The Ultimate Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Matt, Oct 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt

Matt PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Hey Everyone!

Now TerraTech is released and things have started to settle down I thought it'd be a good idea to gather the most wanted features/items that our community want to see in TerraTech!

So how is this going to work? Use this post to add your ideas/suggestions/feedback then 'like' the replies that you'd most like to see. I'll keep this thread open for 2 weeks then it will be locked (24/10/18).

After this we'll then take the best suggestions and create a poll where you can all vote on which one you'd like to see added.

Now, there are some caveats to this so please read this next part carefully!

Firstly, I'm going to exclude Co-op Campaign as I can already tell this will be one of, if not, the most popular suggestion.

Next, the ideas we select to go through to a poll will be picked based on their viability as well as popularity. That means we want to make sure we're actually able to do the the things that are suggested.

Lastly, and I cannot stress this enough, just because an idea has been taken through to a vote doesn't mean it will definitely be put into the game. We're still pretty backed up with stuff to do so the main purpose of this exercise is to see what you guys want and having some weight behind these suggestions is the best way to get them added.

#1 Matt, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  2. HyperXNova20

HyperXNova20 Well-Known Member

well can I suggest that you should probably do the whole boosters have separate key thing sooner then later .Second. An ability to activate up facing rotors and down facing rotors individually (currently if you press shift both upfacing ones and downfacing ones turn on). and third. once the map is added to the game I want to be able to tell my ais to patrol a specific area or at the very least tell them to go to a different area. if not that then the ability to switch to different techs from miles miles away. I feel like the first 2 suggestions can be done in like about a week if you guys focus on them exclusively and those 2 things would allow for plenty of brand new grand techs that just werent possible before

3. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

A.I. Tournaments, Skirmishes and maybe a Scenario mode!:D - With AI work on the roadmap already, I'd really love to see that feed into something like this, if/when it comes to fruition. Much more general than Sumo, which has a pretty high wall to get into and is very limited.

A way to directly test who's tech is more capable, under fair conditions. Possibly leading into a way for community members to set up challenge scenarios for other players to pitch their own designs against, with a limited block inventory. Potentially even a dev created (or curated) progression of challenges, like a different type of 'campaign', where you'd start off small, with a very limited block pallet, and work up to bigger things.

Hope it's OK that this is an existing suggestion. Making it was part of why I hung around the forums in the first place. I really wanted to see more reasons to make practical, small to modest sized techs (when in campaign, bigger is pretty much always superior in combat). So I'm still very keen for it to happen some day.:D (I'm guessing you'd prefer to avoid talk of bug fixes, by the way?)

#3 ZeroGravitas, Oct 10, 2018
  4. WhitePaw2002

WhitePaw2002 Modding Husky

FPV BLOCKS
    upload_2018-10-10_8-21-55.png
    [​IMG]
    upload_2018-10-10_8-30-15.png
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Basically add blocks to view the game through. Look around in them, swap between them, etc.
    First person view blocks

(The mod for it can be found in the newest TTMM)

5. Galrex

Galrex Possibilist

I think there's no limit of suggestions per person but I'm just gonna post TWO only.

1. What? An in-game snapshot search bar located in the tech loading menu (both the left and bottom-left screen load tech button).

How? Type in the name of player tech in the search bar then the desired snapshot immeditately pops up to the top of the family of snapshots.

Why? This can be a life saver. It is sometimes really a pain to load that one snapshot you want when having 200+ snapshots in the folder.

Pros: Saves time in tech loading. Cons: no cons

2. A proper in-game delete snapshot button. (as suggested from someone long time ago)

6. zanzistar

zanzistar PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Look out for variant control schemes for different vehicle types soon. They should deal with some of your points.

7. Matt

Matt PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Can we have one suggestion per reply please? It'll make it easier for us to discern between each point.

Thanks!

8. zanzistar

zanzistar PAYLOAD STUDIOS

An overhaul of the Tech Loader menu is currently being worked on :)

9. Soviet_Samuelson

Soviet_Samuelson Getting a permit to life in a jolly box

cant wait to use it! i havent played terratech lately until just yesterday. Could you enlighten me on how to obtain injected blocks

Sokolov likes this.
  10. Soviet_Samuelson

pivot blocks that lock the motion of other techs to around connected pivot(s) whitepaw made this mod before, and i think it would be easy enough to just use hiis script

Masakari likes this.
  11. Soviet_Samuelson

Tewer defence mode- you get to place, upgrade (manually or by a sequence of upgrades) and fight with installable turret techs.

Sokolov and ZeroGravitas like this.
  12. WhitePaw2002

Hover fix:
    - Specific layers for each hover type
    - Hover dampening varying for each hover type (also a mod in TTMM, very good I recommend)

13. WhitePaw2002

wanter

#13 WhitePaw2002, Oct 10, 2018
  14. Karel Slabý

Karel Slabý Active Member

Storing resource chunks in SCU/similar, with numerical values in the HUD.
    And either use the same block or a different one to provide the resources back to whatever needs them (so basically a silo with unlimited inventory and no rendered chunks).
    -> Less lag and better resource management in late game. Handling physical resources is fun at the beginning but becomes a hassle later, and is the reason why I avoid crafting.

#14 Karel Slabý, Oct 10, 2018
  15. nuns999

nuns999 New Member

Heres a question for you whats the point in Having parts in the game for helicopter if you can't stabilize the helicopter to fly correctly like going up-and-down forwards or backwards is there gonna be a rebalancing for these pieces to make it so you're able to build a helicopter correctly. most of the helicopters that you see in the game are more like planes than helicopters I was just wondering if there's going be an update to the game for rebalancing the correct pieces to make it so a helicopter works correctly since all the pieces are in the game to build a helicopter but you can't fly the helicopter correctly after building. It would be great if you could let me know if there's any plans on rebalancing the pieces or adding pieces to make this work correctly at any point in the game or if there's been discussions of this through the team thank you for your time

Soviet_Samuelson likes this.
  16. Karel Slabý

The map, incl. switching between distant techs (and probably the possibility to send distant stuff to inventory to avoid complications).

17. Masakari

Masakari Well-Known Member

Upgraded Controls and Hotkeys:
    -Strafe and turn for Helis and hovers
    -Hover toggle for Helis and Airships
    -Altitude Adjustment when in hover mode
    -Boosters separate from Rotors/Fans/Props (R/F/P) (mentioned above I know)
    -Lifting and in turn Lowering R/F/P separate from turning/strafe/forward R/F/P (also mentioned above)
    -Firegroups
    -Anchor hotkey
    -Bubble Hotkey

Will edit if I can think of more.

18. Masakari

Flying AI and graduating the AA gun to base game.

19. Karel Slabý

Payload terminal for EXP stuff.

20. Masakari

Better Multi-Techs (MTs)
    -Connections (not able to break off so easily either in operation or when impacting something)
    -Stabilization (not having parts break off/go missing on loading sometimes, or in operation)
    -Single Snapshot with all connected parts that can use the explosive bolt to set up/activate

I know this is a small group of the player base who deal/mess with MTs but that seems to be growing slowly. Might be more popular if they were easier to build/assemble as right now its a right pain to.

#20 Masakari, Oct 10, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.