The Missile Crisis Of 2016

Would you balance missile like suggested here or restrict ammo and rate of fire?

• Heck no thats silly :(

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Heck yes missiles should keep their awesomeness!!! [8D)

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Here's my idea posted below

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Since the missiles from the Hawkeye corp are now in the game and I have had a chance to try them out I have a few suggestions on how they could be balanced out a bit.

The way the missiles are right now is pretty fun when driving or flying around in a chopper style tech, but it is very one sided when it comes to a battle.
The suggestion I would like to make would be not to limit the ammo, but instead make a defense against them that is able to handle the missiles attack.

Stuff like:
- Radar jammers to mess with missiles trying to home in on your tech.
- Flak cannons
- A laser or minigun style weapon that could target, track and destroy an incoming missile.
- An EMP type weapon that could cause multiple missiles to just fall out of the sky or self destruct.

Personally I think that new blocks like these would be a better solution than slowing things down to a crawl with long reload times or limited ammo. I really like the idea of having the missiles key bound to a key of their own. Key binding is something that I have wanted for a long time.

Imagine you if you will that you are flying around in a chopper and you find a fight. Most likely you will have to strafe around the enemy in a circle until it is destroyed unless you have enough to kill it in one pass that is. I was circling invaders and gang encounters 3-4 times sometimes and I was moving pretty slow so I was firing lots and it still took something like 3-5 minutes just to take out 4 small- ish techs. Which was getting kind of boring after doing it about 40 times.

If the missiles are restricted that turns that little battle into a lot longer of a process with no real benefit to the fun factor of the game.

Just some thoughts on the matter.

Please vote and have your thoughts heard or read in this case.:)

Have a good one [8D)

Nocallia

Administrator
Aug 7, 2015
Elsewhere
Since the missiles from the Hawkeye corp are now in the game and I have had a chance to try them out I have a few suggestions on how they could be balanced out a bit.

The way the missiles are right now is pretty fun when driving or flying around in a chopper style tech, but it is very one sided when it comes to a battle.
The suggestion I would like to make would be not to limit the ammo, but instead make a defense against them that is able to handle the missiles attack.

Stuff like:
- Radar jammers to mess with missiles trying to home in on your tech.
- Flak cannons
- A laser or minigun style weapon that could target, track and destroy an incoming missile.
- An EMP type weapon that could cause multiple missiles to just fall out of the sky or self destruct.

Personally I think that new blocks like these would be a better solution than slowing things down to a crawl with long reload times or limited ammo. I really like the idea of having the missiles key bound to a key of their own. Key binding is something that I have wanted for a long time.

Imagine you if you will that you are flying around in a chopper and you find a fight. Most likely you will have to strafe around the enemy in a circle until it is destroyed unless you have enough to kill it in one pass that is. I was circling invaders and gang encounters 3-4 times sometimes and I was moving pretty slow so I was firing lots and it still took something like 3-5 minutes just to take out 4 small- ish techs. Which was getting kind of boring after doing it about 40 times.

If the missiles are restricted that turns that little battle into a lot longer of a process with no real benefit to the fun factor of the game.

Just some thoughts on the matter.

Please vote and have your thoughts heard or read in this case.:)

Have a good one [8D)
In my experience, if you put certain things to the side of missiles, they could not launch.

Reactions: reaperx1

FightBiscuit

May 6, 2016
Germany
The Flak seems like a good Idea.
A radar jammer seems OP because it makes the missiles useless but the jammer would be hard to mount on small techs.
Flak types:
1. Fast shooting, high spread, lower chance to thit single missiles but is more effective against multiple ones
2. Slow shooting but sends another small missile to destroy the big one. More effecive against smaller amounts of missiles

Reactions: reaperx1

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
The Flak seems like a good Idea.
A radar jammer seems OP because it makes the missiles useless but the jammer would be hard to mount on small techs.
Flak types:
1. Fast shooting, high spread, lower chance to thit single missiles but is more effective against multiple ones
2. Slow shooting but sends another small missile to destroy the big one. More effecive against smaller amounts of missiles
The radar jammer would need its own balancing such as a delay between uses and could be limited so that it only effects a certain sized area or number of missiles.

A variety of flak fire power would be cool and could deal with the crisis.:cool:

Have a good one [8D)

Reactions: FightBiscuit

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
In my experience, if you put certain things to the side of missiles, they could not launch.
Are they maybe just disappearing right after launch or they are not launching at all?
I had that happen with blocks that were infront of them. It happened so fast I had to repeat it a bunch of times before I could tell what was going on. The missiles just didn't rise up as high as I thought they did. Oops.

Have a good one [8D)

Geocorp Jumper

May 24, 2016
I like the ideas but because some of them would be especially effective, I think that the jammer, laser, and EMP should be powered blocks, similar to the shield and repair bubbles, as they would be powerful defensive blocks if any were added. Hence you'll be safe for a while, but if you're not careful you'll end up in battle and suddenly have no defense against your enemies.

Of course, then you could just see if the devs will really edit shields to block explosions, in which case we'll be set and good to go anyways.

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
I like the ideas but because some of them would be especially effective, I think that the jammer, laser, and EMP should be powered blocks, similar to the shield and repair bubbles, as they would be powerful defensive blocks if any were added. Hence you'll be safe for a while, but if you're not careful you'll end up in battle and suddenly have no defense against your enemies.

Of course, then you could just see if the devs will really edit shields to block explosions, in which case we'll be set and good to go anyways.
Yes all the defensive suggestions I made would need some balancing of there own or they would make the missiles as useless as the GSO machine gun in a later game battle. I like the idea of them using power when being used. The Dev's had said that the ability to turn off shields and such when they are not needed is something they are looking at and it would be perfect for these type of defenses.
As for the shields I don't know if they should block every kind of damage. There has to be some risk involved when getting into a fight.

Have a good one [8D)

StyxAnnihilator

Dec 1, 2015
Norway, Oslo.
Shield should block most damage, but drain faster when using rockets, missiles and other exploding stuff. Counter measure "weapons" would be a nice addition.