The Ultimate Suggestions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karel Slabý

Dynamo Battery - Basically a battery that recharges itself when the wheels or propellers of the connected tech spins. Its OPness can be reduced by adjusting its recharging time or the amount of power it generates. This sounds like an RR or BF thing for me.
FIX THE DYNAMO GENERATOR! Sorry but that thing really deserves caps, it's been in the game non-functional for at least a year now :D.

Zorgomol

Not a Number
Magnetic Conveyor
Just like conveyors, only they move blocks (just like magnets) instead of resources. Only one block per conveyor element, of course. Weight limits, too, same as GSO mini magnet. Can be used to feed a scrapper.

Contact SCU plate
This is the shortest-range SCU ever. It only sucks in blocks that come to direct contact with it. Perfect for catching repeat-crafted resource blocks. and the like.

Also make scrapper suction force more consistent. Now it gently tugs blocks about and then suddenly seizes them in a single frame, sometimes sending all nearby techs doing unwanted somersaults and breaking off or disintegrating their extrema.

And while we're at it, unify scrapper snatchure ranges. Right now, IMO, GEO scrapper range is a little too long and all others are too short. Halfway would be probably a good compromise.

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
the fact is that tech spawning isnt as presice as you would probably like it to be, for building roads without gaps
I know, but that is why I suggested an unlimited build size for anchored techs so there would be no need for aligning anything. Roads would be built all in one massive tech no matter the size.
Have a good one [8D)

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
I know, but that is why I suggested an unlimited build size for anchored techs so there would be no need for aligning anything. Roads would be built all in one massive tech no matter the size.
Have a good one [8D)
That would take a long time lets you had pre built segments

Karel Slabý

I think they mentioned destructible terrain being on the long term roadmap, which might be the ultimate solution for roads as well. Just using blocks you would end up building high bridges anyway since trying to copy terrain would be insanely annoying :)

A Friendly Tech

Add a per-save option to turn off invasions or tone down the blocks they use. It kind of screws up the progression and pacing of the game when not-all-that-hard-to-kill techs are dropping blocks from 2 license levels above yours.

At first, it might seem like a nice bonus "better weapons!", but then the normal techs you're running into are larger and give more XP and progression goes into turbo speed.

My current game, I'm at level 2 GSO, level 1 GeoCorp, no other licenses and I have 13 Venture hail fire rifles and a megaton cannon. At this point in the game last playthrough, I had over 20 hail fires and 2 megatons. Seems excessive.

Edit: Oops. I meant level 3 GSO.

DrShadox

GeoCorp worker
from "Nirahiel" :

I'd like to see some sort of expansion on the industry, first of all two new blocks, an air drop receiver, and a suborbital resource cannon. The cannon would look like that cannon used to sell things, but instead of selling them, those resources would go on a suborbital flight and land on a receiver, maybe at the other side of the map. (Also a way to pair them together). Then, since in the "lore" of the game those cannons are used to send resources to space where a relay satellite in orbit picks them up and sends them to others planets where they are needed, why not do the opposite, a block that's used to ORDER raw resources, it would be more expensive obviously, but could be really useful for those very rare resources that you need. (Or if you're temporarily out of something and don't want to go on a trip just to get 2 ores). Next is a priority conveyor belt, say you have a straight line of conveyors with one of these in the middle, and an extra line feeding into it, the resources going straight would have priority to those coming from the side (or the opposite, configurable).

Next block is a sink collector. Basically if you have a tech with several collectors all loaded with items, and a sink collector, any item on any collector go to that sink if it's not full.

Next block is a hologram builder and dispenser, here's how it works. Build your tech, place this block somewhere, and any block that's then connected to this block, or to any block connected to those, become part of a blueprint. (Like when you use an explosive bolt), now a hotkey let you release the part that's connected to the holodispenser, as if you just exploded the bolt, but the dispenser stays in place, and a hologram now replaces the part that's been separated, and if you have enough pieces in storage to fully replace the lost part, then those pieces are used to fill in the hologram, letting you drop again.

Next block would be an auto-anchor, if there is a tech falling down, and there is an anchor at the bottom (or any side if the tech is not right side up), the tech with be automatically anchored to the ground when it touches down. Finally, expanding on the idea of the holodispenser, a block that you put on your tech, as a sort of central block, and you can give it a blueprint of a tech (save your tech, then feed that to that block), now if you're missing parts, they can be auto replaced, eventually requiring the user to pass through some sort of building bubble generated by an anchored only block. (As to not automatically replace these parts on the fly whenever you get damaged).

When deploying a tech from storage, instead of a bubble, display a hologram of the tech to be deployed
(all credit to "Nirahiel")

Last edited:

A Friendly Tech

When shield projectors are physically touching, combine their bubbles into one larger bubble centered on the averaged projector positions.

To calculate the new bubble's radius:
  • For each projector, calculate the area of a circle with that radius.
  • Add the areas together.
  • Calculate the radius of a circle with the combined area.
So for two equal-sized projectors with a radius of 10, the new bubble radius would 14. Add a third and it's 17, etc. I used area of a circle instead of volume of a sphere because the radius gains for sphere volumes wouldn't be worth it.

Do the same thing with repair bubbles.

Why do I want something like this with diminishing returns? Because I often need a sphere that's just a bit bigger and I don't want my tech to look like a giant glowing multi-celled organism is eating it. Or I can't physically put the projector in a location where it covers what I want it to cover (I'm looking at you, GSO shield projectors and Venture monster truck wheels).

Galrex

Possibilist
When shield projectors are physically touching, combine their bubbles into one larger bubble centered on the averaged projector positions.
+1. Your suggestion sounds close enough to what I've previously posted.
A smart shield bubble that changes its shape to fit the tech's body, like wearing a tight suit instead of using the current spherical design. Other issues and ideas are further discussed in a thread previously suggested by @NovaLegion

A Friendly Tech

I
+1. Your suggestion sounds close enough to what I've previously posted.
I actually like yours better as a player, but as a programmer, I wouldn't want to be the one to come up with the algorithm to do it. :p Mine could be mostly pre-calculated and all that would have to happen each frame is ProjectSphere(X, Y, Z, Radius); (I'm guessing they already have a function like that. I would.)

Status
Not open for further replies.