The Lemon-Kingdom Dynasty of Zest [Current King ???]

Benju13212

Ill Just stay here.. Yeah I am sure ill stay here. Sorry Ducks but.. Maybe later. If the lemons dont fit me but the chances are pretty small that i wont stay Sorry ducks. Hello Lemons. (Y u can remove the duck republic banner..)

Kohta

Website
myanimelist.net
@saiwun has to add so many banners because of the stupidly massive amount of people that join the Lemons every day.
Well I mean I would have joined another kingdom, but most of the kingdoms that looked cool to me didn't have many members in them. While I wouldn't mind joining a small kingdom normally, with how hectic and unorganized this "RP" is, I just kinda felt like it would be more comfortable to join a kingdom with more people, so I could watch others and figure out this damn mess of an "RP" more.

I think if there was a pinned thread with general RP rules that everyone could agree on, then it would make it easier for newer members to confidently join a small kingdom, or start their own.

Legionite

Making TAC Corp
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
damn mess of an "RP"
Well, simplicity was the key and apparently TAC was based off of complexity (AI stuff already hints this way too well) in direct opposite to the Lemon Kingdom's simplicity.

TAC's RP combat was originally structured only for fun events only within the kingdom's own borders.
It was intended to be something fun and interesting for the citizens to read when they went through TAC's posts.
Eventually I wanted to expand upon that, introducing it to a larger caliber, but then it got really messy and resulted in the abomination well-known as EFF.

Complexity might actually be the death of TAC...:(

(I guess there should be two types of Kingdoms, Collective Tech Lovers Unite and Combat/Diplomatic Kingdoms)

Last edited:
Well I mean I would have joined another kingdom, but most of the kingdoms that looked cool to me didn't have many members in them. While I wouldn't mind joining a small kingdom normally, with how hectic and unorganized this "RP" is, I just kinda felt like it would be more comfortable to join a kingdom with more people, so I could watch others and figure out this damn mess of an "RP" more.

I think if there was a pinned thread with general RP rules that everyone could agree on, then it would make it easier for newer members to confidently join a small kingdom, or start their own.
You do know the Lemon Kingdom doesn't even do RP, right? Watching from them does nothing for you.

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
You do know the Lemon Kingdom doesn't even do RP, right? Watching from them does nothing for you.
We do RP, but not in the way you lot does it. Too overly complex. I do my RP here in a more traditional way, much like Dungeons & Dragons does. Basically, you "Roleplay" in a literal sense. Like...

Milords! I, Potato, have gathered you all for a discussion about the council's decision to upgrade our Hangars! As your Treasure-Keeper, I approve of this move.

You can see the obvious shift in tone there. That's roleplay in its classical sense. I am playing the role as a Treasure-Keeper of a Kingdom.

I hope that clarifies a lot of things. Even Chrii and Zargn does it. :)

Last edited:

Kohta

Website
myanimelist.net
I'm just gonna have to stop you there friend, and speak my mind for a second. Yes you are right in saying that the Lemon Kingdom doesn't do YOUR version of RP, which consists of building up your kingdom's army and relations, then going to war. Your way of RP is perfectly fine, but it's not the only way to RP.

The Lemon Kingdom is a peaceful place that's been around for so long that most of the core members keeping it alive no longer wish to do war RP. They just want to keep to their casually peaceful RP and do what they can within those limits, and that's perfectly fine. Even without war people in this kingdom are still creating techs for it based around RP uses that they would never make otherwise. This kingdom is still accomplishing its goal of giving people new ways of experiencing TerraTech, and helping new members feel like more of a part of the community.

Trust me on this, I know what I'm talking about when it comes to RP. I've had friends online that I've known for years that do actual serious and casual RP, and it would put this to shame, so if you wanna start talking about what is and isn't RP, then you might wanna go see some real RP first. But hey, RP is RP at the end of the day, however someone wants to do it they can, there's no limitations.

P.S. If the Lemon Kingdom's RP was so bad, then people wouldn't keep joining as they are, and when they get bored of our RP, then will leave on a good note and join another kingdom for their type of RP.
P.S.S. @Potato is cool.

Kohta

Website
myanimelist.net
Well, simplicity was the key and apparently TAC was based off of complexity (AI stuff already hints this way too well) in direct opposite to the Lemon Kingdom's simplicity.

TAC's RP combat was originally structured only for fun events only within the kingdom's own borders.
It was intended to be something fun and interesting for the citizens to read when they went through TAC's posts.
Eventually I wanted to expand upon that, introducing it to a larger caliber, but then it got really messy and resulted in the abomination well-known as EFF.

Complexity might actually be the death of TAC...:(

(I guess there should be two types of Kingdoms, Collective Tech Lovers Unite and Combat/Diplomatic Kingdoms)
To be honest I love your RP, I really do, it helps keep all the kingdoms on their toes without doing it through trying to make yourself the actual overpowering threat. The only thing that I think is a problem with this RP in general is that everyone is playing by their own rules, and anyone at anytime can just say no and object to your rules. I think that in order for older members to enjoy the act of RP here and for newer members to be able to easily get a grasp on the ongoing RP, there needs to be an agreed upon set of rules set up by the heads of the current kingdoms. Rules that would outline how everything works.

Things need to be outlined, like how much money/resources a new kingdom can start off with; how many total techs a kingdom can possess without doing things like expanding its territory; how kingdoms do things such as collecting resources and the limit on it per day/week/month; how long it takes a kingdom to research and develop new techs (not how long it takes a player to just upload techs they made, but the actual RP time to research and develop those techs); how certain weapons work in RP situations (to prevent weapon spam of OP guns for RP reasons); and the rules around interactions with other kingdoms. How they each declare war or peace on each other, or even the rules around establishing trade.

Having these things clearly outlined in a pinned thread would GREATLY improve the quality of RP in this forum, and give more stability to the kingdoms and their ability to introduce new players into this RP.

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Thanks Kohta for clearing it up further :) There are different roleplay types, not just a bunch of turns and an action.

Personally, I want to join in Legionite's RP style - there is potential there, but the rules are nebulous and messy.

Legionite

Making TAC Corp
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Things need to be outlined, like how much money/resources a new kingdom can start off with; how many total techs a kingdom can possess without doing things like expanding its territory; how kingdoms do things such as collecting resources and the limit on it per day/week/month; how long it takes a kingdom to research and develop new techs (not how long it takes a player to just upload techs they made, but the actual RP time to research and develop those techs); how certain weapons work in RP situations (to prevent weapon spam of OP guns for RP reasons); and the rules around interactions with other kingdoms. How they each declare war or peace on each other, or even the rules around establishing trade.
If you want to see where it is going, and where the argument for kingdom RP rule setting starts getting real bad to the point that I don't really want to bother messing with it anymore: Visit [>this<] thread for more details...
I even tried a sneaky path around the issue, but it was caught and busted immediately, and now I am seriously just considering abandoning being the owner of TAC altogether due to a bad reputation with some community members...

The situation appears to have gone beyond just kingdom conflicts...

Personally, I want to join in Legionite's RP style - there is potential there, but the rules are nebulous and messy.
Good to know that my reputation was not completely obliterated in my sneaky attempt to try to make the TAC combat system a standalone with set rules and different kingdoms,
like splitting kingdoms into two types: "type #1" and "type #2", basically a very cheesy attempt to isolate TAC's combat, resources, building, and balance system into some "other kingdom-that-is-not-a-normal-kingdom" that had restricted actions with the current kingdoms to keep it relatively balanced and prevent sudden spikes in strength.

I abandoned the idea after some very direct feedback (2 mega thumbs down) and giving it some thought.

It was kind of a rushed, desperate idea,
and now I don't know what to do to recover, fix the kingdom RP instability, or post anything in TAC that could fix this outbreak!:(

The thread mentioned directly above("Kingdom Types") also made me rethink if I should continue the TAC stuff, so I was almost on the brink of disbanding it (and maybe even these forums) within 7 days and giving it to one of the TAC citizens for them to control in conclusion of my bad decisions.

To conclude this post, a quote from a person(not me) who should remain anonymous due to conflictive reasons:

Any rules regarding RP shouldn't exist. (counter comment"that was a just a joke")

Last edited:

Chrii_the_Vieh

Very well said @Potato and @Kohta , you prove more and more to be well suited for the zesty cause.

I think the time for a new king is nearing and you two ... but I'm rushing things here. Time was always a friend of the Lemons.

Considering roleplay and rules: If there would be "democratic decisions" on general, simple rules, that everybody could agree on, perfect!
But I highly doubt that this will be the case.
And if the decision is between chaos (everybody makes and changes rules to suit their own needs) and nothing (no complex rules, just some character RP),
I'll always choose nothing. :p

All lemons, be ready, there will be big news soon.
May the Zestiness be with you!

GamerParrish

LEMONS, IMPORTANT. B00mik has made himself a threat, and for the welfare of others. I believe that they should be destroyed. While I know I have messed up in the past, I request your help.

I believe that you should help because if you truly want peace among all lands. You should at least have the lands intact. If you object, just know. I can not say the consequences will be minor, it will probably rock the land. So if you are with me. Please say so, this is of the UTMOST importance currently, B00mik has shown that he is now currently wanting to be feared. Check the United Federation Of Kingdoms thread, he has officially declared war with us, and I'm pretty sure TAC isn't happy with it. So I wish for you to help us.

LEMONS, IMPORTANT. B00mik has made himself a threat, and for the welfare of others. I believe that they should be destroyed. While I know I have messed up in the past, I request your help.

I believe that you should help because if you truly want peace among all lands. You should at least have the lands intact. If you object, just know. I can not say the consequences will be minor, it will probably rock the land. So if you are with me. Please say so, this is of the UTMOST importance currently, B00mik has shown that he is now currently wanting to be feared. Check the United Federation Of Kingdoms thread, he has officially declared war with us, and I'm pretty sure TAC isn't happy with it. So I wish for you to help us.
Meh, the Lemons won't do anything. They don't war.

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
To our glorious Golden Knights,
@Zargn and @Chrii_the_Vieh, @matik2002, @Baconus_Yum

How was the journey around our realm? I hope all of you are in good health. Our inventory has been well-kept as of late, and our resources have been accounted for.

I hate to bear ill news, but I request your counsel. @GamerParrish, an old friend and former Lemonian, is requesting our aid. He is being threatened into war. I am honor-bound to help an old comrade.

While his enemy is a paltry Kingdom with semi-functional Techs, our friend's fledgling territory is being goaded into a war.

I request your guidance in this matter. Shall we defend our friend? Shall we mobilize our gargantuan army and economy into war? Perhaps gain a good chunk of territory in the process?

May the Zestiness be with you.

Kindest Regards,
Potato
Lemon Kingdom Treasure-Keeper

I still have no idea how fighting works, so I'll probably call that guys' bluff and ignore him.