The Official TerraTech Naval Warfare Challenge - Discussion

Darvin

Commander-in-chief of Carrier Strike Group NOVA-01
Jun 13, 2020
to avoid the ships drifting away from each other in an endless beyblade dance, how about spawning them inside the laser colloseum thingy @Matt ? that way even if they drift apart, they will eventually fall down to the center

Reactions: Matt

GK vec

GK 光轲
Nov 17, 2017
To avoid the ships drifting away from each other in an endless beyblade dance, how about lengthen the enemy hate distance at a special branch of tt?

Reactions: Matt

ArcticWolf_11

Jun 24, 2020
Alright, just saw the most recent stream and I've got to say. That one "ship" is literally a rectangle covered in GSO missile batteries... Talk about a cheap win if it ends up winning... >.<

YaYYeeT

Turning out ESS lore at 0.0282739 words per minute
Apr 27, 2020
<redacted>
Alright, just saw the most recent stream and I've got to say. That one "ship" is literally a rectangle covered in GSO missile batteries... Talk about a cheap win if it ends up winning... >.<
Missiles explode violently when destroyed, so that's dangerous

Reactions: Legionite

Darkstar076

Needz Moar Dakka!
Jan 21, 2016
The GSO Missile Battery has no penetrating power (unlike the Hawkeye Battleship Cannon & Cruise Missile) against a Hawkeye shield.
Therefore, if you have sufficient shielding and a large enough battery reserve you *should* survive the onslaught.

The ship I sent in (Terra bull) uses a lot of GSO Missile batteries - however, it quickly crumbles when it can not penetrate the shields and takes one to many battleship cannons to the face :p

What I would like to know is how to design a tech that has manoeuvrability and still maintain its accuracy when using the battleship cannons.
(See battle between ASP & Terracactus for an example)

Reactions: Seth_Seth

Seth_Seth

doin stufs
Oct 14, 2017
I dunno
forum.terratechgame.com
The GSO Missile Battery has no penetrating power (unlike the Hawkeye Battleship Cannon & Cruise Missile) against a Hawkeye shield.
Therefore, if you have sufficient shielding and a large enough battery reserve you *should* survive the onslaught.

The ship I sent in (Terra bull) uses a lot of GSO Missile batteries - however, it quickly crumbles when it can not penetrate the shields and takes one to many battleship cannons to the face :p

What I would like to know is how to design a tech that has manoeuvrability and still maintain its accuracy when using the battleship cannons.
(See battle between ASP & Terracactus for an example)
Simple
Try to get the AI to drive it not like a drunken bear flailing an aircraft right off the side of a mountain

Darvin

Jun 13, 2020
is this challenge still on? why has the streams stopped?

AlexAtheos

May 4, 2020
Hey @Matt , sorry to bother you but I was watching Part 4 of the challenge, and I think you made a mistake with the match between me and General Douglas at around 1:03:00. The ship you put up against Douglas’s wasn’t my ship, it was someone else’s. My ship is labeled “Oblivion IIIc”.

I know that the quarter finals already happened, so it might be too late to do anything, but if anything could be done I would appreciate it.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Jul 23, 2018
Hey @Matt , sorry to bother you but I was watching Part 4 of the challenge, and I think you made a mistake with the match between me and General Douglas at around 1:03:00. The ship you put up against Douglas’s wasn’t my ship, it was someone else’s. My ship is labeled “Oblivion IIIc”.

I know that the quarter finals already happened, so it might be too late to do anything, but if anything could be done I would appreciate it.
Ah, yeah. You're right! That's on me, sorry. Not sure how it happened.

I ran the battle again (with the proper ship this time) and it was the same outcome so General Douglas still progresses. You just don't get to see the full battle, again, sorry about that.

Darvin

Jun 13, 2020
yo @Matt i know i offered to make a trophy for the next tank battle, but i figured i'll make one for this as well. Here it is, a gigantic 10 20 meters high trophy

the cost is 10mil block bucks (just like the build limit for this challenge), weighs 1 kg, because it was made from our hopes and dreams, and with 10k 10mil health, because it was made from our hopes and dreams, therefore indestructible

285920_20200918172310_1.png

Last edited:

Darkstar076

Needz Moar Dakka!
Jan 21, 2016
Once again, I would just like to say thankyou to everyone who entered. I am constantly in awe of the fantastic designs the community creates.

Also a big thanks to @Matt for all the time and effort that went in behind the scenes setting up each battle. Especially for having to wait for all the shields and repair bubbles to open.

Also thanks to @Darvin for my Trophy :D
TerraBull.jpg

Last edited: