The Ultimate Water Thread

Comrade Commie

I think we would also need new melee weapons for a new water faction. Maybe some ramming blocks or something so ships could ram each other.
Maybe some special armor too, designed to hold techs together and make them less susceptible to ramming. Would also suggest just blocks that ram harder but aren't necessarily weapons.

Epic afdc

I am possibly the only person that plays tt that doesn’t want water, I think it’ll be kinda annoying trying to navigate around large bodies of water and the strain it will (probably)put on lower end PCs.

Lyons

Guess who's back. Back again
I don't know if this has been suggested but if/when you add water there should be a place in R&D for it. A pretty large place too.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hi Everyone!

Apologies for the lack of response on this thread. Things have been a bit hectic the past month or two so I haven't been able to give this 100% of my attention.

So anyway, here we go...

We've read through every piece of feedback and suggestion that has been posted here. We've discussed it all within the team and come to the conclusion that there are a lot of nuances to what water would and could be in TerraTech.

From buoyancy to weather, there are a lot of ways we could go with it. This poses a problem for us as there are too many ways we could go and to do it any justice would require a lot of dev time. That wouldn't be a problem if we felt that the payoff was worth the investment, however, at the moment we've got other areas of the game we want to focus on. Co-op Creative and Co-op Campaign being the big ticket items.

So with this in mind, we aren't going to actively work on water in TerraTech any time soon. This may sound harsh and will definitely come as a disappointment to a lot of you, however, I want to be open and honest with you all and not skirt around the issue.

I would urge you, if you haven't already, to play similar games to TerraTech that have water elements to them. The most obvious would be Minecraft, but have a look at From the Depths and The Last Leviathan. How do they use water to enhance the game? Could that be applied to TerraTech?

I'll un-sticky this thread but feel free to continue the discussion.

Sokolov

Please. Only give us SMALL content updates and OPTIMIZE FRAMERATE AND GRAPHICS (my game stutters on exact 3 second intervals, wierd).
Yup, fixes, tweaks,optimization and introductions of all EXP blocks into the main game feel much more important right now - yet I would not refuse from getting really major updates.

Lyons

Guess who's back. Back again
Hi Everyone!

Apologies for the lack of response on this thread. Things have been a bit hectic the past month or two so I haven't been able to give this 100% of my attention.

So anyway, here we go...

We've read through every piece of feedback and suggestion that has been posted here. We've discussed it all within the team and come to the conclusion that there are a lot of nuances to what water would and could be in TerraTech.

From buoyancy to weather, there are a lot of ways we could go with it. This poses a problem for us as there are too many ways we could go and to do it any justice would require a lot of dev time. That wouldn't be a problem if we felt that the payoff was worth the investment, however, at the moment we've got other areas of the game we want to focus on. Co-op Creative and Co-op Campaign being the big ticket items.

So with this in mind, we aren't going to actively work on water in TerraTech any time soon. This may sound harsh and will definitely come as a disappointment to a lot of you, however, I want to be open and honest with you all and not skirt around the issue.

I would urge you, if you haven't already, to play similar games to TerraTech that have water elements to them. The most obvious would be Minecraft, but have a look at From the Depths and The Last Leviathan. How do they use water to enhance the game? Could that be applied to TerraTech?

I'll un-sticky this thread but feel free to continue the discussion.
I thought water would be an awesome addition but I don't think terratech is ready for it yet.