The Ultimate Suggestions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Friendly Tech

Allow components to pass through refineries. Also allow unrefined chunks that are being called as-is to pass through unchanged. Basically let the system treat refineries as conveyors that can also refine. This would let you place them inline instead of attached to the side of a conveyor line and everything would pass through in the same order and nothing would get stuck on the refinery's output port waiting for a gap to get back on the conveyor.

If implemented, change Crafty Mike's missions to reflect the new behavior.

Edit: I meant to add that unrefined chunks that aren't being called by a fabricator or component factory would still be refined as they currently are.

A Friendly Tech

When a player clicks "Craft" in a fabricator, before starting the crafting operation, call the code that runs when a fabricator is placed. That should eliminate the "too many resources being called" fabricator bug.

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Customizable Controls:
  • This has been an old suggestion - the ability to keybind specific blocks to your keyboard. This will make for very creative Techs. I personally want this because I don't want to use Multi-Techs just to do a specific command.
End-Game content:
  • This is more for the game in general because most players feel that the game gets boring once you have everything maxed out. There should be some sort of end-game content to keep us playing. I'm not sure if adding more missions would work, or more mission types. Perhaps random events? I dunno.
Force Block / Air block:
  • Another old suggestion. Formalize the hover bug with this block. Some players don't want to use bugs in fear of the bug being finally fixed and their floating Techs grounded. I myself don't like using the hover bug, but it's the only mechanic we have that does what it does.
AI "Attack Only" Behavior:
  • AI set with this behavior will only attack. It will not move, will not use the build beam and will not stop attacking until its target dies, is out of range or if the AI block itself is destroyed. I thought of Multi-Tech turrets for this but it can have other applications.
Larger batteries:
  • GeoCorp has a "Small" battery. Where's the Large one? Can we have a 4x4x4 battery then?

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
That would take a long time lets you had pre built segments
It would take a very long time, but I think it would be worth it just for the piece of mind it should offer. You would know everything is nicely lined up and will work as intended. When I made my road it was the transitions between techs that caused the road to be unreliable when laggy.
One piece might fix that.
Have a good one [8D)

Zorgomol

Not a Number
Add a way to turn off the delivery cannons in trading stations. I've had them yoink chunks/components I was carrying and had plans for many times.
If you carry resources in a silo they should be safe. Stations only yoink stuff from resource collectors. There's just a tiny bit more hassle getting them out.

Baconus_Yum

Administrator
This is a small QOL improvement with a block grade relocation:

Sort the corp block menus so that they look organized. With that, move the Cab/Small GSO Armour to Grade 3, the GSO Half Block and Corner Block to Grade 3, and the Medium Armour to Grade 4.

Many techs that get to grade 4 already have much better armour available to them, so why not move them to grade 3 where they are more used. Also with the way the menu is organized, they seem to be Grade 3, but with the way the block menu is organized, it just looks messy.

For other ideas in organization, put the Hawkeye and GeoCorp SCUs before the resource blocks, put the Hawkeye Fort Armour not in the middle of the brackets for Grade 1, and put the caterpillar tracks right next to each other.

Baconus_Yum

Administrator
Super small improvement: Allow people to change how long they want to take to put a tech back into storage (Default will stay as it is, but it can go from 0 to 5 seconds), or maybe make it so if you hold a key while selecting for the tech to go back into storage, it nullifies the countdown requirement.

Baconus_Yum

Administrator
Add back bosses to TT

In older versions of TT, there was a grade 2 and 3 boss (harvester boss and drone boss), but all we really have in terms of bosses is arguably the trader troll and Big Tony. Maybe we could add back boss battles to level up your corp licences. Instead of just kinda getting them randomly, you have a choice on when you would want to upgrade, and you actually feel like you do something unlocking the next level.

Baconus_Yum

Administrator

Galrex

Possibilist
Add back bosses to TT

In older versions of TT, there was a grade 2 and 3 boss (harvester boss and drone boss), but all we really have in terms of bosses is arguably the trader troll and Big Tony. Maybe we could add back boss battles to level up your corp licences. Instead of just kinda getting them randomly, you have a choice on when you would want to upgrade, and you actually feel like you do something unlocking the next level.
I have something to add to this. Add new steam achievements for these defeating the Bosses in TT (Campaign only). Moreover, Can the bosses have a short conversation once the player get near to the Boss like [ Well, hello there little prospector. Oh, look Kiddo you're messing up with the wrong guy here. This is my territory and now you must go! Shoo shoo...]. There should be a text panel showing this on the bottom as usual gameplay and skippable with a "next" icon. Player should not be able to move before the "speech" ends. After that, the fight begins. Well it looks kinda RP style but why not. ;)

Terratech needs lore. I know this isn't a story driven game, but this game has so much potential to make a good story that is just wasted. We have no story besides the "Earth has no resources" and corp descriptions. It would be nice to actually know events leading up to now, and what is happening back on earth. Maybe even bring back some of the old character ideas made around when the SCU was being developed.

(also I just realised I just posted 8 times in a row)
+1. Yes pls consider this one.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
put the Hawkeye and GeoCorp SCUs before the resource blocks
If we're talking inventory re-ordering - there was some a while back, that helped, but yeah, still some room for improvement.

Personally I think the SCUs should be in "accessories" (which has few items, so easier to find) while collectors should be in "crafting" (especially as half of them directly interface with conveyors, etc).

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Add difficulty settings or slider for Campaign mode.
I find the concept of arbitrarily scaleable game difficulty extremely demotivating (and the devs have said this is a no go many times)... But some kind of 'game plus' mode, with a fixed difficulty increase would be cool. (Not interfering in any way with the base campaign for new players.)

Status
Not open for further replies.