The TerraTech Turret Run Challenge - Submit

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Jul 23, 2018
Hey Prospectors,

It's time for a new Community Challenge! This time we're taking a trip down the R&D Labs Turret Run.

Banner.png

So the challenge is as follows: Build a Tech that can complete the Turret Run in the fastest time possible.

This is what you need to do:
  • Build a Tech that can destroy all the Turrets in the R&D Labs Turret Run in the fastest time possible.
  • Submit your Tech to this thread. Snapshots or Steam Workshop links are acceptable.
Rules:
  • Your Tech must cost less than ฿฿250,000
  • No Mods - Both official and unofficial
  • No Multi-techs - They just make things too complicated
Once we have all the submissions I will then pilot each Tech down the Turret Run and record its time.

While "piloting" the Tech I will simply hold forwards and spacebar (shoot) for the entirety of the run. I'll make any adjustments to the direction if needed.

The Turret Run is considered 'complete' when all the Turrets have been destroyed. So if your Tech goes past one without destroying it this will be incomplete and therefore not count.

I will start the timer as soon as the Tech crosses the start line and stop the timer as soon as the final Turret has been destroyed.

See below for an example run:

Reactions: Aardvark123

Aardvark123

Feb 23, 2018
Scotland
aardvark1998.deviantart.com
For my entry I upgraded Brunhilda, the tank I made a while ago. She is now the magnificent orange turret destroyer Brunhilda II:

Brunhilda II.png

An earlier version narrowly defeated the turret lane and wound up looking like this, just a cab and main gun:

20210621173703_1.jpg

But the final version should fare much better.

Time: 2:09:39

Last edited by a moderator:

Vertu

Jun 10, 2020
I detest that the bolt "turret" counts when in reality it's not a turret. You have to fight it differently to a turret so therefor is it really a turret in our context or are we just going to except the exclusion of the explosive bolt demo as being a "turret". Unless the turret OF the bolt turret is the target and not it's "adds".
Also this challenge has made me HATE the block collision bug where you will be launched upwards for running over blocks. (Oh, also reignited for my hatred of how tracks try "steering".)
When a discussion thread is made I will move this comment to there.

Last edited:

Vertu

Jun 10, 2020
Well here is my submission, an angry assortment of scaffolding. You might me wondering why it has GSO dirt wheels, well the answer is simple...... TO MAKE STEARING POSSIBLE! Also, the Mk3s are for only one turret in the run, turret "mk7".
Matt's link:
Angry scafolding.jpg

Time: 1:13.17

GK vec

GK 光轲
Nov 17, 2017
About this challenge I have 2 suggests.
1. This power plant can generate power fastly with hawkeye compression coal. Also it can transmit power fastly.
2. After testing I found a random factor will influence the time badly: those blocks from destroyed turrets possibly influence challenge tech‘s wheel and slow its speed or change its direction. To aviod this problem I suggest to use an unofficial mod called No Block Detach. Using this mod you can let blocks getting auto destroyed when they detach from turret tech because of fire power.

Btw what's prize for this challenge?

Attachments

Last edited:

Vertu

Jun 10, 2020
I'm afraid he already ran the challenge last Wednesday. The footage is on Twitch here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1079394636
I think he said it was a demo yet was suspiciously setup like it was the actual run. So honestly I have no idea, besides, he would of probably closed this page to replies.

Reactions: Aardvark123

yukke

Apr 21, 2021
I will participate in this challenge by sharing this snapshot "The Scraper".

The Scraper.png
Cost: 249378 ฿฿
Time: 1:02.25