The Official TerraTech Naval Warfare Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hey Prospectors!

It's time to get nautical! Who can build the most powerful warship?

Warship Challenge Banner.png

The challenge is simple. Build the strongest warship you can. We will then pit them against each other in a knock-out style completion to be streamed LIVE!

So how will this work?
  • Start a Co-op Creative Game
  • Build a Warship that can float on air - Use any blocks that are available in Co-op Creative
  • Submit a snapshot or Steam Workshop link of the Tech to this thread
We will then battle each Tech in a best-of-three 1vs.1 battle to the death. The winner will progress to the next round culminating in the grand final! It will look something (exactly) like this:

Warship Tournament.png

Rules:
  • No modded blocks - Play fair
  • No Multi-techs - You ship must consist of one Tech
  • One Cab per Ship (this includes AI Modules) - Once it's gone you're out!
  • Your Tech must be able to load into a Co-op Creative game
  • Your Tech must float on air - Anti-grav is your friend
  • It must resemble a sea fairing vessel
Some additional notes:
  • I will charge each Tech for exactly two minutes using the Charging Station the R&D Test Chamber before each battle
  • These are allowed:
    • Modded Skins - Made using Official Mod support tools ONLY and uploaded to the Stream Workshop (make it clear in your submission which mod has been used)
    • Hoverbug - If you can make it work then go for it
  • As we will be using a Co-op Creative game to host the battles your Tech can only contain blocks that are in that game mode
  • We will set each Tech to 'Enemy' and let the AI duke it out
Good luck and gave fun!

Last edited:

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Okay, so I've cleaned this thread up a bit so it's easier to navigate for when people submit their Techs.

I'll answer as many questions as I can in the main post but if you have any further queries feel free to send me a direct message.

YaYYeeT

Derp Artist
one of the 17 quintillon NMS planets and moons.
Here it is! The Monsoon, in all her unfinished glory! Note:Not a snap
6-7-2020_5-45-49_PM-ukiunj3n.png
I may have missed a shield(or it broke during a confrontation against an AI bomber which got stuck on my hovership). BS cannons everywhere. Batts still sticking out. About 50% finished, had to stop because of WC issues. Obliterates everything in front.
Edit: Works as hover artillery to some extent with the pitch trims.

Last edited:

Pachu

Welp again Sorry to everyone who had a multi-tech
I've made a new ship to battle with that fits in with the new rule set

The GEOcorp 2ndLife
GEOcorp 2ndLife.png

A FLoating gunbed of a cruiser ship with melee weapons in-case the ai wishes to go in for a ram

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
keeping the old post here incase anyone wants to challenge that ship

everyone is making warships and im here making a GEOcorp Cargo ship
Carrying BF AI Cabs as Cargo
GC Cargo Hovership.png
and yes the Roast is on the back

Last edited:

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Okay, so I've updated the rules one more time. Multi-techs are now OUT and your Tech must be able to load into a Co-op Creative game.

If you have submitted a Tech that is now breaking the rules, feel free to adjust your design and resubmit it or let me know via a DM.

Seth_Seth

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Okay, so I've updated the rules one more time. Multi-techs are now OUT and your Tech must be able to load into a Co-op Creative game.

If you have submitted a Tech that is now breaking the rules, feel free to adjust your design and resubmit it or let me know via a DM.
I do believe this has smited like most of the entire competition lol

Sebby

Regarding the spawning in of ships, will they be spawned in neutral with no power and then the charger is placed down from a team so it has full power and it charge for two minutes? Also, if our tech takes more than 2 minutes to fully bubble up, will it be sent to battle or will we wait for it to bubble fully then be sent into combat?

Secondarily, will submissions be closed after a certain amount of time or when all the spots are filled?

(Also, "Stream workshop" in the part mentioning custom skins)

Status
Not open for further replies.