The Ultimate Suggestions Poll

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Matt, Oct 30, 2018.

?

What community suggestion would you most like to see added to TerraTech?

1. First Person View

2. Free Cam Mode

3. Update Resource Radar

4. A Water Biome

5. Toggleable Power

6. Mirror Mode

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Matt

Matt PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Hey Everyone!

Thanks to everyone who commented and added suggestions to the Ultimate Suggestions Thread. There are loads of great ideas in there (almost too many).

So as promised, we've compiled the top suggestions into a poll for everyone to vote on. Shoutout to @HyperXNova20 for helping to compile the list.

It was mentioned in the above thread but I want to highlight it again. These suggestions were picked based on their popularity as well as their feasibility. There were plenty of great suggestions that would be excellent to include in TT but simply wouldn't work.

Here are links to the suggestions with more details:

First Person View
    Free Cam Mode
    Update Resource Radar
    A Water Biome
    Toggleable Power
    Mirror Mode

Get voting!

2. Matt

Matt PAYLOAD STUDIOS

As there were so many excellent suggestions I wanted to give a few honourable mentions with some explanations as to why they didn't make the cut.

Upgraded Controls - We're currently working on updating the control schemes which should be included in an up-coming update.

Improved Multi-techs - This is a much bigger feature than it first appears. We're working on new blocks that would make multi-tech more functional. Also, this is just my opinion, I kinda like that multi-techs are a bit janky. It's something the Community (you guys) have created and developed amongst yourselves which is the whole point of TerraTech!

Hover Fix - This will be addressed in an up-coming update. Watch this space!

I'm sure I'm missing a few more but I've got to run into a meeting now so will update this list when I'm back.

3. Potato

Potato Tinkerer of Titäns

Mirror mode is the most useful of the options, so I'm voting for that one. It'll halve the time spent on building.

4. Baconus_Yum

Baconus_Yum Administrator

Slightly sad bosses didn’t make the poll. Also I want all of those, why can’t I choose more than one?

5. WhitePaw2002

WhitePaw2002 Modding Husky

When does the poll end?
    Will some of these ideas be recycled if they are not chosen here?

ALSO
    Does this mean that hovers are going to get dampening, specific layers chosen, blocks for hoverbug...
    :eek:
    when is this updat

6. Potato

Potato Tinkerer of Titäns

Same. I want something hard to fight for once.

7. Exund

Exund Fancy Modder
    TT Translator Hawkeye King

Water is my choice there :

The FPV blocks mod is pretty much perfect and so could be integrated easily.
    The Free cam has already been done (some trailers show a free cam).
    Toggleable Power seems pretty easy to implement too.
    Mirror mode would require a bit more of code to be sure to have a perfectly working tool but should also be easy.
    Abd The Resources Radar sounds less exciting.

Most of the items on that list are somewhat easily moddable but the Water Biome (And Terrain Generation in general) is something that looks way to difficult without the UnityEditor.
    Also BOATS AND SUBMARINES ! GET MOTTFLYER HERE WE NEED TSN NOW!!

8. Soviet_Samuelson

Soviet_Samuelson Living in my pizza boxes because mom kicked me out

I want water mod and first-person, first preson mainly because driving over rough terrain would be easier and going fast while looking between wheels would be rad

Aardvark123 and Sokolov like this.
  9. Sokolov

Sokolov Well-Known Member

My vote is for the resource radar, as:
    I agree with Exfund on
    The water biome is, as you've said earlier, too hard to implement properly and perfectly in a reasonable amount of time - besides, we already have a mod.
    I really hope that the resource radar will give access to a much wanted map!
    P.S: A little bit sad about component blocks suggestion - seems very easy to implement and is really needed sometimes.

10. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Yeah, good work! (Drop a post in here and I'll give you a like.;))

@Matt - did you guys use the later, full list off suggestions shown in discord? (For anyone wondering if their suggestion was definitely considered for this poll?)

Also, can I ask?:

(1) Can we assume that suggestions that were both popular and feasible (like [Alt] clicking to select pointed blocks - plug, plug) were considered, but are planned anyway or conflict with Payload's vision for the game? (I.e. will you give us more spoilers and internal insights plx.:))

(2) Would Payload really bump up the priority of implementing a 'true' water biome if it's voted top, here?

Sound reasoning, as I'm assuming that poll suggestions, above, won't be forever precluded if they don't win... Although, to be honest, I'd rather water didn't distract from other pressing dev priorities, given the scope of implementing it.

I've voted for free cam because fighting the unshakable camera spring is something that's an issue pretty much every second I'm driving or flying around in-game and so far it's not been given to us, despite it already being basically implemented. It would be very handy for YouTubing and taking good snapshots of planes, rebuilding techs while moving, etc, etc.

#10 ZeroGravitas, Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  11. Seth_Seth

Seth_Seth Temp. Leader of SFS, Gamer

yes
    2038 my boi

Sokolov likes this.
  12. Masakari

Masakari Well-Known Member
    Most Ingenious

Water Biome, I CHOOSE YOU! (proceeds to drown in said water biome)

...How to word all this....

@Matt Of all the choices the Water Biome IIRC was part of your roadmap for the distant future as you said (multiple times before) it would take a lot to make it work (if at all). Has something changed recently that would allow this to be done much sooner than you planned? Or are you going to just copy over Whitepaws water mod (like some are thinking you will do with the hover fix with a few changes to it)? Will we be getting boat like blocks to work in it and how will the AI deal with it?

We have been promised controls for over 2 years now (and most recently just before 1.0). Not to sound doubtful but.....well.... Do you have anything done so far you can show us that we are indeed getting them? What would be part of this control update?

Yes we did indeed make MTs a thing, but you provided us with specific MT parts to make them better/easier which have allowed us more freedom in making them. "Janky" is fine sometimes (as that can sometimes be funny to watch), however us who have made them do not find it funny when we spend hours/days working on them only to see them break/not load properly (not the same as you devs when working on the code, but you can understand how we feel when they have problems right?). Also what new MT blocks are we getting since you have mentioned it?

Agree with everything @Exund said, however the freecam (like the hud toggle) is something that only the devs have access to. We have been asking about the hud toggle for screenshots for a while now also...

And finally (for the poll and above mentioned things)

Aardvark123 and Seth_Seth like this.
  13. Masakari

Most Ingenious

I think the free cam is more in what they do sometimes while on stream (zipping about the chamber to find things to show or open terrain to load in). Not sure how it would work with driving/flying if the cam is disconnected from a grid, other than what you mentioned with YouTube vids/SS (insert riding off into the sunset clip here....or my osprey vid). It would indeed help with building thats for sure.

14. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Sounds like you're talking about the dav's fast travel hackz - that's definitely not going to be on the table (or wanted).

I'm assuming that 'free cam' doesn't just mean being untethered from a tech, but also (more so?) remaining tethered, while being able to control the view angle without it being pulled back around by tech movement. Bonus points for being able to focus a specific block (while outside of build beam) and being able to zoom in and out further than normal.

Edit: cool video btw, very cool (left you a comment).:)

The devs have said many times they wouldn't do that. There's a *lot* more detail they'd want to put into the simulation and mechanics. (Then there's a whole ton of implications for having water and new systems and game mechanics you'd need to deal with that...)

#14 ZeroGravitas, Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    Galrex and Aardvark123 like this.
  15. Matt

Matt PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Essentially yes. I'd love to go into more detail as to why some of the more popular suggestions didn't make it through to the poll but I can't. Because secrets.

Yup! That's kinda the whole point of this process really. It's to put some weight behind what you guys want added to the game.

16. Seth_Seth

Seth_Seth Temp. Leader of SFS, Gamer

ok

17. Matt

Matt PAYLOAD STUDIOS

In terms of our priorities nothing has changed. A water biome is still a log term thing, however, being that TerraTech is a community driven game we want to make sure your opinions are heard. This could (and should) have an impact on where this lands on our priorities. As long as enough people vote for it.

18. Matt

Matt PAYLOAD STUDIOS

I'll leave the poll open for as long as necessary. Once we're happy there's enough representation we'll close it off. I'll keep you all up-to-date with when this will be.

Most likely, yes. If this proves useful enough then we will definitely revisit some of the other, less popular suggestions from the main thread. Probably in another poll.

19. Masakari

Most Ingenious

@ZeroGravitas As to your comment on the vid, yea the body had AI and did work (mostly) and they tried it first on a Com Core (video was on the next one as they didnt understand the instructions for it at the time....my fault due to bad locking block choice) and did have the AI body fire on some nearby techs when they got in range.

Hmm....thinking back on it a hotkey when the mouse is hovering over a tech to use the guard/idle options (toggle?) for AI would be nice (similar to tech allegiance switching in creative/R&D) and make it a lot easier for MT build control and fleet/horde management. Drat....should have thought of and added that to the suggestion thread before for a QoL thing. Oh well

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  20. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

Water, mirror mode and free cam would be my top three picks. I just like what they should add to the game. Have a good one [8D)