The Official TerraTech One Shot Damage Challenge

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hey Everyone,

It's time to put your firepower to the test! Who can make a tech with the most damage in one shot?

Submit your Techs and see how you fare on our Leaderboard.

So how this is going to work?

You need to:
  • Open the attached R&D Game Save
  • Build your Tech in the 'Building Area'
  • Whilst still in the 'Building Area' unload One Shot into the Damage Target (one hit of the spacebar)
  • Record your Damage Reading
  • Upload the Snapshot and Damage Output of the Tech to this thread
We will then verify each submission and add them to The Leaderboard which will be updated every Monday.

Rules:
  • No modded Techs or blocks. Let's play fair
  • One Submission per week. Make it count
  • Techs must fit within the Building Area. Build in the building area, not on it.
  • No gun walls. Submissions must resemble a useable Tech
Good luck and have fun!

Leaderboard

Here are the current standings (28/01/2020):
  1. Aardvark123 Terravorus - 117000/s
  2. Wassaup Archer - 100000/s
  3. 666TheSDasher666 Th3 0bl1t3r4t0r - 96000/s
  4. General Douglas M70A1 - 86600/s
  5. RC-3197 One Shot Wonder - 76440/s
  6. Aardvark123 Neo Hyper Tank - 56000/s
  7. General Douglas USLA M70 Compact Tank - 53300/s
  8. 666TheSDasher666 Minitank - 40750/s
  9. Aardvark123 Neon Striker DX - 26660/s

Attachments

Last edited:

garr890354839

This does not use the frame*, and also has two separate damage phases: Battleship guns connect and then the Missiles connect, yielding a total of around 390000**, which is to be expected considering how much of the frame is filled with weaponry. I believe that my build is the most damage of any build ever... The two-phase method can take down shields and still nail the underlying tech with untold damage...

*I do use the frame as a brace because otherwise, the recoil of the battleship guns would send it flying.

**The Cluster Missiles account for a subtle difference, of up to 4 thousand.
Untitled.png
This would absolutely mess up any tech that came in front of it...

Attachments

Taking advantage of the fact that cruise missile launchers ignore frontal obstruction of lines of fire, I was able to decorate a bed of simple BF 5-blocks with these nifty missiles and achieve a total damage of 1036390 with a total volume of 2646 blocks (63*21*2). This design can be expanded for even more damage but I was short on time and could not make it bigger because I do indeed have a life.

top: damage
bottom: snapshot

Attachments

MAGKEKV3000

Mugek the Mug
Taking advantage of the fact that cruise missile launchers ignore frontal obstruction of lines of fire, I was able to decorate a bed of simple BF 5-blocks with these nifty missiles and achieve a total damage of 1036390 with a total volume of 2646 blocks (63*21*2). This design can be expanded for even more damage but I was short on time and could not make it bigger because I do indeed have a life.

top: damage
bottom: snapshot
I think.. frame should be 12x12x12.

Wassaup

Is the ultimate goal to pump as much damage as possible into the target with a single button press, or is it a simple "who can make the biggest number appear" contest? I ask, because certain weapons react faster, then others, splitting the damage quite a bit.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Is the ultimate goal to pump as much damage as possible into the target with a single button press, or is it a simple "who can make the biggest number appear" contest? I ask, because certain weapons react faster, then others, splitting the damage quite a bit.
The latter. Having it as one button press just standardises the whole thing.

General Douglas

This is a pretty good question, could (and should) determine what counts as valid damage based on a single shot, be it first impact or total damage

Edit: Thanks Matt