik ...

I still don't understand how this works. Can you give an in-depth description or something?

Soviet_Samuelson and Legionite like this.
  5. Potato

Yes. Here's the prototype for proof. It will lag when you load it, so please be patient. LK_Walker_MK4D.png

Legionite likes this.
  6. Legionite

Is it older than [This Mech]?

7. Potato

Nope. I made this one last December.

8. Legionite

why you have made a mech yet, right?

9. Legionite

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 5.40.58 PM.png
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Last last December?

10. Potato

December 2017. Just last year. I was supposed to show it off on a community core, but that never happened. Then work got in the way, then ships happened, then artillery. So it kinda just sat on my list of things to do.

Edit: In that case, then we both discovered it separately, with you discovering it first. Mine's geared for bigger walkers, so there's a difference in the layout.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  11. Legionite

Behold!
    Airborne Turret Artillery Platform Hovership Tech with Anti-Drift Treads and Axial Stabilizer Technology!
    20180403230929_1.jpg

(Very early access)

Jaime likes this.
  12. Boomik

Boomik ...

Yes, but it failed miserably.

13. Soviet_Samuelson

Soviet_Samuelson Living in my pizza boxes because mom kicked me out

I'm confused, what's the treads doing?

14. Legionite

Can I see it?
    (to troubleshoot)

15. Boomik

Boomik ...

If I can dig up the save. Keep in mind that the walker only has legs so far.

16. Soviet_Samuelson

Are you using spinning playe techs ass gyros? Wwhats so special about treads rather than wheels?
    Whats thie tread thing u talkin about? How it work?

17. Legionite

Fixed- see topmost post

Soviet_Samuelson likes this.
  18. Icarus_The_King_Of_Angels

Icarus_The_King_Of_Angels S H I N Y Mad Scientist

....is the physics realistic enough to have rotational inertia like that? Spinning part of a multi tech for a gyro?

Soviet_Samuelson likes this.
  19. Soviet_Samuelson

(Very early access)[/QUOTE]
    I hope so!

20. Legionite

Yes, it actually works
    20180404174713_1.jpg
    Managed to get the top helicopter frame free-rotating

Lord Zarnox likes this.