The Ultimate Water Thread

Random Spaceship

Aussie Booklord
adding on to my post, I think the theme should be a color no other corp has. venture has racing (rwb) colors, gso is grey and white, hawkeye is black, geocorp is yellow, and better future is mainly white. i propose blue.
Blue would also be good because, y'know, water. It tends to be blue in large quantities.

adding on to my post, I think the theme should be a color no other corp has. venture has racing (rwb) colors, gso is grey and white, hawkeye is black, geocorp is yellow, and better future is mainly white. i propose blue.
Oh, sounds nice, I can imagine some dark blue blocks even with a red stripe like the GSO's blocks has. And maybe some white blocks for some pieces.

But what about pirate-ships-themed blocks too? Wooden stuff, vintage weaponary, etc...wait, its a space themed game...oh I know, steampunk!

Last edited:

Fehn

Artificial and Intelligent
The difference being insignificant, my question still stands.

What do you mean by 'triangle patterned blocks'?

I had a another crazy idea to add into water Techs, a device that turns any remote chargers to volt arc weapons, which could be a bit stronger if used underwater.

Mindlessmrawesome

Theoretically... This Moon (Yes we are probably on a moon) probably once had liquid water on it's surface. It still has Steam vents, so im guessing much of this planet's water was subverted as part of some extreme environmental disaster. Possibly explaining the lack of animal life as well. (Mass extinction) OR... All of those obelisks left behind may evidence that we arent the first prospectors to turn a penny out of this moon, and to them Water was the prime export.

Until Payload enriches their lore, we'll never know.
wait TT isn't on a moon, it's a planet with a very dense atmosphere in a quad-orbit with 3 other planets. That's why terminal velocity is so low. That's why wings will catch lift at such low speeds. That's why propellers work at such low revolutions. That's why everyone is in pressurized cabs so that they don't get crushed by the air above them. That's why you can only see so far and why radars can only detect short ranges. (it even explains render distance). If we were on a moon we'd be on a pretty darn big one because the gravity is similar to that of mars. It is definitely lower than earth's, but not to the scale of a moon-sized object.

Sozin

Dog Emperor
Wishlist:

-All wreckage (non-techs) sinks to the bottom to avoid unnecessary lag from constant buoyancy calculations (eventually they sink to the seabed and that’s it)

-Toggle-able waves graphic for ocean surface depending on computer potato level

- A dedicated ocean biome with a deep seabed (small lakes are meh, but acceptable in addition to this). Can make all wreckage, or even techs just disappear once below a certain depth for reasons. Also save performance by deleting them.

- Ocean biome shouldn’t do silly stuff like spawn trees. Maybe spawn resources on sea floor, but then sea floor should be really low. Operating on open ocean should be very expensive. If not in resources, then in time. All new blocks have to come from inventory, or flown in.

- Auto-looting system for defeated enemies that insta-grants you some/all of the surviving blocks at the end. Let the non-collected blocks sink into oblivion and be deleted to avoid creating the great Terratechian Garbage Patch

- Can “anchor” techs on the ocean surface (without snapping to seabed) cuz anchor punnage

- Dedicated set of enemies (don’t want super heavy stuff to just spawn then sink to oblivion) for the ocean biome (and other biomes too: giant stuff getting stuck in the mountains/desert is bad). If you release the biome I will make a set for you if I have to.

- Actual naval artillery. Like actual triple/double barreled naval turrets. The GSO cannons turn far too slowly to be of any use. Minimum rotation speed should be HE shotgun level. (Easiest multitech to make)

- Working flak. Please. Can’t have ship replicas without flak that actually points the right way.

- Torpedoes and Depth Charges (For the submariner in all of us)

Mindlessmrawesome

wait TT isn't on a moon, it's a planet with a very dense atmosphere in a quad-orbit with 3 other planets. That's why terminal velocity is so low. That's why wings will catch lift at such low speeds. That's why propellers work at such low revolutions. That's why everyone is in pressurized cabs so that they don't get crushed by the air above them. That's why you can only see so far and why radars can only detect short ranges. (it even explains render distance). If we were on a moon we'd be on a pretty darn big one because the gravity is similar to that of mars. It is definitely lower than earth's, but not to the scale of a moon-sized object.
oh it's also why techs can only get up to certain speeds and then their speed levels off.

Mindlessmrawesome

Wishlist:

-All wreckage (non-techs) sinks to the bottom to avoid unnecessary lag from constant buoyancy calculations (eventually they sink to the seabed and that’s it)

-Toggle-able waves graphic for ocean surface depending on computer potato level

- A dedicated ocean biome with a deep seabed (small lakes are meh, but acceptable in addition to this). Can make all wreckage, or even techs just disappear once below a certain depth for reasons. Also save performance by deleting them.

- Ocean biome shouldn’t do silly stuff like spawn trees. Maybe spawn resources on sea floor, but then sea floor should be really low. Operating on open ocean should be very expensive. If not in resources, then in time. All new blocks have to come from inventory, or flown in.

- Auto-looting system for defeated enemies that insta-grants you some/all of the surviving blocks at the end. Let the non-collected blocks sink into oblivion and be deleted to avoid creating the great Terratechian Garbage Patch

- Can “anchor” techs on the ocean surface (without snapping to seabed) cuz anchor punnage

- Dedicated set of enemies (don’t want super heavy stuff to just spawn then sink to oblivion) for the ocean biome (and other biomes too: giant stuff getting stuck in the mountains/desert is bad). If you release the biome I will make a set for you if I have to.

- Actual naval artillery. Like actual triple/double barreled naval turrets. The GSO cannons turn far too slowly to be of any use. Minimum rotation speed should be HE shotgun level. (Easiest multitech to make)

- Working flak. Please. Can’t have ship replicas without flak that actually points the right way.

- Torpedoes and Depth Charges (For the submariner in all of us)
I like it for the most part, but maybe a few changes:

If there are resources on the ocean floor, nobody is going to go for them because you'd need to make a submarine in order to get them. How about a new gem resource that sells for a lot that is only accessible on the ocean floor? It wouldn't be used in any crafting recipes, and it wouldn't have a resource seam under it. It'd be like the luxian crystal except each resource sells for 8K BB when refined. That would give players incentive to go deep sea diving in their submarine.

Instead of having blocks fall to the ocean floor and deleted, why not have them still have buoyancy calculations but when their buoyancy calculations begin to clog up the CPU then give them a higher weight for being despawned? That will save us all a lot of blocks. Of course if a block is heavy enough to sink to the bottom of the ocean, maybe have it despawn down there. I have a different idea for that though; once the loose blocks touch the ocean floor, have the game anchor them to the floor in whatever rotation they touched it so that they don't have physics calculations anymore. They only unanchor when something collides with them or they come in range of a magnet or SCU, or a player picks them up. Basically they'll stick to the ocean floor and not lag anymore until some scavenger comes along to pick them up, kinda like how anchored techs don't lag as much as unanchored techs.

Depth charges will be fun... once submarines are added. If they don't add submarines, they won't add depth charges. That means a whole new AI type will have to be made.

a new tech for the water... so this tech will have special blocks that can float on water but any other blocks will not so if you put a block from a different tech onta the floating block then it will float...but the bigger the block is the more floating blocks you will need.

also the tech for the water biome can have two different features for moving, like normal boat with propellers and submarines to go under the water and fight water techs... such as boat techs and sub techs.