The Official TerraTech Two Wheel Speed Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMJ

Attachments

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
I archieved 376 MPH using hard math and the new testing apparatus, i measured the weight of every block and the thrust to weight ratio, here are my measurements:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iNoe8Abrmu7TfRlcO46yFUKbpFflM5ZO0bpVhS8B0Gw/edit?usp=sharing
In theory this design can be pushed even further, i'll work on it!
Thx also to my friend for the collaboration, Boggs on steam.
Find my tech also on my steam workshop searching for EMJzero on steam.
This is the level of detail I appreciate! Good job.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
@Matt I have noticed a discrepancy between the speed indicated on the speedtrap and the speedo display of 1 mug per hour with the speedtrap giving a lower figure
View attachment 30761
the tech this was noticed with

View attachment 30762
and the screenie showing the discrepancy
Interesting. It seems like a bug. I'll let QA know.

I've added this as an entry by the way.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
I have made a quick thing with Venture Double boosters and Brackets, presenting "Fast Lad 2"

Reaches a speed of 374 mph for about a tenth of a second but she can do it, without her boosters she'll manage a blistering 14 mph!
As a way of testing each Tech, I will hit the boosters at the start of the Speed Trap. So each Tech will need to maintain that speed over the distance. After following this method for this Tech the speed I got was 140 mph so I will mark that as the official entry.

General Douglas

Aerial Admiral
As a way of testing each Tech, I will hit the boosters at the start of the Speed Trap. So each Tech will need to maintain that speed over the distance. After following this method for this Tech the speed I got was 140 mph so I will mark that as the official entry.
Rocket sleds are fun, but this makes more sense

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
I archieved 376 MPH using hard math and the new testing apparatus, i measured the weight of every block and the thrust to weight ratio, here are my measurements:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iNoe8Abrmu7TfRlcO46yFUKbpFflM5ZO0bpVhS8B0Gw/edit?usp=sharing
In theory this design can be pushed even further, i'll work on it!
Thx also to my friend for the collaboration, Boggs on steam.
Find my tech also on my steam workshop searching for EMJzero on steam.
I've applied the same method to this Tech as mentioned in my above reply to General Douglas. The Tech will need to maintain that speed over the whole distance of the speed trap.

I got 83 mph for this Tech.

Warning220

Defence enthusiast, Battle ship expert
@Matt do i have to wait till wednesday to post my next submission or not its been 5 days and you said one per week so im assuming i have to wait or maybe not because this is the next week

TheGamingEnder

Founded ZTech and BlackWing
sorry garr890354839, harpo99999, and General Douglas, but ZTech has came and made something insane, passing the 2 wheel challenger in speed.
here's the ZTech mach 1 bike:
ZT mach 1 bike.png
has just barely enough fuel for the full speed trap, so the speed recorded in the screenshot below(might be a little faster than the screenshot) shows it's speed.
the screenshot with speed reference:
screen54.png

EMJ

I'm back, with a 367mph, after testing out all the different fuel tank options to account for the need of going full speed for the whole speedtester, I updated my numbers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iNoe8Abrmu7TfRlcO46yFUKbpFflM5ZO0bpVhS8B0Gw/edit#gid=0
Important: since it is not specified how long you can accellerate with only wheels before the boost on the speedtester, I got the 367 while getting to 14mph with wheels only, and activating the boosters as soon as starting to get on the white floor of the tester!
I'll continue to push forward my design, i think 370 will be possible, and maybe 375 is too!
Again thx also to my friend for the collaboration, Boggs on steam.
And find my tech also on my steam workshop searching for EMJzero on steam.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.