The TerraTech Tank Challenge - Discussion

Vertu

Jun 10, 2020
Hi everyone,

i just finished building my tank, but as always uploading it to the steam workshop doesn't work for me... :(
So where can i find the snapshot in my PC Folders so i can upload it as a .png? (I think that's how it worked in the naval challenge as well?)

Thanks for any help!
Documents -> "My games" -> TerraTech -> Active folder thats not "cashe" -> SnapShots.

Reactions: Megalodon

Sebby

Dec 18, 2019
I attempted to express concern for death circles in this challenge on stream. I heavily encourage installing the target lead TTMM mods @Matt to prevent death circles.
Also, I am jealous @burger1113.
Though, yes, death circles are commonplace for ground AI, it is far less likely since they have tracks. The general acceleration of turning and their movement forwards often leads to them stuttering or stopping to do a stationary turn. I find it highly unlikely that they will end up in a stalemate, and that it's more likely they both have their weapons blown up. Also, though weapon lead would be nice, we have to stick to what we have and abstain. Matt did explicitly say we're not using official mods, so I highly doubt he'll use unofficial mods, but maybe.

Vertu

Jun 10, 2020
Gonna be real, looking at a lot of the entries that suddenly showed up (presumably due to the site scanning for shady links and finishing a lot at the same time), my submission seems to be the only submission with high kill power. .__.
I only fear one tech out of the 43 total entries.
Also one of the entries seem illegal (over cost limit).
Can I use the hawkeye skids?
Theoretically, yes. Matt said tracks to be the only source of movement, skids do not cause movement and are absolutely excellent for countering distributed weight so my submission has them so it stops scrapping on the ground.

Last edited:

garr890354839

Nov 1, 2019
Correct - you can only use one of the cabs listed.
(So you can not use the Hawkeye Bomber Command Cab as an example)
My first thought was, "They didn't explicitly ban AI/other cabs, only one of those, and even then they didn't ban using one of each cab listed." May be worth editing that in.

Darkstar076

Needz Moar Dakka!
Jan 21, 2016
True - it is not explicit. Personally, I read it as only one of the "It can only contain ONE of these control cabs "
In the end it will be Matt that either accepts or discounts the entry.

Vertu

Jun 10, 2020

Sebby

Dec 18, 2019
Yes, no hovers are *allowed. ONLY tank tracks are to be the source of movement. No propellers, Ion drives, only tracks.
Well, as to the second half of that statement, I think you're allowed to use other forms of propulsion, but you can't use any main movement other than tracks. It doesn't say in the rules you can't use things like adjustment thrusters, LMEs, possibly even AG engines, etc. Clarification on this would be pretty helpful, but I do think at least adjustment thrusters should be in for the means of turning. But if not, then I think I've seen at least two entries using them that'll have to be changed.

Ok, maybe scratch all of that out, rereading the rules for like the 4th time, I found " It can only use these tracks to move."
I know it was heavily intended to say "don't use wheels or hovers, only tracks," but some other flight blocks would be nice. Though you could say they're a secondary form of movement and that without the tracks the tech wouldn't move at all...

Sebby

Dec 18, 2019
Can I use the base block?
Based on your submission, I assume you mean manufacturing blocks? I would assume that they are allowed, since they aren't explicitly stated to not be allowed in the contest.

Also, is it permissible to have AI or multiple cockpits?
"It can only contain ONE of these cabs"
No, you may only have one cab, no AI modules or extra cabs allowed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aardvark123

Green Theem

Apr 8, 2020
My friend, (discord: Perfona) wants to join the contest, but they don’t have Terra Tech on their computer. If I let them build a tank in my game and send their snapshot to them, could they enter the tank warfare contest?

Reactions: Aardvark123