Theorycrafting thread #1: Fuel & friends

Mindl3ss

Mindless Dominion Fleet Admiral
SV 'Daegon's Wrath', Aquia Harbour Virginia
Website
th3kaijuwars.freeforums.net
Just ignore the context stuff and the stuff about Better Futures. This was copied and pasted from the BF Plasma Cannon thread. It's an in depth theorem on exactly what our fuels are made of in terratech. and according to my research, its freaking scary.

As for Oleite/Rodite fuels, Oleite is Petrol. Rodite as best as i can tell is Flourine, which exists as a pale yellow gas at normal temperature an pressure here on earth. It is definitely not Rhodium, as it's name might imply, as Rhodium is an inert metal. Flourine on the other hand is the most reactive element on the periodic table, a likely catalyst for power generating technologies. in it's natural state, Flourine is extremely toxic and the most corrosive single element (And a component element for some of the most corrosive materials on earth.). It is notably used to enrich uranium. And Flourocarbon gasses (The pollutant created when Flourine is combined with Hydrocarbon fuel) has up to 20 thousand times the global warming impact than Carbon Dioxide. So, yeah. Terratech's fuel source is extreamly environmentally unfriendly. possibly unrealistically so after looking at it this closely. and certainly not in accordance with Better Futures' Mantra.

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
The pollutant created when Flourine is combined with Hydrocarbon fuel) has up to 20 thousand times the global warming impact than Carbon Dioxide. So, yeah. Terratech's fuel source is extreamly environmentally unfriendly. possibly unrealistically so after looking at it this closely. and certainly not in accordance with Better Futures' Mantra.
thats kinda why i made the thread

Soviet_Samuelson

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
My theory is that all the fuel cells contain genetically engineered bacteria that thrive in hot conditions. The bacteria have huge appetites for carbon dioxide, eating the gas as fast as the fuel cell can spew it out and processing it back into fuel.
but they need some other nutrients for this to happen. perhaps the fuel materials are just a super efficient food for them?

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Another theory is that the planets we visit while playing all have hydrogen rich atmospheres and that the fuel tanks are able to consume, process and store it as fuel for us to use. Allowing us to have an unlimited supply as long as the planet is still alive.
Have a good one [8D)

Soviet_Samuelson

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Another theory is that the planets we visit while playing all have hydrogen rich atmospheres and that the fuel tanks are able to consume, process and store it as fuel for us to use. Allowing us to have an unlimited supply as long as the planet is still alive.
Have a good one [8D)
yes, maybe the oleite and rohdite is just ingredients in it's retrival! and the hydrogen would be completely safe for humans to breath, just as nitrogen in earth's air is

We could also assume that hydrogen is produced by native plants, making this eco-friendly

Last edited:

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
yes, maybe the oleite and rohdite is just ingredients in it's retrival! and the hydrogen would be completely safe for humans to breath, just as nitrogen in earth's air is

We could also assume that hydrogen is produced by native plants, making this eco-friendly
Humans may still need some help breathing due to the high concentration of hydrogen that it would take to recharge the fuel tanks as fast as do. On the other hand maybe humans have evolved as they made their way through space and everything works out ;).

Have a good one [8D)

Soviet_Samuelson

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Humans may still need some help breathing due to the high concentration of hydrogen that it would take to recharge the fuel tanks as fast as do. On the other hand maybe humans have evolved as they made their way through space and everything works out ;).

Have a good one [8D)
humans wouldn´t have to evolve to breath it, its a lv.1 chemical asphixiant, just as nitrogen is, which is in earths atmosphere

Kellven

Clearly, the fuel tanks use advanced quantum vacuum virtual particle generation yielding virtual particle/antiparticle pairs, which are then subjected to an Hoffspring field effect to keep them separated, everyone knows that. As for how it's powered, as a cartoon Xena once explained, a wizard did it.

Soviet_Samuelson

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Clearly, the fuel tanks use advanced quantum vacuum virtual particle generation yielding virtual particle/antiparticle pairs, which are then subjected to an Hoffspring field effect to keep them separated, everyone knows that. As for how it's powered, as a cartoon Xena once explained, a wizard did it.
Pack up boys, we got a new headcannon

Kellven

Up next, guest host Gunther Hermann answers the question weighing on everyone's mind.
Headcannon or Skull Gun, which Aug to get that special someone this holiday season.

And stay tuned after the break, for "Orange or Lemon-Lime, does it even matter anymore?".
Hermann and Navarre take your calls as they explore the place of conspiracy in the post-truth world.