The Showcase Auditions

reaperx1

Crazed Builder

Shayne

Okay, this tech really IS a standalone tech. No special projects on in the background. If you have other people waiting for a showcase, dont bother featuring this. I just wanted to make something with enclosed Bertha cannons, so here she is. Have fun!

*FYI, this is great for campaign, although it's a late game campaign tech.

Attachments

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
@Shayne I think I can see her ;). We'll make a showcase out of it, but it will most likely be next week unless things change around here. It's kind of busy right now, but we'll make things work out in the end.

Have a good one [8D)

Shayne

Another here, the "scout", and this one gave me inspiration for another tech. If I finish it in time, I'll edit this post.
*by the way, sorry for my lack of techs lately, I've sort of been stuck playing terratech due to my internet being dead again, so I've kinda gotten burnt out again.

EDIT: yeah, this second tech is thoroughly disappointing, and did not turn out how i expected at all, so i've basically given up halfway through the build, as my heart is not in it. If you like it, you can finish it off yourself. It could be a efficient killing machine, just isn't my style though. this tech is "boring waste of time"

Attachments

Last edited:

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Another here, the "scout", and this one gave me inspiration for another tech.
I always like to here that people are being inspired to build more!
However when it comes to your second tech I will check it out, but if it isn't really finished to a decent enjoyable point it may not be added into the showcase.
I appreciate the offer to put my own finishing touches on it, but I usually don't do that so it will most likely stay unfinished.
No matter what I really like your enthusiasm with your showcase builds. Keep up the awesome, it is refreshing!

Have a good one [8D)

Shayne

I always like to here that people are being inspired to build more!
However when it comes to your second tech I will check it out, but if it isn't really finished to a decent enjoyable point it may not be added into the showcase.
I appreciate the offer to put my own finishing touches on it, but I usually don't do that so it will most likely stay unfinished.
No matter what I really like your enthusiasm with your showcase builds. Keep up the awesome, it is refreshing!

Have a good one [8D)
Well, it is usable, and can destroy things. it just doesnt fit my usual standard of building, and i cant be bothered to finish it.

However, i have created a sort of bug creating tech... ("bug creator") if you're in the R&D mode, then use this tech to run at the slightly angled red monument, and sometimes you will pop up into the air. Although sometimes you just end up driving up the monument or destroying wheels. ALWAYS use the boost when running at it, or you get a disappointing result.

another tech i created but ended up not liking, "i guess its an APC" it just doesnt seem fast enough / maneuverable enough, coupled with the fact that it has nearly no ground clearance. decent damage dealer, and looks okay, but it's not a very nice tech to drive.

"forced flying" is an interesting one. I tried to make a flying tech that could take out every other tech it met in 1 press of the space bar, using only 1 weapon... it didn't end up succeeding, but it got close. almost took out the brick in 1 press. best i got was 4 hits to take it out completely.

Also, it's nice to hear that you appreciate my efforts, so I must thank YOU for creating videos of these techs, so they are shown to a wider audience! :p

Attachments

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Also, it's nice to hear that you appreciate my efforts, so I must thank YOU for creating videos of these techs, so they are shown to a wider audience! :p
Your welcome! I'll add these new techs to the others and we will see what happens ;). I really like the sounds of taking out the brick in 4 shots with a flyer so I am looking forward to trying it out.
Have a good one [8D)

Seth_Seth

Confused Leader of the Golden Armada
Website
sites.google.com
Since i don't see another Community Core Showcase anytime soon, dis

Duel Carrier is a Multi-tech turret carrier thing
Duel Carrier.png

And now a hovertech

JBD_856.png

And of course the lag maker, The Nomad (btw the brick thing behind the weapons can be used for tech storage since i have a couple of drones in campaign)

Seths Nomad.png

Seth_Seth

Website
sites.google.com
I try to make a plane, I end up with this fast boi

Venture Fireball.png

And now a tech that doesn't move! (it's just a bigger model of the venture radar, nothing fancy)

Venture Mega Radar.png

Please remind me if you've seen this one, otherwise it was made when the new weapons were released

Zeus AntiAir Type A.png

@reaperx1 i will no longer be doing Community Core and only The Saturday Showcase and NeuTecha.

Shayne

oops, forgot dis

View attachment 23468
and it's drones but you don't have to show them, but to know the drone's names

well damn. you had to go and show me up. ;)

Anyway, I finally finished the 2 new techs, and built a third random one for fun. :p

Assault harvister (deliberately spelt wrong to try and trigger people, totally wasn't a spelling mistake on my end...) does what it says on the tin. It can harvest, but it can also fight, if needed. Not the best at either, but a decent all rounder.

Brute force is for those times when you really want to take something out, but you don't want to take a giant behemoth out to do the job. It's big enough to get the job done, but it's small enough to be easy to maneuver.

Battle Ready Bouncer is just a fun tech that I created in about 1 and a half hours. It's just something I threw together while listening to Eurobeat. Nothing special, it wont win any contests for looks, speed, or firepower, but it is fun to drive around, and it has enough weaponry to protect it's self.

And now to steal reaper's thing...

Have a good one [8D)

Attachments

Shayne

Just made a fourth tech. Again, it's nothing special, but it will certainly kill things. It's also not the fastest thing in the world, but I think it's a nice twist to my usual builds.

EDIT: made another tech as well. When listening to good music, I seem to get random inspiration from anywhere.

Damned destroyer is just another random tech that looks good, drives fast, and has average firepower.

That seems to be all I build atm. I should probably branch back into smaller, faster techs, or larger more technical builds...

Attachments

Last edited:

Shayne

Another day, another 3 techs. The first one, "rapid racer", was an attempt at a stable, light, extremely nimble racing craft that i could spawn into my campaign, though i realised after i finished that it uses high level parts that im unlikely to have access to, so kinda failed. I then decided to modify it to see how fun i could make it, which is what turned into the "rowdy rapid racer".

The third tech, "mountain brawler" was created before these 2, inspired by my old "mountain goat" build. I wanted something small, with enough battery life and shields to be viable, but able to easily climb mountains.

Attachments

Shayne

I FINALLY FINISHED BUILDING A DECENT LOOKING BOMBER!!! YAY!

This took quite a while to finish, due to the wings being rather troublesome, and having a load of balance issues. It's pretty good, in my opinion, and I'm extremely pleased with how it turned out. It doesn't have the largest amount of bombs that a flyer could have, but it will get the job done. Also, it's main body is at the length limit, and the main wings are at the width limit, because why not? Admittedly, I could have spent more time filling the body out around the wing section to make it look a bit more chunky, and realistic, but I was too excited and wanted to upload it quickly.

Attachments

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
it's main body is at the length limit, and the main wings are at the width limit, because why not?
Nice! There is no reason I could think of as to why not, just a bunch of reasons why ;). I'm looking forward to that one!
Have a good one [8D)

Seth_Seth

Website
sites.google.com
So uhh... i'm gonna try to summit Golden Gun, i won't put snapshots since this might do it and kill @reaperx1 's computer, i'll link you here instead for snapshots, i'll also save you the pain of making it and give you a save

(also do shayne's stuff first i might summit other techs too)

Attachments