The Lemon-Kingdom Dynasty of Zest [Current King ???]

Chrii_the_Vieh

Oct 26, 2015
Germland Institute in Scotmany
ANNOUNCEMENT

Fellow Lemonians,

we are in the need of the first king of the second dynasty.
Therefore, we will have a tournament to decide about all the worthy candidates from the Lemonians.
This tournament is a build-off.

Lately, we golden knights got aware of a growing need to test the strength of a tech.
We still strictly decline unnecessary violence, but we want to see how your creativity works on the field.
The theme of the tournament is therefore:

Build the zestiest working target-dummy you can think of

Rules:
1. be as creative as possible
2. make a functional tech to determine the strength of small to huge techs
3. all types of techs allowed, as long as they work (you should be able to load them in a simple way, to test several techs)
4. Lemony themed techs are preffered ;) :p
Keep it awesome and fun!

All submitted techs will be collected and maybe showcased/rated in about two weeks (we will inform you on the exact date).
Afterwards, all lemonians are allowed to vote on their winner.
The tech which gains the most votes will make his creator 1st Lemon-King of the second Dynasty.

Start building already! And may the zestiness decide for the best Lemonian to win and be our new King.

ANNOUNCEMENT

Last edited:
Reactions: Potato and Zargn

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
@Chrii_the_Vieh Apologies, my liege, but my real-life work is in the way of me participating in this glorious event. When is the deadline for this? And how large can we make the Tech dummy?

Chrii_the_Vieh

Oct 26, 2015
Germland Institute in Scotmany
Very nice Brick, that gives me a complete Tri-Force vibe... thank you.
You are the first lemon to throw your hat in the ring and go for it to be king.
Best of luck!

May your days be golden and may zestiness be with you.

Zargn

Administrator
Nov 30, 2015
Sweden
So I wanted to make a large Borg Cube, but I overdid the first one a little. (It was almost two times the size of this one)
Then I made this smaller, but still very big version.
Attacking this thing without shields, or cruise missiles in the air is not a good idea. It has missiles that can aim in every direction, and ALOT of battery power. It can also be anchored to charge the batteries.
It is the DeathCube.
DeathCube.png

And here is another powerful Gunship, the LK RH82 Destroyer.
This is made to fly above a large target, and then destroy any tech below it.
RH82 LK Destroyer.png

JimmyBlether

Regrettably Inactive (long term)
Jul 31, 2017
Somewhere off the map
tinyurl.com
So I wanted to make a large Borg Cube, but I overdid the first one a little. (It was almost two times the size of this one)
Attacking this thing without shields, or cruise missiles in the air is not a good idea. It has missiles that can aim in every direction, and ALOT of battery power. It can also be anchored to charge the batteries.
It is the DeathCube.
WE ARE THE LEMONS. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE! YOUR TECHS WILL BE ASSIMILATED!

Yeah, I'm a Trekky.

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
It is the DeathCube.
View attachment 17829

And here is another powerful Gunship, the LK RH82 Destroyer.
This is made to fly above a large target, and then destroy any tech below it.
View attachment 17830
ASSIMILATED Added to the Tech stockpile. :)

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
We're lacking a high-capacity Cargo Tech. So I've ordered our Militum to scrap a few of our old Super-Heavy Tanks to build a small fleet of these:

Ox C13K Heavy Cargo Truck
Tech Save below
L_Ox_C13K.png

Shielded, with decent armaments for protective measure, with a massive carrying capacity of 108 GeoCorp resource blocks. Its easy manufacturing makes it quick to build and modify. We can turn these into tanks, Tech transport, artillery, mobile bases, etc.

20171102141815_1.jpg 20171102141824_1.jpg

I can finally haul my cargo back to the city with ease. :D

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
I found a hangar in our fringe planet filled with an army of these old birds; no names, no serial numbers, not even a documentation in our archives. The only thing to note that they have X'ed markings of oranges and salt shakers on them...like kill counters...

They all seem to work, guns and all. They're a bit slow to turn and take off but they have modest speed. So I've archived them for future production if needed.

I call them Rust Petals

L_RustPetal_AH01_E.png

Last edited:

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
I've allocated some of our resources for the Guild of Sciences to re-activate our old Seedling tanks, and upgrade them with new parts and shielding.

Here's the new and improved ToughSeed Medium Tank! If our Zest MBTs can't reach that bit of ore boulder, maybe these can. Much faster to manufacture too, since we already have plenty of chassis lying around.

L_ToughSeed_Tank.png

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
Here's an air interceptor for the local defense: The Red Leaf Fighter Jet.

L_RedLeaf_FA01.png

Has 4 Heatseekers at the ready, fully shielded plus repair bubbles, with a top speed of 100mph, can do loops and with a short take-off length, perfect for a rough-and-ready force that don't have Landship support nearby.

For protracted wars, should our forces fail, we'll switch to manufacturing SM02 Pigeons to shore up our defenses.

Reactions: Chrii_the_Vieh

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
Upon looking at the Red Leaf's resource requirements, I deemed it too expensive for its tactical and strategic role as a low-mid tier interceptor for local defenses. So, I had the Guild of Sciences shelf this design for now.

So! Introducing the Nippy Leaf! More than 50% cheaper than the Red Leaf, and is a very agile air superiority unit. Has 2 Venture Missile Launchers and a repair bubble.

L_NippyLeaf_FA02.png

In the meantime, the Red Leaf will be re-assigned and re-designed as a multi-role attack aircraft.

Reactions: Chrii_the_Vieh

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
Alright, so the Guild has rolled out an update for the Red Leaf. Same technical requirements (100mph minimum speed, dogfight capable, uses 4 missile launchers, short take-off and low cost as possible)

The difference is that it uses 1 less engine and repair bubble. Plus, it has more lift: It can carry 3 more missile launchers. It can also lose both main wings, 3 sub-wings and 2 engines and still fly.
L_RedLeaf_FA01_B.png

Last edited:

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
Is this where you spend all of your time? Making techs? Don't you have other things to do?
I don't make these techs, I just oversee their design and production. If parts are available and they're within budget, then they get sent to the manufactorums for mass-production, otherwise, I send them back.

Short answer, no. I'm bored at work and my current job is to oversee people's work while I fix our renders, which are glacially slow. Does that answer your question?

Digressing from that, here's an artillery unit for the local defense:

L_Bowman_SPG01.png
The Bowman is a simple Tech cobbled together from old harvesters, tanks and trucks (I don't know what the engineers were thinking but okay). Well, it works, cheap, uses our surplus of Megaton Cannons (which until now we can't get rid of) and has good range.

Last edited:

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
I'm not old enough to have a full time career, but there's a job where you just supervise everyone else? That sounds like easy work.