The official TerraTech Sumo-Arena

Discussion in 'Techs' started by Chrii_the_Vieh, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Chrii_the_Vieh

Chrii_the_Vieh Well-Known Member

Welcome to the official TerraTech Sumo-Arena for live events!

This is the place to submit your best Sumo-techs to become the next official Sumo-Champion in one of the great leagues of TerraTech-Sumo.

Payload decided to stop official livestreams on monday, so...

We are very proud to present the new Sumo-live-HonBashu called SUMONDAY!
    This new broadcast is fully supported by Payload-Studios.

The tournaments will be held regularly on Monday evenings and will be livestreamed by known members of the TerraTech-community (apply with a personal message if you want to stream one of those events).

Next Sumonday: to be determined (maybe a Susunday this time?)
    Streamer of the next HonBashu:
    most likely @DerNiepe (https://www.twitch.tv/derniepe)

The results of those streams will be published here and are available as a twitch-record for some time (have a look here for the last stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/174012801).
    The submissions per player will be limited to a number that makes for an entertaining stream. One tech per player and league is the maximum at the moment.
    Please note, that tournaments in Black, White and SittingDuck league will be issued as soon as we have reached 8 contenders.

Rules:

The tournaments will be held in the official and ancient way (have a look in the last stream (link above) to see how it works).
    There are several leagues with different rules on which blocks to use to build your tech (see below).
    Each of those leagues has a set of three champions, that you can find attached to the league's own post.
    A tech which is submitted for a league has to battle the champions of this league one by one starting with the lowest champion.
    The battles against the champions will be streamed in a best of three format.
    The match against the top-champion of each league is a best of five battle.
    If a tech makes it through all three bosses he will be a champion for this league and the lowest champion is going to be removed from the list.
    If more than one contender makes it through all three champions, those techs will be set against each other to battle out the strongest tech in a best of three and a respective number of old champions is removed from the list.
    There won’t ever be more than three champions in one league.

What is in there for you?
    - First of all, submitting your own tech and see it battle in the sumo-ring is very exciting.
    - Second, if you make it to be the new champion you will earn a forum-badge specially designed for each league.
    - You earn fame and bragging-rights as well as a special title related to the league.
    - Your brilliant tech will be listed here in the hall-of-fame and will inspire others.

What are you waiting for? Start building already!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  2. Chrii_the_Vieh

Tips, tricks and other information:

Have a look at the last stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/174012801

If you are a streamer and an active member of the community you are invited to get into contact with the sumo-arena-team and apply for a slot in the Sumonday tournament scedule. We will then discuss how to set the stream up and you will be able to host one of these events soon. Just write a short personal message (to me, others will follow soon) and get into contact if you are interested.

Tip 1: Having fun with sumo!

Sumo live-events can be very much fun to watch. But be assured, that the fun intensifies a lot when you have an own tech in the ring. Give it a shot! You will be amazed how a simple battle turns into thrilling action for you.

Tip 2: Training... HARD training!
    You have access to all the champions of all the leagues in this thread, so use it! Really do! You made a nice sumo-warrior? Why not setting it up against those techs and see how it performs before the stream airs. Some minor changes often make the difference between win and loss in sumo. If you get possitive statistics with all three champions, you have good chances to be a winner in the stream.

Tip 3: Think outside the box!
    Bigger is not always better. Shapes and style of a tech are very important, so be creative.
    Some of the „old“ champions only got there due to their special form and function. You might learn something by just looking at those techs. Or, you might develop you individual new style, that changes the face of sumo once again.

Tricks:
    Some contenders do not want to show their creation before the event starts. This is very reasonable, as weak spots hide in every design and some try to find those before the battle starts. If you don’t want to upload the png of your tech in this thread, you can get into contact with the announced streamer via PM and send him a link to the png. Make sure to post a picture (no png) of your tech here with the name of your tech and the league to compete in, to make an official entry. Please make also sure to send your png early on, so that it can be loaded by the streamer before the stream starts.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    FightBiscuit, Baconus_Yum and Zargn like this.
  3. Chrii_the_Vieh

The Sumo-grand-champion league:

Title: TerraTech-Sumo Yokozuna Grand-Champion
    Blocks: All blocks that are available in the sumo-design-mode
    Badge: Golden-badge "Sumo Yokozuna"
    [​IMG]

1. Rank Grand-Champion:
    MataBullV8.png
    MataBullV8 by @Chrii_the_Vieh

2. Rank Grand-Champion:

The Waluigi Dab.png
    The Waluigi Dab by @Baconus_Yum

3. Rank Grand-Champion:
    Main Sumo Tech V26.png
    Main Sumo Tech V26 by @Benbacon

Description: This is the highest possible league to compete in. Those techs are real heavy-weight sumo-athletes and monsters in the ring. If you can make it here, you are for sure a sumo-champion and eternal fame is yours, but be warned, your dreams might be crushed under the weight of those giants.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  4. Chrii_the_Vieh

The Black-Mawashi league:

Title: TerraTech-Sumo Black-Ozeki
    Blocks: Hawkeye only (those, that are available in the sumo-design-mode)
    Badge: Black-badge "Sumo Black-Ozeki"
    [​IMG]

1. Rank Black-Champion:
    tenebris.png
    Tenebris by @Baconus_Yum

2. Rank Black-Champion:
    I will bring chaos.png
    I will bring chaos by @Lord_Chaos

3. Rank Black-Champion:
    HE Sumo Entry Mk2.png
    HE Sumo Entry Mk2 by @Benbacon

Description: The Black-league is one of the new leagues in the Sumo-events. It has it's first champions now, determined by a fierce tournament. This league is dominated by weapons and slick designs. Pushing is important but firepower rules the black arena. Due to the limited amount of blocks to use here, this is a recomended league for sumo-beginners. Let the miniguns roar and the missiles fly! FIGHT!

Initial Tournament participants ordered by date of entry:

1. ScooperV1 by @Chrii_the_Vieh
    2. Tenebris by @Baconus_Yum
    3. HE Sumo Booster by @Kirchhoffs
    4. HE Sumo Entry Mk2 by @Benbacon
    5. The Black Dominator (6sncmE1) by @diamondnife
    6. Black Thumbler by @Darkdc119
    7. Golem by @peterb39
    8. I will bring chaos by @Lord_Chaos

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    peterb39, Baconus_Yum and Zargn like this.
  5. Chrii_the_Vieh

The Yellow-Mawashi league:

Title: TerraTech-Sumo Yellow-Ozeki
    Blocks: GeoCorp only (those, that are available in the sumo-design-mode)
    Badge: Yellow-badge "Sumo Yellow-Ozeki"
    [​IMG]

1. Rank Yellow-Champion:
    Definitely Not Bomph.png
    Definitely Not Bomph by @Baconus_Yum

2. Rank Yellow-Champion:
    Satyr V2.png
    Satyr V2 by @streak1

3. Rank Yellow-Champion:
    Suemi3.png
    Suemi3 by @Terra_Techy

Description: This is the purest form of TerraTech-Sumo. Heavy blocks, few weapons and pure strength rule this league. You have to be extra precise with your design to make it here. This is a class for real sumo fanatics.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  6. Chrii_the_Vieh

The Grey-Mawashi league:

Title: TerraTech-Sumo Grey-Ozeki
    Blocks: GSO only (those, that are available in the sumo-design-mode)
    Badge: Grey-badge "Sumo Grey-Ozeki"
    [​IMG]

1. Rank Grey-Champion:
    Bolt 14.png
    Bolt 14 by @Baconus_Yum

2. Rank Grey-Champion:
    GSOFireCrabbyV5.png
    GSOFireCrabbyV5 by @Chrii_the_Vieh

3. Rank Grey-Champion:
    TwoLeggedZyclopeV6.png
    TwoLeggedZyclopeV6 by @Chrii_the_Vieh

Description: The Grey-league is an ancient league in the sumo tournaments. It has produced one of the hardest to beat champions, that made it through the times and versions of TerraTech. This league might seem easy to master first, but due to GSO’s imense diversity, it soon proves to be amongst the hardest of them all. Try your skills to create a champion-tech that takes his place up there for the next versions of TerraTech to come.

7. Chrii_the_Vieh

The White-Mawashi league:

Title: TerraTech-Sumo White-Ozeki
    Blocks: Venture only (those, that are available in the sumo-design-mode)
    Badge: Venture-coloured-badge "Sumo White-Ozeki"
    [​IMG]

1. Rank White-Champion:
    TBD

2. Rank White-Champion:
    TBD

3. Rank White-Champion:
    TBD

Description: The white-league is the second addition to the diverse leagues of sumo. It has no champions yet, which leads us to have a tournament for the determination of a worthy set of champions. As soon as we get 8 contenders for this class, a tournament will be held to find those first three White-champions. Here, only the fast and fierce will rule. Battle your opponents with flames, bulletstorms and squieking tires.

Tournament participants ordered by date of entry:

1. SlideShowV5 by @Chrii_the_Vieh
    2. Venture Barebones by @Kirchhoffs
    3. VEN Sumo Entry by @Benbacon
    4. Antweight by @Baconus_Yum
    5. Egg White by @Darkdc119
    6. Help I flipped @Lord_Chaos
    7. Flipper Max by @JimmyBlether
    8. KS Wedgium by @Klilidiplomus

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    Baconus_Yum and Zargn like this.
  8. Chrii_the_Vieh

The Sitting-Duck league:

Title: TerraTech-Sumo Sitting-Duck
    Blocks: all blocks except the blocks from the Wheels and Wings cathegory
    Badge: Rainbow-badge "Sumo Sitting-Duck"
    [​IMG]

1. Rank Sitting-Duck-Champion:
    TBD

2. Rank Sitting-Duck -Champion:
    TBD

3. Rank Sitting-Duck -Champion:
    TBD

Description: No blocks for movement in this league. Let those wepons do the work, as no tech will leave this ring in one piece.
    This league has no champions yet, which leads us to have a tournament for the determination of a worthy set of champions. As soon as we get 8 contenders for this class, a tournament will be held to find those first three Sitting-Duck-champions. What? You don’t think this is sumo? We don’t care! Go, hunt some ducks.

Tournament participants ordered by date of entry:

1. QuackPack by @Baconus_Yum
    2. Sitting Duck Sumo V2 by @justinotter
    3. Sitting DuckSumoMk2 by @Benbacon
    4. DuckDevilV3 by @Chrii_the_Vieh
    5. Sitting Bull by @Darkdc119
    6. Oops did I shoot you by @Lord_Chaos

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    Baconus_Yum likes this.
  9. Chrii_the_Vieh

This will be filled with the names and links to former champions to inspire new builders and pay homage to the elder-sumo-champs.

Former Grand-Sumo-Champions:
    Main Sumo Tech V24 by @Benbacon
    Sumo T3 by @Nightblade Greyswandir
    WWTank12 by @Baconus_Yum

Former Black-Sumo-Champions:

Former Yellow-Sumo-Champions:
    Bomphiologia by @Zane

Former Grey-Sumo-Champions:
    Mirrors Hedge by @Vhargon
    Arrow 6 by @Baconus_Yum

Former White-Sumo-Champions:

Former Sitting-Duck-Sumo-Champions:

Feel free to find some champions from long-long time ago in this thread: Former Sumo Champions list by streak1

Baconus_Yum likes this.
  10. Chrii_the_Vieh

Tech entries (by date of submission) for the next Sumonday:

Grand Champion league:

Mayhem Machine V2 by @Lord_Chaos
    Soopa-Sco0opa by @JimmyBlether

Black-Mawashi-tournament:

I wil bring Chaos V2 by @Lord_Chaos
    HAWK SUMO 2 by @JimmyBlether

Yellow-Mawashi league:

Grey-Mawashi league:

White-Mawashi-tournament:

1. SlideShowV5 by @Chrii_the_Vieh
    2. Venture Barebones by @Kirchhoffs
    3. VEN Sumo Entry by @Benbacon
    4. Antweight by @Baconus_Yum
    5. Egg White by @Darkdc119
    6. Help I flipped @Lord_Chaos
    7. Flipper Max by @JimmyBlether
    8. KS Wedgium by @Klilidiplomus

Sitting-Duck-tournament:

1. QuackPack by @Baconus_Yum
    2. Sitting Duck Sumo V2 by @justinotter
    3. Sitting DuckSumoMk2 by @Benbacon
    4. DuckDevilV3 by @Chrii_the_Vieh
    5. Sitting Bull by @Darkdc119
    6. Oops did I shoot you by @Lord_Chaos

REMEMBER: Tournaments will start as soon as 8 contenders are in the list. The following Sumonday that is of course.

Tournament layout:
    Tournament8.gif

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    Baconus_Yum likes this.
  11. Baconus_Yum

Baconus_Yum Administrator

This is a good idea. However, I have a few questions:
    1. There are quite a few reserved for leagues. Though I can find the stuff for the Main leagues, what is the Sitting Duck Leauge?
    2. Would the Main Leauge have the top 3 from the last stream to start out?
    3. Do we need any presets for any of these leagues? I would be happy to make some.
    4. @Jamie May you pin this thread?
    -Baconus

Edit: 3 of my questions were already answered.

12. Jamie

Jamie PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Sure thing - shall I unpin this thread to make room for the new league?

Baconus_Yum likes this.
  13. Chrii_the_Vieh

A lot more patience you need, young padawan... ;)
    I hope you like the settings, I count on your rivalry and great battles against your creations!

Now that I have finished the line-up, you sure might do that, I am going to link the thread in the hall-of-fame here.

Jamie likes this.
  14. Chrii_the_Vieh

Okay, here is my first submission for one of the tournaments, to get things going:

ScooperV1
    ScooperV1.jpg
    I didn't test this one, as no enemies are around to try on.
    Therefore, I might change the design slightly before the beginning of the tournament for Black-Champions.

15. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Well-Known Member

The Sumo-grand-champion league:
    T5.3

The Grey-Mawashi league:
    Sumo GSO5

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    Chrii_the_Vieh likes this.
  16. Nightblade Greyswandir

Only one add on rules. Tech have to make contact with each other. So battle evading tech are not in game. Simple as I made one jet engine HE tech that just take off and other sumo just rush below it. It sustain first salvo as HE blocks are armored and it wins... that feel like cheating.

17. Chrii_the_Vieh

Nope, this rule won't be included. If your engineering is as good, as to make a tech that evades all other techs and wins, you might as well be a champion in sumo! (Just flying up won't work, as there are deadly boundaries in all directions)
    This technique even has a name in real sumo:
    henka (変化)
    A sidestep to avoid an attack. If done, it is usually at the tachi-ai to set up a slap-down technique, but this is often regarded as bad sumo and unworthy of higher ranked wrestlers. Some say it is a legitimate "outsmarting" move, and provides a necessary balance to direct force, "henka" meaning "changing; to change".
    Some say, that this is the highest form of sumo in TerraTech ;) .

That said, there are ways to build a tech that avoids being avoided and therefore wins those battles.
    The evolution of sumo will progress!

Thanks a lot for the submissions, which are clearly designed to go for Grand-champion-league (T5.3) and Grey-Mawashi-league (GSO Sumo), if I'm not mistaken.
    You are allowed to change those submissions until we grab them for the battles to start, which will be annonced in a post here.

EDIT1: A league where avoiding tactics are not allowed (brute force league) might be added later on if needed.

18. Nightblade Greyswandir

henka (変化)
    A sidestep to avoid an attack. If done, it is usually at the tachi-ai to set up a slap-down technique, but this is often regarded as bad sumo and unworthy of higher ranked wrestlers. Some say it is a legitimate "outsmarting" move, and provides a necessary balance to direct force, "henka" meaning "changing; to change".

It was just a suggestion. If you say no, it is ok. Anyway this jumps over my T5.3 and win 8 of 10 times.
    e10.png

19. Nightblade Greyswandir

Yes.
    Do you mind if players can post more than one sumo per category?

20. Chrii_the_Vieh

You can post several techs in different leagues right now (due to the initial tournaments in several leagues), but we want to make a fun and competitive stream, which won't take forever. Therefore, we decided to limit the number of submissions per player.
    My personal feeling is, that one tech per league and live-event is absolutely the max, as you might flood a league with your designs otherwise, which makes it boring to watch for other players.
    If the limit is too harsh, we might decide to allow more techs in streams to come.

Regarding your example tech: That is not an error of the design of this little beauty, but an error in the design of your T5.3 if you really think about it. This little weirdo-tech is no challenge for a well balanced sumo.
    This will be prooved in sumo-streams to come.

This counts for real live sumo, in TerraTech sumo, this technique is considered the ultimate challenge to master. ;)
    M4L