The Official TerraTech 3D Art Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Jul 23, 2018
Hey Prospectors!

It's time to get the creative juices flowing.

3D Art Challenge.PNG

The challenge is to create your own Art in TerraTech!

It's pretty simple really. Using only basic coloured blocks, create your own art in TerraTech. It can be 3D (voxel) OR 2D (pixel).

Post your snapshots, Steam Workshop Links or pictures in this thread.

I've attached a Creative Game save so you can see them in action.

A couple of rules:
  • Only use simple coloured blocks.
  • Mods are allowed, but only to create custom coloured blocks.
We'll pick our favourites and after a couple of weeks, we'll showcase them on our weekly stream.

Attachments

xXThunderFlameXx

Aircraft Enthusiast
Dec 6, 2015
So me being me, I decided to be unconventional, instead of making a regular piece of art, I decided to make optical illusions, these were all made in vanilla.

There wasn't a statement on how many techs we could have, so I made not one, not two, but seven! Warning, it's really laggy, but you won't need a smooth frame rate to appreciate them.

Now before anything, I'm not sure if the rule for block usage is limited only to the special blocks, but since we can use modded ones might as well use the BF blank panels, they integrate seamlessly and can make much better pixel art than the colored blocks, albeit with a reduced color pallet.

Going clockwise from the starting point we have:

1. Gestalt Effect - There are no diagonal lines.
2. Gestalt Effect 2 - Can you see the cube?
3. Penrose Triangle - A classic illusion which is based on perspective.
4. Impossible Trident - Another classic, follow the lines carefully and you might be able to see it.
5. Hermann Grid - There are no grey blocks used, the dots move around based on where you look.
6. Zöllner Illusion - The lines don't appear to be parallel, or do they?
7. Bulge - The board seems to inflate, but if you were to look from the side you would see it is perfectly flat.

I'll leave the snapshots in here along with the save just in case.

Attachments

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Jul 23, 2018
So me being me, I decided to be unconventional, instead of making a regular piece of art, I decided to make optical illusions, these were all made in vanilla.

There wasn't a statement on how many techs we could have, so I made not one, not two, but seven! Warning, it's really laggy, but you won't need a smooth frame rate to appreciate them.

Now before anything, I'm not sure if the rule for block usage is limited only to the special blocks, but since we can use modded ones might as well use the BF blank panels, they integrate seamlessly and can make much better pixel art than the colored blocks, albeit with a reduced color pallet.

Going clockwise from the starting point we have:

1. Gestalt Effect - There are no diagonal lines.
2. Gestalt Effect 2 - Can you see the cube?
3. Penrose Triangle - A classic illusion which is based on perspective.
4. Impossible Trident - Another classic, follow the lines carefully and you might be able to see it.
5. Hermann Grid - There are no grey blocks used, the dots move around based on where you look.
6. Zöllner Illusion - The lines don't appear to be parallel, or do they?
7. Bulge - The board seems to inflate, but if you were to look from the side you would see it is perfectly flat.

I'll leave the snapshots in here along with the save just in case.
This is so cool!! My eyes hurt but it's totally worth it. GOOD JOB!

Reactions: Aardvark123

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Jul 23, 2018
Thanks for all the submissions! They're all winners in my eyes.

I'm going to close this challenge now. Stay tuned for the next challenge!

Reactions: Aardvark123
Status
Not open for further replies.