This game is terriable

deathjdstn

Feb 8, 2015
Ok,

Here is my 2 cents. The game is rushed simple as that. I cannot even get far at all because of all the bugs. I mean when I destroy a enemy cab, some how the other blocks that would allow me to expand my tech just disappears. While building enemy techs just shows up magically destroying me. I had to do some magical things just to get the save button to show up.

This game is overwhelmingly frustrating.

I feel that even for an early access game for charging for it at this stage is just bad idea. I think your company made a bad decision on even releasing it to the public at this stage! I feel I just wasted money on a game I cannot even last more then 2 mins.

I do not mind challenges but really this is ridiculous. I want to build up and base build and such but, cannot even get to that stage.

Aug 13, 2014
Germany
Ok,

Here is my 2 cents. The game is rushed simple as that. I cannot even get far at all because of all the bugs. I mean when I destroy a enemy cab, some how the other blocks that would allow me to expand my tech just disappears. While building enemy techs just shows up magically destroying me. I had to do some magical things just to get the save button to show up.

I feel that even for an early access game for charging for it at this stage is just bad idea. I think your company made a bad decision on even releasing it to the public at this stage! I feel I just wasted money on a game I cannot even last more then 2 mins.

I do not mind challenges but really this is ridiculous. I want to build up and base build and such but, cannot even get to that stage.
At first: Welcome to the TerraTech community :)

I mean when I destroy a enemy cab, some how the other blocks that would allow me to expand my tech just disappears.
Why not post it in the bugs section then? If you encounter a bug just describe how it happened and try to reproduce it, so it can be fixed in an update :)

While building enemy techs just shows up magically destroying me.
Why not post it in the bugs section then? If you encounter a bug just describe how it happened and try to reproduce it, so it can be fixed in an update :)

If you encounter such bugs I understand that it can be really frustrating. But why not help and fix those bugs so you can enjoy the game again? ;)

I want to build up and base build and such but, cannot even get to that stage.
You could buy the R&D pack which grants you access to the R&D testchamber which has (nearly all/all?) blocks which are currently in the main game. Even base parts are in there! You won't encounter enemys or such, just you alone with a huge playground to play/build on:)

I hope your bugs get fixed soon! :(

Reactions: NatLG and Jamie

Knyghtefall

Jan 5, 2015

deathjdstn: At the moment, the game is, in my opinion, harder than it will be after the next update or so. While my 'Tech is a frankenstein hodge-podge at the moment, you can use my save as a jumping off point to explore the game.

upload_2015-2-8_19-22-38.png

As long as you keep the shields fueled (just destroy a few trees every now and again and back up over the resources on the ground) the weapons at the front will be nearly invulnerable.

Or you can totally rebuild the Tech as you want. It's an ugly beast right now, but could be pared down to a fast attack Tech pretty easily.

Attachments

deathjdstn

Feb 8, 2015
so you want us to pay more just to play a creative mode when other games in the same area is including this as part of their main gain such as minecraft, rising worlds, 7 days, etc....

I feel this whole dlc area is just nonsense and a way to break your games up to make more and more money instead of just selling the game for what it is and make a fun experience. This is not an mmo and I am starting to see this in other areas and I think it is very bad taste and hurting the good quality of how these games should be.

Reactions: Spider

Sai Wun

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Aug 13, 2014
Hi Deathjdstn

I'd like to give you a quick explanation of why the DLC exists. When we launched our Kickstarter campaign, there were various tiers where backers were offered some extra content when backing at a higher tier. So to be able to deliver this, we used Steam's DLC content to provide the extra content exclusively for them. Post Kickstarter, there was a demand for new buyers to be able to get hold of the extra content too so we ensured that the R&D Pack was not essential to the main game and made it an optional add-on. Original higher tier Kickstarter backers continue to get their extra content and any new buyers have the option to buy it too, but it is not essential for the main game.

-Sai Wun
TerraTech Producer

justchedder

Feb 13, 2015
as much i have to say i got it while on offer on steam for about £12.99 and yes its in early access the system that it plays on is a good concept ive been playing it for say a week now sahe i cant get the DLC mainly because i lovely the creative side but to much money to spend on a DLC bugs are bugs, its one thing you will find on any early access game or in general any game apart from "Pong" i wouldn't say this game is terrible it just needs a lot of time to progress and work put into it and hopefully player's suggestions one thing i would hate if this game is just all about money and don't really care about peoples views or suggestions such as WarZ (survivalist stories) and other games like that things like minecraft take mods and make them real on the game how ever since Microsoft brought minecraft i Havant been playing it as much if only terratech had the creative side aka what you can build what ever you want with out you having to pay like £9.99 for it i got the game thing its going to be awesome and yes it was awesome thing looked at the DLC and its clearly over priced look at any other game that say has an editor you don't pay extra for it yes with this shame you do

trotski94

Jan 28, 2015
They literally gave you a valid reason its a payed DLC and you still make the same redundant point..
Kids these days.
:rolleyes:

justchedder

Feb 13, 2015
its basicly an editor so dont give me the "kids these days" thing thx im onyl stating its a shame that an editor isnt free liek all the other games out there

Last edited:

Knyghtefall

Jan 5, 2015
Actually, that's not what the DLC is at all. Software-wise, it's a place to see the latest and greatest and test out various ideas. But the true worth, in my opinion, is getting the ear of the devs on the private boards. Sure, they're going to listen to suggestions from every source (they'd be silly not to), but it was worth the price to me to pay to have their attention on a more frequent basis.

I've paid full freight for this game and I feel I've been getting my money's worth.

Reactions: Jamie

Darci

Feb 10, 2015
Actually, that's not what the DLC is at all. Software-wise, it's a place to see the latest and greatest and test out various ideas. But the true worth, in my opinion, is getting the ear of the devs on the private boards. Sure, they're going to listen to suggestions from every source (they'd be silly not to), but it was worth the price to me to pay to have their attention on a more frequent basis.

I've paid full freight for this game and I feel I've been getting my money's worth.
(I was just writing your words right now :p)

So, if you guys don't want to, just don't buy it! The main game will be the same, with it or not! And stop complaining!

:mad::mad::mad:

:confused::confused:

:D

Reactions: cupid_the_conqueror