The thing about sky anchors

burger1113

I was trying to build a sky anchor turret that would stay at around the maximum anchor height,
and I realized during combat tests that the enemies target the little pod that gets shot down from the sky anchors
which makes my AI turret float up into kingdom come lol
Can we just have it so the placed down anchor itself is either indestructible or not recognized as part of the tech(so they don't get targeted)?

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Can we just have it so the placed down anchor itself is either indestructible or not recognized as part of the tech(so they don't get targeted)?
I thought it was a deliberate design choice, to give the strategy a weak spot.

Although it is kind of hard/pointless to work around if the purpose of the sky anchor is for a turret (needing a turret to guard the turret, etc). I guess, with a split design, the ground part could be tanky and the floating part totally glass-canon damage oriented (with a good angle of attack).

which makes my AI turret float up into kingdom come lol
At least you can now use the tech manager to reclaim techs lost in space, eh?

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Yes... This so much please. I've bad this problem a lot.

Edit: I think the problem is perhaps more fundamental to the spawn frequency of enemies and the fact that splash damage can get through shields. There is often nothing you can do when a stupid tiny kamakaze venture thing with a megaton on top goes banzai into your base. It will almost always do some kind of damage before your turrets kill it. That one salvo before death is often enough to un-anchor sky anchors or detonate cruise missiles on your techs (which can lead to chain-reaction destruction).

Sky-anchor feet should be immune to damage and shields should block splash damage.

Last edited:

Captain Load

Yes... This so much please. I've bad this problem a lot.

Edit: I think the problem is perhaps more fundamental to the spawn frequency of enemies and the fact that splash damage can get through shields. There is often nothing you can do when a stupid tiny kamakaze venture thing with a megaton on top goes banzai into your base. It will almost always do some kind of damage before your turrets kill it. That one salvo before death is often enough to un-anchor sky anchors or detonate cruise missiles on your techs (which can lead to chain-reaction destruction).

Sky-anchor feet should be immune to damage and shields should block splash damage.
I can't agree with sky anchors being immune to damage because their already what everyone is using on 90% of techs, simply because they work on any terrain. However, the splash damage thing has been really annoying and illogical forever. It basically makes the big guns and heavy missiles the only things worth using. If the shields are capable of blocking both matter like bullets and energy such as lasers then they should logically block shrapnel and concussion as well. Another option would be multiple types of shields - one that does better vs pure energy weapons like lasers, flamers and (presuambly) rail guns and another that is more effective vs kinetic forces like explosive shells, machine guns and so on. Seriously, this has been a huge issue for ages and needs to finally be addressed.

burger1113

I can't agree with sky anchors being immune to damage because their already what everyone is using on 90% of techs, simply because they work on any terrain.
Do you mean the other anchors don't work an all terrains? I suppose them being invincible isn't very realistic, but having it so they don't get targeted wouldn't be too bad?
I really don't understand how or why the shields don't block splash damage either, though. The high explosives already take a huge chunk of drain when they hit shields...