The Lemon Kingdom [Current Ruler: Potato]

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
The Sky Spear has been redesigned using lessons learned from our previous shipbuilding.

-----

Now dubbed "Sky Spear MK2", this bulky frigate has been released from its experimental phase and is formally assimilated into the Golden Armada. Much like its previous version, it's designed as a front-line combat & breakthrough ship. And with a top speed of 87mph, it can also fulfill the role of heavy cavalry, skirmisher and fire support.

Its general design warrants suvivability and maximum burst damage, and as such, it kept its heavy armor and its potent array of 8 Battleship Cannons. This ship is a literal spear in the sky.

LKSS Sky Spear MK2.png

Last edited:

Nathaniel411

Jan 13, 2017
I doubt, I'll help much in resource collection, I don't play the campaign very often

But you know what? Here have a airship

With ships like the landkruizer and the MBT Line, it was clear the newest military production company (unnamed) was a formidable rival in land designs. Other companies decided to counter them with mobile airships, faster, more adaptive, and matches the firepower of the landkruizer. Unnamed knew this, and their CEO, which personally designed the landkruizer, and played a big role in designing the MBT line, decided to, once again personally design a airship to serve as a "political middle finger". Using a redesigned lion as a facade, he successfully managed to surprise other companies with the Heavy Cruiser Prinz Eugen, with the iconic touch of dakka that most unnamed designs has.

She has clearance issue with the turrets, so be careful when trying to broadside.

It is rumored that the Prinz Eugen is actually a test bed and proof of concept for a bigger battleship class, however it has never been confirmed

Nathaniel411

Jan 13, 2017
@Nathaniel411, I like the turret design, much sturdier than what we currently have. I might use this for future builds. I just...need to finish all the spacecraft in my list before moving on.
Thanks. It's quite unstable though, the recoil tends to make the turret bend upwards and the clearance issues sometimes made the turret go flying, or glitch backwards. It would be difficult to make a turret that can withstand the weight and recoil of two bertha cannons (wink wink).

A few solutions I have in mind are Hawkeye landing gears on the turret (both in the visible part and the one inside) And a wider turret ring (the bit that makes direct contact with the deck), removing it will reduce the recoil significantly, although it makes it so you have to drag the entire turret on the deck, and it exposes the brackets.

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
@Nathaniel411 I've got a question though, is the Prinz Eugen a Spacecraft too? We have a Tech storage you see.

Last edited:

Nathaniel411

Jan 13, 2017
The Prinz is a airship with ground support in mind. Hence the bertha cannon underneath it. The Bismarck is not made for ground support, it's more of a space superiority ship (Try hitting the targets at R&D with it, it's not happening)

EDIT: @Potato why is the prinz classified as a tank? I've also noticed that dreadnoughts and battleships cannot happen since the limit for length is 64~

Last edited:
Reactions: Potato

Legionite

TAC Packing
May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
From an "engineer" at TAC (non-RP):
Heavy Cruiser Prinz Eugen
New airship, the Bismarck-class
See [Here] for more details regarding Hover Classes
From what I can see:
While both of the ships listed above appears to not be the same class as a free-height hovership and is probably not built to achieve higher heights then what it hovers at (floating due to flying fortresses without wheel addition), it technically falls within the same class of hovering/airship as the TAC Hydra does - Hover Assisted Flight (but without the AGALS tech used for unholy weight support)

This also seemingly applies to the Lemon Light Seeder because it also uses the AGALS tech, which was in its version an improved infinite mass-tolerence hover plate.

In accordance to previous war lore, the TAC Hydra was space compatible, so the Heavy Cruiser Prinz Eugen and the Bismarck-class along with the Lemon Light Seeder are space-compatable, just don't expect the Heavy Cruiser Prinz Eugen and the Bismarck-class to be that fast in space RP as in atmosphere due to a noticeable lack of fuel boosters (they don't need to have that much fuel, if any at all) and only exposed fans for propulsion through the vacuum of space. (Might want to add some boosters to them)

(The TAC Hydra has fans and boosters, and that means it performs fairly well in space as well as in the atmosphere)
(Yes I know I answered a question for somebody else, I just wanted to clear the future skeptics that were possibly against the build because it didn't go multi-height)

Last edited:
Reactions: AstraTheDragon

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
The Prinz is a airship with ground support in mind. Hence the bertha cannon underneath it. The Bismarck is not made for ground support, it's more of a space superiority ship (Try hitting the targets at R&D with it, it's not happening)

EDIT: @Potato why is the prinz classified as a tank? I've also noticed that dreadnoughts and battleships cannot happen since the limit for length is 64~

Yeah that's why I asked what the Prinz Eugen is. I'll change it now. ;) As for Battleships & Dreadnoughts...well...we already have two types of Battleships:

The 100-block long Light Seeder Ship

And the 80-block long Light Freighter Ship

Both are modular Multi-Tech ships using Legionite & Masakari's Track bug. These two could be useful for you since you're opting to use a non-hoverbug approach to shipbuilding.

I'm planning a 200-block long Dreadnought once I get the time to do so, that's why I added the ship class in advance.

@Legionite, With all due respect, your post is partially advertising TAC. Please refrain from advertising a different faction in the Lemon thread.

Last edited:

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
@Nathaniel411, here's a template I use for the track bug. You might want to make your Tech extra heavy because the hovers have been buffed. And also, don't use one of these, use 3 or more and as spread out from the Tech as you can.

Prototype_Lifter.png

If you want a better example, you can always break apart this one. It uses 4 of the attached files above.
LK_SHMOD_COM01_T1_01.png

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
Interesting stuff, I was referring to how you surpassed the lenght limit though.
The thing is: I didn't. But, what I did was build 5 20x20x20 sized Techs, attached them together using EXP blocks and used the Track bug to make them all float. It's...a ridiculous build. So those ships are actually 5 Techs strapped together. They just look like ships lol.

@Benbacon, sad, knowing you, you'd build them zesty Techs big!

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Jan 15, 2017
Gulag
New tech!
Nimrod.png
The Nimrod is a hover tech that is designed to be fast and maneuverable. There is a decent battery load, but not enough to where you can take many hits
There are boosters on both ends on the tech that propel the tech to around 110mph
Lastly, the armament consists of 12 Cruise Missiles, 6 on each side

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
didn't this happen once with the Bacon & Egg thing?
...??? I don't know any of that.

Either way, I condone up-front advertising of a kingdom into another without permission. It's like the SFS linking their thread here. Or if the Lemon Kingdom barges into TAC's thread and linking the Tech thread there. It's disrespectful.

I still remembered that time when Boomik posted some plane into GamerParrish's fledgling kingdom thread. Yeesh. I'm trying to prevent that from happening.

-----

The majority of our Citrizens have spoken - we are to abolish our neutrality laws. Scribe! Prepare the parchment! Prep the midnight oil! We are to build alliances!