Time of Day Settings in R&D and Creative and R&D Teleporter Menu.

Do you guys (and gals) think these would be good quality of life features?

• Possibly...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• PERRHAAAAPS!

• Total voters

Shidoni

Exists, sady...
Haven't existed on the forums for awhile, oh well...

Time of Day Settings.

Being able to control the time of day (in R&D and Creative only of course) would be a very nice quality of life feature to have in my opinion. This could work by having a slider in the menu under Gameplay, or even a radial menu which represents where the sun is compared to the 'planet'. Example being at the very bottom it would be Midnight, at the very top would be Noon.

An option to lock the time of day would also be nice, this could be in the same area under gameplay settings. No more trying and failing miserably when trying to build at night!

R&D Teleporter Menu. (R&D exclusive feature)

The R&D Teleporters, pretty useful things for getting around, however, I've done it, you probably have as well, you teleport to Middle of Nowhere and fly in one direction endlessly to test god knows what. Now you want to get back to a different teleporter location, but the teleporter is either so far way it would be a pain to or you have no idea where it is at all! That's where this comes in, a menu under gameplay settings (or wherever the devs feel like it would fit) which is the R&D teleporter menu, now you have access to it no matter how lost you get! This could work by teleporting the players tech to where it would come out if it used one of the teleporter pads normally, with this you could have your very own pocket teleporter!

Pocket Teleporter not included, quality of life feature, possibly included.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
a menu under gameplay settings
Yeah, I've been thinking this too. We see the devs (@Matt) struggle to access the new teleporter entrances during com-core streams. Would be way easier to have it accessed directly by a menu in R&D. (Save the formality of teleporters for campaign, or whatever, if that ever happens.)

Now you want to get back to a different teleporter location, but the teleporter is either so far
I just use return to origin and then enter the tarting teleporter. Be better if that button was reproposed to access the teleport menu, I think. (@Sdarks, feasible?:))

Being able to control the time of day (in R&D and Creative only of course) would be a very nice quality of life feature
Much yes please, too. For taking snapshots of techs with good lighting, it would be great.:)