The Water Mod

You can extract TTMM2 wherever reasonable: Documents, downloads, desktop, etc. When running the executable, give it the location of your TerraTech folder (the folder that holds the executable and _Data folder)
thank you. im gonna grab a real valid copy this week so i might try the mod once i get a legit copy of the game. thanks!

Mindl3ss

Mindless Dominion Fleet Admiral
SV 'Daegon's Wrath', Aquia Harbour Virginia
Website
th3kaijuwars.freeforums.net
well i intend to buy the game but i tried the pirate copy first. and the game is worth buying. thanks for the advice. i might grab a legit copy this week. thank you!
Yeah, so does half the internet occasionally. doesnt mean you should go on the forums and voice that you pirated it in a place where the company staff can see it... seriously. i do not mean to insult, but that just isnt very smart. if you pirate a game, you're on your own. good luck. Dont come and ask the community that paid for the game or the developers you stole it from for help.

Anyways, Pirate aside, Water Mod conversation please. this guys been chewed out enough. he knows hes wrong and even stated his intentions to purchase the game legitimately. Thats a good outcome in my opinion. this does not need to devolve further. Back to topic.

I'v got a couple of thoughts as iv been playing with the mod more and more.
One thing that really bothers me is that the tech doesnt exactly float, it more rides the plane of the water's surface. this means that a watertight construction will still be displayed filled with water. to this effect, Displacement is not a thing. Im not sure that displacement is actually feasible with unity, but i would think it would be a simple matter to just not render the water within the confines of a rigid tech hit box. (I am not a coder, so i could very well be wrong here.)

Additionally, would it be possible to apply varible passive attrition damage to all parts rendered? This might better be presented in the form of it's own mod, but like the weather mod, it definitely ties into the water mod. Using this variable attrition setting you could institute attrition from high pressures (Deep water) or low pressures (High Altitude), intense ambient heat (Volcaino or Lava Biome), Electrical storms (Possible addition to alien biome or some new biome like Geode or Storm Plateaus), or chemical hazards like corrosive rain or water effects. An interesting tie in to the water mod could be a depth sensitive spectrum of high pressure damage. But in it's simple version it could just be an auto DPS slider to everything rendered, that way us mod players could manually set the attrition. could be interesting to play around with.

and further tie ins with the water mod will already be present. while diving, your sheilds and repair bubbles become very important to withstand the pressure DPS kind of like a Hull integrity feild, no further modding needed. we could also faximilate very high altitude and the vacuum of space more realistically.

not just food for thought. i'd really like this to happen. if i could code, id be doing that now. but to each their own. if there is anything i can do to make this happen please, let me know.

that was v
Yeah, so does half the internet occasionally. doesnt mean you should go on the forums and voice that you pirated it in a place where the company staff can see it... seriously. i do not mean to insult, but that just isnt very smart. if you pirate a game, you're on your own. good luck. Dont come and ask the community that paid for the game or the developers you stole it from for help.

Anyways, Pirate aside, Water Mod conversation please. this guys been chewed out enough. he knows hes wrong and even stated his intentions to purchase the game legitimately. Thats a good outcome in my opinion. this does not need to devolve further. Back to topic.

I'v got a couple of thoughts as iv been playing with the mod more and more.
One thing that really bothers me is that the tech doesnt exactly float, it more rides the plane of the water's surface. this means that a watertight construction will still be displayed filled with water. to this effect, Displacement is not a thing. Im not sure that displacement is actually feasible with unity, but i would think it would be a simple matter to just not render the water within the confines of a rigid tech hit box. (I am not a coder, so i could very well be wrong here.)

Additionally, would it be possible to apply varible passive attrition damage to all parts rendered? This might better be presented in the form of it's own mod, but like the weather mod, it definitely ties into the water mod. Using this variable attrition setting you could institute attrition from high pressures (Deep water) or low pressures (High Altitude), intense ambient heat (Volcaino or Lava Biome), Electrical storms (Possible addition to alien biome or some new biome like Geode or Storm Plateaus), or chemical hazards like corrosive rain or water effects. An interesting tie in to the water mod could be a depth sensitive spectrum of high pressure damage. But in it's simple version it could just be an auto DPS slider to everything rendered, that way us mod players could manually set the attrition. could be interesting to play around with.

and further tie ins with the water mod will already be present. while diving, your sheilds and repair bubbles become very important to withstand the pressure DPS kind of like a Hull integrity feild, no further modding needed. we could also faximilate very high altitude and the vacuum of space more realistically.

not just food for thought. i'd really like this to happen. if i could code, id be doing that now. but to each their own. if there is anything i can do to make this happen please, let me know.
that was very informative. thank you so much. im so excited to get my legit copy of the games so i might try other stuff out. cheers!

Mindl3ss

Website
Hey, @WhitePaw2002, as I'm cruising around (in any game mode), I keep glancing off the water randomly every few minutes. It's like I'm hitting a solid object and it wails me out of the water (usually strait up). This has happened to me while submerged as well, though less frequently. The tech I was using was my new Hydra Conservation Cruiser. (Available in the SkunkworX thread).

It's weird, but it almost seems like trace programming for waves. There are no waves visible, but I'm a fisherman, and it sure feels like what happens when you take a wave head on, rather than at a 45. I'm not sure if I stumbled on an upcoming feature, or if I found a bug... So yeah, that.

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
It's like I'm hitting a solid object and it wails me out of the water
that's the world treadmilling again. Same problem with pistons extending or contracting while treadmilling. I disabled pistons and swivels from moving at all while treadmilling to fix it, but did not do the same for the water mod yet.

Mindl3ss

Website
is that why some of my swivels wont activate while my thrust is on? i'd rather have the treadmilling issues. you cant very geometry in flight if you have to cut your engines to do it. also, disabled? if so it's really inconsistant. only certain swivels dont work while moving. pistons still work just fine. and most of my swivels still work while moving. actually it's only the bow plane controls (Num1 and Num3) shut off while i'm moving in the Hydra. (.png is in the SkunkworX) everything else seems to function fine at all times. i mean aside from the ocassional glitch, but these are mods, and ones that push the game engine at that.

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
is that why some of my swivels wont activate while my thrust is on?
That is most likely keyboard limitations (hardware; keyboard ghosting). Otherwise, check if the swivels say they are restricted by rightclicking them.
i'd rather have the treadmilling issues.
You do recall that your techs will randomly disappear when a frame passes while both treadmilling and a blockmover is active, yes?

I'm taking a break from modding for the rest of the year. I may have burned myself out...

Last edited:

harpo99999

ah kick till it starts
[QUOTE="WhitePaw2002, post: 127454, member: 5917"

I'm taking a break from modding for the rest of the year. I may have burned myself out...[/QUOTE]
enjoy your 'break', and get some good food and company (possibly with family), but most important, ENJOY the time

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
I'm taking a break from modding for the rest of the year. I may have burned myself out...
enjoy your 'break', and get some good food and company (possibly with family), but most important, ENJOY the time
You forgot the ] after 5917", as I have demonstrated by fixing it in this quote.