The Lemon Kingdom[Current Ruler: ???]

BitMage

modARRRator
ive been thinking, if we lose a bunch of lords all at once, it becomes impossible to get more. Perhaps we need to grant the grand majesty the ability to grant lordship. That way if we have blanks to fill but people cant agree or to many go missing the king/queen can quickly hand out a few titles.

what do you guys think?

Chrii_the_Vieh

All agreed over here.
The ruler should have the power to make lords, but the new lords should be named by a council member first.
Register of citizens is very important.
I guess, that 2 calls from members of the council should be sufficient to name a new lord, but 3 are needed to change out one of the existing lords.
King/Queen calls are counted double in this case.

Possible?

BitMage

modARRRator
All agreed over here.
The ruler should have the power to make lords, but the new lords should be named by a council member first.
Register of citizens is very important.
I guess, that 2 calls from members of the council should be sufficient to name a new lord, but 3 are needed to change out one of the existing lords.
King/Queen calls are counted double in this case.

Possible?
So, using your post as the base formula, how about this......

Lords get a new ability : they can award an honor to a citrizen for greatdeeds in the name of the lemon kingdom. A good example would be Jozroz, he wrote something lovely and the lords were moved deeply, so they give him the medal of the iron peel, ergh..... the yellow ribbon of lemoness, "merit of zestyness". i dunno, some name better than thoes....

anyway, any citrizen who has been given an honor, can be raised to lordship by the king/queen OR by having 2 council members sponsor them. But if the one being raised is to replace an exsisting lord/lady, 3 sponcers will be needed.

the only thing i added was the bestowing of honor. this does a few things for us. It gives the lords a new ability, which is nice. It also gives the citrizens incentive to participate. They might win an honor from a lord. And once an honor is won, they become eligible to one day become a lord.

Jozroz

Website
shutterworks.portfoliobox.me
@Chrii_the_Vieh
I thank you for the honours of being granted a lord of the realm. I solemnly pledge my allegiance to the Queendom of Lemons and the Council of Lords and Ladies. I hereby swear upon the Holy Zestiness to uphold the laws of the land and to humbly serve and protect all the Lands of Lemon; this I devote my life, till death take me or my Queen release me.

I would like to say that I am in support of naming the book of laws The Lemonomnicon.​

@BitMage
First of all, thank you for bestowing upon me the Iron Peel (an apt name for a military honour). However, I feel that this is to be awarded for actual military bravery, while I merely contributed strategically. Thus I feel that I have earned the Merit of Zest instead, for providing a substantial contribution to the realm.​

Regarding the proposition of the Annual Day of Zestiness, I propose this to be during the time of the year when the best lemons are harvested. This would be from March and late July, I propose therefore that we celebrate Day of Zestiness every 20th of April. This gives a week of harvest leading up to our National Day. From the 20th April, as the harvest takes place, preparation for National Day celebrations should also take place. This is to be a sacred and joyous week of reflection and appreciation of all that is Lemony, and upon the 27th the perfectly ripe lemons will be used on the National Day celebrations. This is my proposition.

Important laws need to be written regarding the powers of the reigning King or Queen and the Lords and Ladies of the Council; as it stands, the laws only mention the paths to reach these positions, but does not clearly mention their areas of power. Furthermore, I propose the number of votes for new Lords and Ladies of the council be raised to 4 (a majority vote) with the King/Queen having the power of veto over the council regarding the appointment or abolishment of a Lord or Lady. Under regular circumstances, his/her vote counts for 2, but he/she may declare veto at any point and thus have the final call.

Finally, I propose the official full title of members of the Council be Lord of the Lemon Council and Lady of the Lemon Council.
I would like to propose a new award, the Ribbon of Lemony Scholarship, to be granted to those who make significant cultural contribution to the realm. My first action as a Lord of the Second Lemon Council is to grant this award to BitMage for his humble service to the culture of our great realm. He has worked tirelessly in our service, with neither complaint nor conflict and has written all our histories and laws with great care and devotion.

Note to web admins: I reckon Lemon Lords/Ladies need a badge under their pics (along with the "Beta Delue", "Translator" badges and such) to make it easier for everyone to keep track of speeches made by council members. It's important to distinguish the words of the council. Finally, our dear BitMage deserves a badge identifying him as the High Lemon Scholar (or Lemorian if prefered).

--
All my propositions are highlighted in Lemon.
Source regarding lemon ripeness:
http://www.charmingitaly.com/article/lemons-sorrento-amalfi-coast

Last edited:

ArmchairGravy

@Chrii_the_Vieh
I thank you for the honours of being granted a lord of the realm. I solemnly pledge my allegiance to the Queendom of Lemons and the Council of Lords and Ladies. I hereby swear upon the Holy Zestiness to uphold the laws of the land and to humbly serve and protect all the Lands of Lemon; this I devote my life, till death take me or my Queen release me.

I would like to say that I am in support of naming the book of laws The Lemonomnicon.​

@BitMage
First of all, thank you for bestowing upon me the Iron Peel (an apt name for a military honour). However, I feel that this is to be awarded for actual military bravery, while I merely contributed strategically. Thus I feel that I have earned the Merit of Zest instead, for providing a substantial contribution to the realm.​

Regarding the proposition of the Annual Day of Zestiness, I propose this to be during the time of the year when the best lemons are harvested. This would be from March and late July, I propose therefore that we celebrate Day of Zestiness every 20th of April. This gives a week of harvest leading up to our National Day. From the 20th April, as the harvest takes place, preparation for National Day celebrations should also take place. This is to be a sacred and joyous week of reflection and appreciation of all that is Lemony, and upon the 27th the perfectly ripe lemons will be used on the National Day celebrations. This is my proposition.

Important laws need to be written regarding the powers of the reigning King or Queen and the Lords and Ladies of the Council; as it stands, the laws only mention the paths to reach these positions, but does not clearly mention their areas of power. Furthermore, I propose the number of votes for new Lords and Ladies of the council be raised to 4 (a majority vote) with the King/Queen having the power of veto over the council regarding the appointment or abolishment of a Lord or Lady. Under regular circumstances, his/her vote counts for 2, but he/she may declare veto at any point and thus have the final call.

Finally, I propose the official full title of members of the Council be Lord of the Lemon Council and Lady of the Lemon Council.
I would like to propose a new award, the Ribbon of Lemony Scholarship, to be granted to those who make significant cultural contribution to the realm. My first action as a Lord of the Second Lemon Council is to grant this award to BitMage for his humble service to the culture of our great realm. He has worked tirelessly in our service, with neither complaint nor conflict and has written all our histories and laws with great care and devotion.

Note to web admins: I reckon Lemon Lords/Ladies need a badge under their pics (along with the "Beta Delue", "Translator" badges and such) to make it easier for everyone to keep track of speeches made by council members. It's important to distinguish the words of the council. Finally, our dear BitMage deserves a badge identifying him as the High Lemon Scholar (or Lemorian if prefered).

--
All my propositions are highlighted in Lemon.
Source regarding lemon ripeness:
http://www.charmingitaly.com/article/lemons-sorrento-amalfi-coast

I second all of the proposals.

I have expanded our armed forces. You may review the troops at #TTInvader.

streak1

Website
steamcommunity.com
Not sure if I contain enough citric acid in my blood to nominate a new member to the throne, but I at least ask that you consider our newest developer: Ade.

I mean, come on. Ade. Lemons. Lemonade. IT'S SO PERFECT!!

All hail the Lemon Queen, and the future rulers of the Lemon Kingdom.

Last edited:

ArmchairGravy

Not sure if I contain enough citric acid in my blood to nominate a new member to the throne, but I at least ask that you consider our newest developer: Ade.

I mean, come on. Ade. Lemons. Lemonade. IT'S SO PERFECT!!

All hail the Lemon Queen, and the future rulers of the Lemon Kingdom.
I second Ade for this exact reason.

BitMage

modARRRator
[UPDATE]
The candidates thus far:

Ade
ArmchairGravy
Jozroz
Bitmage

one more day to get your nominations in. At the end of the stream on wednesday ill gather the names and set a poll at the head of this thread (as per usual).