The new tech manager is missing something.

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
@Matt
The one feature that the tech manager is missing is that you can't jump from the tech I'm in to another tech that is uncontrolled.
I think that is a feature that would massively help me and others out during our campaigns.

No more wandering from one radar marker to another trying to find the tech you want if they are scattered around your world.
Maybe we could even be able to bind techs to our number buttons for faster access. Kind of like they do in most RTS games when you have multiple armies.
1 for my battler, 2 for my harvester, 3 for my monster project, 4 for my fun build and so on.

Have a good one [8D)

Green4Gaming

I personally think that switching through the tech manager would defeat the purpose of having a fast tech to travel. Sure, many people make their own "fast travel beacons" but those have to be built and can be destroyed by enemies. They also can get quite costly, unlike the tech manager.

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Potentially, the tech manager could simply grey-out techs outside of a certain radius. I, too, would like the ability to use it to jump from one tech to another at my base, but I also think that preserving the need for fast scout techs is important.

One thing that I have found clunky and a little tedious is that you have to jump out of a tech to set the AI state and into a tech to anchor/unanchor and for some techs the game really wants to reset the AI to idle every time they have been "visited". These would be useful to have in the tech manager, too.

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
One thing that I have found clunky and a little tedious is that you have to jump out of a tech to set the AI state and into a tech to anchor/unanchor and for some techs the game really wants to reset the AI to idle every time they have been "visited". These would be useful to have in the tech manager, too.
I always thought the AI was set to follow/guard by default, but in my last playthrough that didn't seem to be the case. I think idle should have to be set by the player and should be able to change until then.
That would have saved me a lot of trouble in my campaign.
Have a good one [8D)

I think the AI state is supposed to be part of the snapshot but it doesn't work since until the tech manager you had to be IN the tech to take the snapshot which tends to fudge it up.