The Mindless Dominion

Green4Gaming

It's mainly designed to be extremely cheap. The plane is so asymmetrical for multiple reasons, all relating to cost. The general hull is asymmetrical purely to reduce cost. The Venture hover plate is sticking out to only hoverbug half the plate with the landing gear below. The two inverted front spoilers are not symmetrical in order to keep their lift centered, and expanding the plane would cost extra.
Now to its purpose. The plane is only really effective in air-to-ground combat, but can be used both in attack and defense.

The plane was mainly meant to be super cheap while still having all the features needed for good AI plane performance.

Mindlessmrawesome

It's mainly designed to be extremely cheap. The plane is so asymmetrical for multiple reasons, all relating to cost. The general hull is asymmetrical purely to reduce cost. The Venture hover plate is sticking out to only hoverbug half the plate with the landing gear below. The two inverted front spoilers are not symmetrical in order to keep their lift centered, and expanding the plane would cost extra.
Now to its purpose. The plane is only really effective in air-to-ground combat, but can be used both in attack and defense.

The plane was mainly meant to be super cheap while still having all the features needed for good AI plane performance.
...so it just flies around? that's it's purpose? I understand your design goals, that's not it's purpose. I'm looking for what the thing is supposed to do.

Mindlessmrawesome

It flies above your ground tank and deals damage to enemies with its GSO missile battery.
ah... so it does have a weapon. Sorry, couldn't see the missile from the snapshot.

wait... you said you got that thing down to only 60K? woah that is cheap for a GSO missile battery autonomous plane (though it will probably die from one shot of a 3 pound cannon)

Green4Gaming

ah... so it does have a weapon. Sorry, couldn't see the missile from the snapshot.

wait... you said you got that thing down to only 60K? woah that is cheap for a GSO missile battery autonomous plane (though it will probably die from one shot of a 3 pound cannon)
I said I got it down to 34k, it´s also made to be cheap and quick to be mass produced, so that we can afford to lose some.

**Rokenshield 73, this is central command.**

**Transmission acknowledged, CC. What's the problem?**

**We have word that an alien base has been spotted approximately 2 miles from your position. We understand you are fielding 2 other missions at the moment and have most of your planes engaged in a dogfight, do you have any combat capable planes left?**

**Roger that, CC. We have a Snapel, a GAP, and a Pelican AD.**

**Use the AD to scout out the position and attempt to destroy what's there. The SkyBender that originally spotted it couldn't properly detect what was there. Radar scans aren't doing much good, either. We suspect they have a radar jammer.**

**Noted, CC. We'll deploy immediately.**
screen770.png
"This is tower. Remote control link with drone confirmed?"

"Roger that, the drone is ready to rock."

"Alright. AD-582 you are clear for launch, no wind and sunny."

"Engines engaged... throttle at 100%..."
screen771.png
"Alright, tower, that was an easy takeoff."

"Roger that. Your coordinates are transferred to drone control center 2. Make haste."

"Copy that, tower."

**CC this is Rokenshield 73, drone has launched and is en-route, ETA 9 minutes.**

**Copy that, Rokenshield.**
screen772.png

"Alright, we should have visual on target any second n- oh my dear lord."

"Pilot, what do you see?"

"Bring up the live feed in the tower. You guys need to see this."

"Ah. So that's where all those airstrikes have been coming from. They have themselves their own little airbase out here."
screen773.png
**Rokenshield 73 to CC. Our drone has identified the alien target as an airbase. Awaiting orders.**

**Roger that, Rokenshield. Well... the Pelican is an assault drone. Since your aerial arsenal is rather lacking right now, I'd say commence a strike against the alien base.**

**Copy that, CC.**

"Pilot, you are cleared to engage the alien airbase."

"Roger that, tower. Commencing strike..."
screen774.png
"...and missiles are away. Pulling away... can confirm hit on the alien fortress. Coming around for another run... wait. I got 2 alien fighters on my tail!"

"Pilot, get out of there. We've already lost an ACI in the dogfight, I don't want to lose any more planes against these dang aliens!"

"Roger that... Agh! They've shot off my wing!" screen775.png
"Pilot, is the drone recoverable?"

"No sir. I'm going down. I'll guide her into one of their big turrets."

"Do that. Set the missiles to self-destruct."

"Coming in hot... dang it. The turret shot be before I could hit it."

"Copy that, pilot. For right now, you may return to your quarters."

"Yes sir."
screen777.png
**This is Rokenshield 73 to CC. The drone strike failed. The drone was shot down. Awaiting orders.**

**Roger that, Rokenshield 73. Wait until your current aircraft complement return from their current mission, then conduct a second assault on the airbase. You're our only unit out there. We could airdrop a multitank via Leoneis into the base, but I doubt that would do much good.**

**Negative on the airdrop. Once our compliment return we'll conduct a second strike.**

**Sounds good.**

5 minutes later

"Captain. Radar is picking up multiple unidentified aircraft heading our way from the direction of the airbase."

screen778.png

"How long until they arrive?"

"Approximately 3 minutes, sir."

"Dangit. I knew we should have arced the drone's trajectory to keep our position hidden."

(alarms blaring) RED ALERT! RED ALERT! THIS IS NOT A DRILL. ALL MEN TO YOUR POSTS IMMEDIATELY. ATTACK EMINENT.

"First wave incoming. Looks like we have 5 light fighters and a couple of bombers.

"Missile turrets, OPEN FIRE!"
screen779.png
"I've got one!"

"Ack! My turret just got hit! I've lost elevation control!"

"I knocked off one of his wings!"

"4 down. One more to go."

"Here comes the bombers..."

"Last fighter down."

"Bomber incoming 273 degrees from tower."

"I see him... 4 direct hits to his shield. That's gotta hurt."

"Second bomber coming into my firing arc... and he's gonna regret that."
screen784.png

"Bomber 1's shields are nearly down! Opening fire... i took out his engines.

"Confirm kill?"

"Negative. He's still going, but by the looks of it he's going down. I don't think he's a threat."
screen785.png
"Hey, where'd the other bomber go? I can't see him from my turret."

"The last bomber is escaping!"

"Captain, the remaining bomber is attempting to flee."

"Not on my watch, bud..."

screen786.png

"This is tower to hangar, I need that Snapel prepped for launch."

"Already on it, sir. Moving Snapel to elevator."

Last edited:
screen787.png
"Snapel is on elevator, elevating..."

"Snapel is on top deck. Preparing for launch."

"Hurry up!

"Sorry, Captain. Snapel is now ready for launch."

"This is pilot Antov Snackles aboard Snapel-"

"Antov, launch. This is an order from your captain."

"Roger that." screen788.png

"I am airborne. Intercepting the fleeing bomber..."

"Missiles have lock. Launching in 3... 2... 1... missiles away."

screen790.png

"Hit! There goes the last of his shields. One more volley and he's done for."

"Good job, Antov. Bring her around for another run."

"Coming around. Missiles have lock. Launching in 3... 2... 1... missiles away. Oof, that's gonna hurt."

screen791.png

"Confirm kill?"

"Roger that, tower. This bomber is done for. Returning to carrier."
screen793.png

"Landing in 3... 2... 1... and a nice and clean touchdown. Nice work, Antov."

"Thanks, tower."

**Rokenshield 73, come in Rokenshield 73! You activated red alert. What happened?**

**The aliens launched a counter-attack by tracing the drone's trajectory back to the carrier. I don't think they expected the AA defenses they got, though. We easily warded them off with minor damage.**

**Good work. Continue with the plan. Wait until the rest of your compliment has returned, then destroy that airbase.**

**Roger that, CC.**

27 minutes later...

screen795.png

"Rokenshield, this is flight leader Bayon Volaski returning from dogfight with the aliens. We have you in sight. Requesting landing order."

"Roger that, transferring landing order now. Just don't expect to stay too long."

"Why's that?"

"We found another target while you were away."

"Seriously? More aliens? By the looks of all the debris around the carrier, I'm betting they decided to test out the Rokenshield's AA defenses."

"Indeed they did. Now let's get your squadron's planes recharged."

12 minutes later...

"Tower, this is Bayon. All craft are in the air."

"Roger that, Bayon. We have some good news and some bad news for you."

"I'm optimistic. Give me the good news."

"Good news is that the original pelican assault drone strike managed to destroy whatever was jamming our radar."

"That's great! The Rokenshield's long ranged radar will be able to give us details on the base's defenses."

"...yeah. That's where the bad news comes in. Turns out the airbase has spawned in a total of 37 fighters and 9 bombers, and they're on their way to do a second strike on the Rokenshield. Transferring radar information to your guys' fighters now."

"...oh geez, they're so spread out! Fox 1 and Fox 2, spread out to our left to engage those fighters. Fox 3 and Fox 4, you guys go right. Wingman and Stharon, you go high and target those high altitude bombers. I'll clear a hole for the GAPs to begin their attacks."
screen798.png

"Bayon, I have visual."

"Roger that. Break and engage when you feel fit."

"GAPs, you with me?"

"We're with you."

"The aliens left 5 fighters and 2 bombers at their base to defend it. You guys need to go up high to avoid the anti-air turrets and wait until I can clear them out."

"Gotcha. Climbing to 1.3K."

"...and there's the base. Oh boy."
screen799.png

"How's everyone doing?"

"Bayon, I'm tellin ya Stharons were practically made to fight these bombers."

"Glad to hear it. The HSI was practically made to take on these fighters. I already confirm 1 kill. Wait no, now it's 2 kills. See what I mean?"
screen800.png

Last edited:
"Engaging the bombers now... looks like they deployed in a big hurry. My scanners show they only have 40% battery."

"Watch out, Bayon; they have some pretty powerful weapons onboard."

"Thanks, tower, but I just fought these things 30 minutes ago. I know what to look out for."
screen801.png

"That's one bomber down! There's only 1 defending plane left. GAPs, you are clear to engage."

"Roger that, Bayon. Beginning our descent."

screen802.png

"GAPs, your primary target is the main base. If you take that out, it will stop producing planes. It will also weaken the turret's defenses."

"Roger that, Bayon. Target acquired."

"Coming in on main base... cannons loaded... aaand SHOOT I missed the cannons. Missile lock failed, they went for one of the turrets. Coming around for another run."
screen807.png

"Wait... BAYON YOU MISSED ONE!"

"What?"

"There's an alien fighter on my tail!"

"The main base must have just produced it! I'm busy with the last bomber, can you use your AA missiles?"

"They're still loading their clips..."
screen804.png

"Clips loaded in 3... 2... 1... alright, you piece of crap. EAT AVALANCHE! Gunner, open fire!"

"On it, pilot."

"14 direct hits, right in that fighter's face. I knocked a wing off. That work for you, pilot?"

"Unload the rest of your clip on him. That should at least get him off our tail."

"Roger... clip emptied, and yep that guy ain't gonna be bothering us anymore!"
screen805.png

Meanwhile...

"Alright, while GAP 1 is being chased by that fighter, GAP 2, make your runs."

"On it, Bayon... target locked, and BOOM a direct hit to the main base!" Cannons and missiles!"

"Confirm kill?"

"Negative, coming back around for another run... target locked, and THERE IT GOES!"

"Confirm kill?"

"Yes. Main base is down. The explosion from it took off the heads of the turrets too. All that's left are the bases of the turrets."
screen808.png
"Carrier, this is Bayon. The base is down. I repeat, the base is down."

"Excellent work, Bayon. Radar shows your squad finished off the rest of the incoming craft. Return you and your squad to the carrier."

"Yes, sir."

"Squad, it's time to get some rest. Finally."

**Central Command, this is Rokenshield 73.**

**Transmission recieved, Rokenshield 73. Status report.**

**Alien base has been destroyed. No casualties in this fight, sir.**

**Well done. Return your aircraft and standby for new orders.**

**Roger that.**

The End