The Unofficial Snowmobile Building Challenge

TheGamingEnder

Founded ZTech and BlackWing
well, I had a fun weekend using a snowmobile, and remembered a hovering snowmobile is on the workshop. so I decided to create a challenge where people must make realistic snowmobiles!
Rules:
No mods(mods break my game)
No hover plates(I don't want a flying snowmobile)
All corporations are allowed
If you use wheels for propulsion, make them look like tracks on the rear of the snowmobile(or sled, as some call them), and/or runners on the front
Hover steering is allowed
and that's all for the rules SO FAR, and if I find more things to become rules, I will do so.
I will judge them on looks, functionality, and handling
the awards are:
1st place: you can get a series made in your honor for TerraTech, plus the awards from 2nd and 3rd place
2nd place: you can join me on a special server for the first TerraTech Video, plus the 3rd place award
3rd place: a shout out in my first TerraTech Video

THE DEADLINE IS MARCH 20TH
Note: I will be testing them in the ice biome, as that i the proper area for snowmobiles

Leaderboard:
1st: Saelem Black's Broadhead: good handling, amazing design, but it does have some struggle with going up the icy hills and grip
2nd: Aardvark123's GEO-Heavy-Snowmobile: good handling, the wheels used for the tracks looked amazing, the body itself was really well done, but it does drift a ton at slow speeds
3rd: Ryanfrogz's Sandmobile: extremely realistic, even though you called it a sandmobile it was amazing on ice, the hover steer assist was great, but like you said, the detailing on the bottom does drag a ton.
4th: Kevin Vanderhoef's snowmobile test: amazing handling, very realistic, you have to try hard to get it to slide, but I get the sense that it can tip at any moment, especially with the boosters on, so it amazes me how it stays upright
5th: nothing at the moment, make a submission and it might be here!

Last edited:

Kevin Vanderhoef

Eldritch Horror, and Ship's Cat.
OK, let me dig...
9tlsnwmoble.png
The single track makes it both too Tall, and too Short for a proper anchor placement. so, you will need a charging station.
Once moving this is surprisingly steerable. you get up to 50 before you tap the Jets.
Add your favorite light weight weapons if you want.

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
I'll bite.

Broadhead.png

This is the Broadhead, it's a light duty combat tech and scout. Travels at a 120+ mph with boosters and has enough fuel tanks to keep that going for a while. It's got an array of missiles and an autocannon, so it can take on most campaign techs (though probably not suited for some tougher missions). It carries 8 hawkeye batteries (28,000 energy) for defense. Comes with fuel, energy, and speed meters as well as a radar.

TheGamingEnder

well guys, I like the looks of these so far, and I would like to say that there is another type of snowmobiles. because the first one was actually a ford with runners on the front and tracks in the back, I will allow converted car conversions. (I got this information from a book called the inventive yankee)

TheGamingEnder

okay, I am now closing submissions, and if you made it into the podium I'll contact you via steam, discord, or the forums. to be honest I did not realize how well-known members here in TT would come in to submit. although I would definitely surrender the podiums to them, I am judging everything equally, as it would be fair.

TheGamingEnder

sorry for the late reply, but the final three are(I'll send the discord messages soon):
1st: Saelem Black's Broadhead. I was so amazed by it's performance and how stable it is it was a tough opponent to beat, and after the final test, it still was on top.
2nd: Aardvark's GEO-Heavy Snowmobile: when it had second in it's grasp, it did not let go of it. it was actually really close to being in first, but it felt slightly more unstable than broadhead, making it remain in second.
3rd: Ryanfrogz sandmobile: although flan's skeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee was almost there, the design and handling of this was amazing, and although it's opponents were either better in one area, or tougher, their flaws were too much for me. good job!

lucavm203

GG for they winners. This was a fun challenge. This was my first challenge and it won't be they last. So if I ever see another onoffical challenge you can count me in. TheGamingEnder this challenge was good thought of you. I would never thought a snowmobile in TerraTech. I will watch they youtube video. So until that thank you for this challenge. Hope I find you on youtube.