The Official TerraTech Quadcopter Time Trial Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hey Folks!

I owe an apology. I've not managed to get around to updating this challenge ever since we've been on lockdown. So sorry about that!

I will endeavor to go through all the entries tomorrow and create the Quadcopter Challenge Leaderboard! Then we can try increasing the budget. WHOOP WHOOP!!

Rafs

Director-General of GreenTech
This is poor man's category, make one for the rich!

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Slight revision to the above! I'm going to showcase ALL of these submissions on today's stream.

It's starting in 30 minutes! See you then :)

Aardvark123

Website
aardvark1998.deviantart.com
Having 500,000 block bucks and all the trade terminals at my disposal right from the start was a breath of fresh air, so thank you for arranging all that. Here's my entry, the Silver Phantom, which completed the course in 21 seconds:

Silver Phantom.png

To get the most out of the Silver Phantom, set its lift strength to about 73, then fly forwards. Steer as you would with any drone, but tilt the nose up and down to change altitude; just changing the lift strength will be too slow and unresponsive. Basically, think of it like an aeroplane with rotors instead of wings. It also has boosters for extra forward speed.

I've recorded a video of the Silver Phantom achieving its hopefully world-beating time after a few failed attempts, piloted by yours truly. Skip to 2:28 for the run where I actually complete the course:

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Having 500,000 block bucks and all the trade terminals at my disposal right from the start was a breath of fresh air, so thank you for arranging all that. Here's my entry, the Silver Phantom, which completed the course in 21 seconds:

View attachment 32090

To get the most out of the Silver Phantom, set its lift strength to about 73, then fly forwards. Steer as you would with any drone, but tilt the nose up and down to change altitude; just changing the lift strength will be too slow and unresponsive. Basically, think of it like an aeroplane with rotors instead of wings. It also has boosters for extra forward speed.

I've recorded a video of the Silver Phantom achieving its hopefully world-beating time after a few failed attempts, piloted by yours truly. Skip to 2:28 for the run where I actually complete the course:

Looking good @Aardvark123! Could you upload the Game Save? It just saves me having to spawn each block :)

Helios

Also known as He Who Forgets Passwords
Here's my ugly drone Wings Optional. One thing I've learned from this challenge is that you don't really need wings (or propellers) to fly, all you really need is thrust, hence the name.

The cost is 496,734. Press UP and DOWN to adjust the height.

HCS Wings Optional.png

Attachments

Pachu

500k limit huh? Challenge Accepted

With the return of THE MOAST ROAST 500K
1588034026526.png

snapshot
MOAST ROAST 500k_1588033911.86812.png
the MOAST ROAST is back at it again with a much faster Quad Copter with much more stable controls than the 50k Drone
with Co-pilots Bird and Bobble they shall attempts to with this challenge with this Silver n Gold ride!

Cost - 49,957 BB$

Acceleration/Pitch - W/S (yes same controls)
Yaw/Roll - A/D (yes another set of controls linked together)
Strafe - Q/E (its there but not really needed)
Lift - Up/Down arrows (yes you need both hands to fly)
Boosters - left Ctrl
- Q/E are used if you need to strafe in a direction

Flying Around: This is where you need two hands
- YOU MUST HOLD UP TO MAINTAIN ALTITUDE
flying forward will tilt the tech forward allowing it to fly like a proper drone. Same applies to turning and reverse

Race Flying
After settling into the proper starting position
- Zoom out and adjust the camera so you have a good view range
- BOOST
- With the boosters on this drone now flies like a plane but now uses the propellers as its wings and rudders.
the boost lasts about 30 seconds but as you can see with the provided screenshot of my time flying though its more than enough to finish the whole course with the boosters on
- Up/Down Arrows should not be needed while race flying but can help
- Since there are no wings to help with pitch and yaw (the one in the back only helps with flying leveled) its will be a bit delayed but its strong so fly around with it first before taking on the course

Last edited:

Bedacoalmaster

I draw TT models for fun
Here, take this tiny lemon loving guy, he is more focused on the ease of flying than on speed making it easier for you to use.

Please for the love of god Matt read these instructions: WASD for traditional movement, Q and E for strafing, Shift to go up and Control to go down.
AG Glide.png

Attachments

Sebby

1588285386258.png So I made this hover. It's literally 499,999 BB$. It's hoverbugged with boosters. It goes 129 mph without boosters and 173 with. The control scheme is simply the default hovercraft controls, with WASD movement, Q&E strafing, up arrow and down arrow lift, left and right arrow roll, and page up and page down for pitch. However, I prefer using just the standard WASD movement and up/down arrow lift and ignoring the roll and pitch. I was able to get almost every block for campaign, but the shop only had 1 Lathrix hat and no lemons, so I have no time. To make up, I used a seperate copy that doesn't have those blocks and raced with that, so just know the original might be slightly different and I just really want to stick with it being exactly 499,999 BB. If you could, I'd like it with the misc blocks, but I can't control that.

And then it was at this point I found out that hoverbugs don't work on this course ;-;. Wasted time.

Time to make another, I'm just kinda salty/sad because Matt said that hoverbugs were allowed . - .

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
I think that's more than enough time for everyone to submit your Techs!

The leaderboard has been updated! Thanks to everyone for taking part. Stay tuned for the next Community Challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.