Three Blocks for a Better Future

Which of these ideas do you like the most?

• Larger Face Blank Blocks

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Readable Gauges

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blast Shield

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Nerf Craft

Sep 6, 2018
Better Future is clearly still an unfinished corporation with plenty of room for suggestion. Here are three block ideas for what Better Future should get. They are listed in the order of how difficult I believe they will be to code, from easiest to hardest.

The first one is something I feel as an absolute necessity. Larger Face Blank Blocks. Right now we only have a 1x1. By now everyone knows that it's wiser to use fewer large blocks than many small ones. For example, it is easier for a cannon to break five One-Blocks than one Five-Block. Larger Face Blank Blocks will not only make building large techs easier, faster and use less total blocks, it will also make them stronger as well.

This second one is not a huge requirement, but I believe it will be much appreciated. Better Future needs power and fuel gauges. But special ones. They would be special in that instead of the cryptic blinking lights that only approximate how full your batteries and tanks are, they would show a percentage of how full they are. For example, a GSO Power Gauge would have its third light blinking. That could mean the batteries are anywhere from 60-70% full. With a Better Future gauge, you could see 63.85% full and dropping at a rate of 0.05% per second and your chargers are filling you up at a rate of 1.5% per second.

This third one will probably be agreed on by many, but will probably be difficult to create. A blast shield bubble. It would create a blast shield that does not block weapons but will only stop explosion on the outside from damaging blocks within the bubble. It would stop about 75% of explosive damage but will not stack with more bubbles on the same blocks. The projector must be inset further back in the tech than a normal shield, because explosions within the bubble will be unaffected meaning the normal shield must have its edge further from the tech than the blast shield.

The first suggestion will absolutely be the easiest to make and is definitely the most important one and should be considered fully. The second one is more of a convenience than anything, but I can see its practicality in combat and testing. The third one might be hard, but if it happens it will probably be highly appreciated. Feedback to improve upon these ideas is welcome.

Sokolov

Jun 30, 2018
Like all three, the best ones are 2 and 3.
Really, it'nice to see your percentage rcharge in batteries and/or depletion/charging rate.
Third one is a dream. Really, it is very nice, yet hard to make.