There should be different type of scu storage.

tt_waifu7

Jul 29, 2021
I think there should be a scu block that is capable of storing resources, like how a standard scu block puts blocks into your inventory. so resources can now be in your inventory.

Reactions: Shpick

Shpick

Jun 30, 2020
oh nice! i thought of something like that too once! it could solve some lag issues, could belong to a more advanced corp though.

Cupholder

Doing something I shouldn't
May 9, 2021
Interesting idea, but why can't you just craft them into blocks and then store those in your SCU?

Geocorp Jumper

May 24, 2016
I think an scu for resources would be unnecessary because you can craft the resource blocks. However, they should create a block for storing raw resource chunks. I think a raw resource crate would be a cool block idea. It would store fewer chunks because the unrefined resources cannot be compressed.

Reactions: harpo99999

Zonko

Sep 20, 2019
I'd like a tank that holds 1000 chunks of a single resource, and does not render it.

Reactions: harpo99999

Geocorp Jumper

May 24, 2016
I'd like a tank that holds 1000 chunks of a single resource, and does not render it.
Actually, it would make sense for a filtered silo to hold more blocks than unfiltered silos. If I want to filter blocks, I just attach a filter conveyor to a lotsa silo. No need for a filtered silo when there’s bigger storage solutions.

Reactions: Zonko

Cupholder

May 9, 2021
I feel like this is moving away from the original idea. I thought this was about another SCU type designated for resource chunks in order to improve cleanliness, and reduce lag, no? Now this is headed towards silos that store roughly 10 times more than the largest GSO silo, store them all invisibly to avoid clutter and lag, as well as acting like a resource silo and doing all the crafting biz for you, and it's unfiltered so you can store half of your needed resource in a single one.

It's certainly a good idea, but I see no downsides. Shouldn't there be at least one for all of these major benefits?

Geocorp Jumper

May 24, 2016
I feel like this is moving away from the original idea. I thought this was about another SCU type designated for resource chunks in order to improve cleanliness, and reduce lag, no? Now this is headed towards silos that store roughly 10 times more than the largest GSO silo, store them all invisibly to avoid clutter and lag, as well as acting like a resource silo and doing all the crafting biz for you, and it's unfiltered so you can store half of your needed resource in a single one.

It's certainly a good idea, but I see no downsides. Shouldn't there be at least one for all of these major benefits?
True that we moved away from a resource SCU. Personally, I feel a resource SCU would undo a lot work done on collectors, receivers, silos and resource blocks, hence I suggested alternatives.

As for the silo idea, it doesn’t necessarily need to have downsides. Because it’d be such a massive storage, it would most certainly be a late-game, end-game item. A sort of congratulations for completing the game. If there were to be downsides, I would make it very large, limit its APs, and make it filtered. Filtering it would make more sense in the character of silos irl. You wouldn’t mix your wheat with your barley, nor your corn with your oats, so it would make sense not to mix your ignite with your carbite.

Warbrand2 posted an idea that has some decent downsides. Would this be a good silo?

Last edited:

Zonko

Sep 20, 2019
So many late game objects like cannons, or titan wheels take an entire silo worth of stuff, each, that there's no way to build say, 4 titan wheels in even quite a large base.
And what's with the treasure blocks and silos?
None of them line up.
GC blocks break down to 120 chunks. biggest silo is 90.
???
They really need some kind of pattern, like 10/20/40/80/
or 8/16/32/64.
And the silos need to match.

Sapioit

Nov 1, 2019
sapioit.com
I think raw resources and processed resources (and components, too, separately) should have their own fabrication bricks of 1 unit. There is a mod for storing single components in blocks, for storing them in the inventory, but it doesn't have the same for raw resources or processed resources.

Cupholder

May 9, 2021
I think raw resources and processed resources (and components, too, separately) should have their own fabrication bricks of 1 unit. There is a mod for storing single components in blocks, for storing them in the inventory, but it doesn't have the same for raw resources or processed resources.

For your problem, aren't units of 8 for venture enough? I feel like a resource SCU would be great, but it's 100% quality of life and not a necessary feature. Just picturing getting a single f*bron from a reward crate is getting me triggered.

Reactions: Sapioit

Zonko

Sep 20, 2019

Ok.
now you need 180 of them to fill 2 silos.
How long is your clicking finger gonna hold up?

Reactions: Sapioit

Sapioit

Nov 1, 2019
sapioit.com
For your problem, aren't units of 8 for venture enough? I feel like a resource SCU would be great, but it's 100% quality of life and not a necessary feature. Just picturing getting a single f*bron from a reward crate is getting me triggered.
Then, at the very least, add raw resource versions for all the refined resources, for each corporation. Besides, most reward crates, with the exception of the ones which give you the terminal, give you more than one block, and you would have to be fairly unlucky to get only single resources. And you can also add crates for more components to even out the odds of getting a single thing, if you're so inclined.

And you can even make all those things to be separate smaller mods, so people can simply not install the ones they don't want. Not a mod per block, but a mod per block type. Like a mod for single resource crates, another one for the raw resource crates for each corporation in part, and another one for larger-quantity components storage. Or only pick what you like, and have people in the comments ask you to do the other things you didn't, when they will feel the need for those things, or don't even bother, after all, it's entirely your choice what to spend your time and effort on.