The Official TerraTech Quadcopter Time Trial Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
i give you THE MOAST ROASTscreen1.png
Cost: 49,598BB
Controls
W/S to pitch it forward and back (there is no reverse. Tapping S while flying wont really do much help)
A/D for turning
Up/Down arrows for lift (the main method of gaining height)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Honestly I could build a better one without the turkey but that's no fun

Update: was finally able to build it in the save file
my time was about 33.70 seconds

Attachments

Last edited:

Kevin Vanderhoef

Eldritch Horror, and Ship's Cat.
Aug 15, 2018
Somewhere in Seattle Washington.
I'm not going to chase down parts or tradestations to make an entry. Either provide the budget and the payload terminals or enough parts in each corp to do the job.

I'm just going to note that an all venture corp build an be made using a cab a gyro one regular block or anchor, and four fiveways. If you use the zg Hybrid control layout, using rotors will actually make it harder to fly in a semi-stable manner.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Jul 23, 2018
I'm not going to chase down parts or tradestations to make an entry. Either provide the budget and the payload terminals or enough parts in each corp to do the job.

I'm just going to note that an all venture corp build an be made using a cab a gyro one regular block or anchor, and four fiveways. If you use the zg Hybrid control layout, using rotors will actually make it harder to fly in a semi-stable manner.
Whoops, my bad. I uploaded the wrong game save. I've updated it with the correct one. It has over ฿฿100,000 and as many resource blocks as I could manage. All the recipes should be unlocked and there is a Fabricator for each corp and a Component Factory so you can create all the blocks you need. Let me know if I've missed anything.

Reactions: Aardvark123

Aardvark123

Feb 23, 2018
Scotland
aardvark1998.deviantart.com
Whoops, my bad. I uploaded the wrong game save. I've updated it with the correct one. It has over ฿฿100,000 and as many resource blocks as I could manage. All the recipes should be unlocked and there is a Fabricator for each corp and a Component Factory so you can create all the blocks you need. Let me know if I've missed anything.
That's great news, since I hadn't even got started on my crafting base. Thank you.

CommandSnowy

Mar 25, 2020
So, what exactly crosses the threshold into difficult to pilot? Like, will you be practicing with the controls first, or just straight into the course?

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Jul 23, 2018
So, what exactly crosses the threshold into difficult to pilot? Like, will you be practicing with the controls first, or just straight into the course?
If it requires a pilot's licence to make it go in a straight line you've gone too far!

As long as it's somewhat intuitive to fly you'll be fine. I'll make sure I'm relatively accustomed to the controls before taking it for a spin :)

Sconix Modding

Hails from the land of fire, but thrives in ice.
Mar 15, 2020
Australia
My Quadcopter costing just over 40K it goes up, down, and turns fast, but forwards and backwards are not it's strong suit. go up waith w and turn with a&d but use up and down arrows for somewhat linear motion.

Attachments

Last edited:

CommandSnowy

Mar 25, 2020
Just warning you, you did miss the hawkeye scrapper, and most of the resource blocks were stored in hawkeye, so we can't get them.

Falchoin

May 30, 2018
A very barebones quadcopter of sorts. More like a flying plus sign. Hold Shift for propellers. Up/Down for pitch, Left/Right to turn, A/D for roll. After a few tries I was able to complete the time trial in about 20.4 seconds. Costs 43,722BB

TestCopter.png

Sadly the cab has to be rotated as it is or the camera will not follow properly. You'll likely need to pitch up to get it flat as it is in the snapshot.

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
I don't know if there's any rule against multiple entries but i just had to due to the nature of this
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I give you A DRONE MOST FOWL
A Drone Most Fowl_1585359562.71979.pngA Drone Most Fowl_1585360204.00583.png
BIRD POWERED DRONE
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Cost: 49,287 BB
Basic Hover Controls
So yes its a hover bug
its not that fast but look at it its beautiful

Edit: i didn't like how it handled while flying so i tweeked it a bit so it can fly more stable and now it goes 69mph :D

Attachments

Last edited:

Zonko

Sep 20, 2019
I dunno, Matt. There isn't a single rotor in TT where four of them cost less than 50k. Basically this challenge requires tiny Venture propellers and completely forbids either a hawkeye or better future entry. I mean, GK's drone in your title image costs 135k.
No. Look at mine. 4 rotors. 46k.

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Aug 25, 2018
No. Look at mine. 4 rotors. 46k.
Those aren't rotors. Those are propellers. Rotors are a block type which uses vectored lift - there are presently two from hawkeye and two from better future (three if you count the linear motion engine).

I bring up rotors because their entire purpose is for building helicopters, so to have a helicopter challenge where we can't use them seems bizarre.

Zonko

Sep 20, 2019
Those aren't rotors. Those are propellers. Rotors are a block type which uses vectored lift - there are presently two from hawkeye and two from better future (three if you count the linear motion engine).

I bring up rotors because their entire purpose is for building helicopters, so to have a helicopter challenge where we can't use them seems bizarre.
Where does it say 'helicopter?'
'Quad copter' and 'helicopter' are two different things.

Like 'Bike' and 'quad bike'

Kevin Vanderhoef

Eldritch Horror, and Ship's Cat.
Aug 15, 2018
Somewhere in Seattle Washington.
Here's the nub. The motor atatched to a propeller is in fact called a rotor. Then again so is a motor attached to any thing that need to rotate.

Rotor, is an abreviation of the word Rotator. Something that provides rotation. Much like the Muscles, and joint of your shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.