The Lemon Kingdom [Current Ruler: Potato]

Discussion in 'Kingdoms' started by Potato, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Potato

Potato Tinkerer of Titäns

2018-02-03---TT_Insignias.png
    Welcome To The Lemon Kingdom

To join, simply say "All hail the Lemon Kingdom!"

Built, damaged, repaired, rebuilt again, such is the nature of the Lemon Kingdom, enduring ruin, strife and war only to return stronger. We are a group of workers, merchants, artisans and fighters who banded together to form this Kingdom, our home.

The Second Dynasty had successfully brought the Lemon Kingdom back from the brink. But, its rise is not without turmoil. New challenges present themselves. The Third Dynasty must steel itself to survive this new era.

Like the sacred groves of our ancestors, we will endure.

Essentially, the Lemon Kingdom is a group of people, the closest thing that can be called a Guild or a Faction in Terratech. This is the same Kingdom that made the Lemon block real in-game, by completing the challenge of Payload studios of gathering enough people and saying in Twitch: "All hail the Lemon Kingdom!", hence the slogan.

Established in 2016, we are the oldest group in the forum, with plenty of community-led contests in our belt such as Sumo tournaments, to encourage growth within the community.

To this day, we continue that tradition of camaraderie, collaboration and concerted effort.

-----

Outside of this, this Kingdom is an electoral monarchy, borrowing some aesthetics and culture from medieval, renaissance and gothic times. We value diplomacy and fair trade, but we are armed with formidable Techs should we need to defend.

Active
    1. @ArmchairGravy (Iron Peel)
    2. @Baconus_Yum (Chief Admiral, Iron Peel, Merit of Zest)
    3. @Benbacon
    4. @DaEliteTerraTech (Merit of Zest)
    5. @Dynamix
    6. @Enderjed
    7. @JimmyBlether
    8. @Nathaniel411
    9. @NovaLegion (NEEDS BANNER)
    10. @Olli_DXD (Citric Cittern, Bard Of the Realm)
    11. @Potato
    12. @Seth_Seth
    13. @SRTT (Infantry Mechanic)
    14. @Zargn
    Inactive
    1. @Andre Salvador Rainha (Merit of Zest, Iron Peel) (NEEDS BANNER)
    2. @Benju13212
    3. @BitMage (Finch Feather Quill, Grove Tender, Lemonistorian) (NEEDS BANNER)
    4. @BroBane
    5. @Caleblol007 (Twitch)
    6. @Chrii_the_Vieh (Amber Eminence, Iron Peel)
    7. @Combatdude (Merit of Zest)
    8. @Comet
    9. @ElrondAmarzon
    10. @Exund (NEEDS BANNER)
    11. @HappyApathy (NEEDS BANNER)
    12. @Icarus_The_King_Of_Angels
    13. @Jozroz (Merit of Zest, Iron Peel) (NEEDS BANNER)
    14. @karma827 (Twitch)
    15. @KattStrike
    16. @Kohta
    17. @kosy22 (NEEDS BANNER)
    18. @matik2002 (Iron Peel)
    19. @PixelStory (NEEDS BANNER)
    20. @refinedskillzyt (Missing)
    21. @Soviet_Samuelson
    22. @Sleepcakes (NEEDS BANNER)
    23. @streak1 (NEEDS BANNER)
    24. @Thoxxx (Twitch)
    25. @WastedRhino (NEEDS BANNER)
    26. @XxLemonRuleZxX (NEEDS BANNER)
    27. @XplosiveAsh (NEEDS BANNER)

Tech Stockpile
    Spacecraft Classification

#1 Potato, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  2. Potato

Lemon King:

The sovereign ruler of all other branches of the kingdom. The King is the only one capable of enacting laws that would otherwise be considered drastic (such as waging war).

A Lemon King's rule is temporary however, lasting only 6 months if there is already someone else ready to take office. If no one else is eligible to claim the throne, then the current Lemon King may stay. A King cannot be a leader of another Kingdom/faction.

Citrizens who wish to be the King must do as follows:
    • They must be a Golden Knight to prove their reliability and performance.
    • Must not be a leader in another group or faction.
    To become the King/Queen, the voting process are as follows:
    • If there is no King, Citrizens may vote for a King. Those who wish to be King may hold a vote whether he/she is worthy of the crown in this case.
    • If there is a King, he/she may bestow the crown to a Citrizen of his/her choosing.
    Golden Knight:

Part Lord, part Knight, these people are tasked with the governance of the Lemon Kingdom should a Lemon King is unavailable, and assist the King when needed. They are also tasked with enforcing the laws of the land.

Citrizens can become a Golden Knight through active service (posting Techs, diffusing conflict within the thread, etc.) and must show reliability and fairness.​

High Commander:

This person is the Lemon Kingdom Military's Second-in-Command and is tasked with ensuring the military is at full strength.​

Citrizens who wish to have the position must be a Golden Knight and must have served during wartime. They must also have an excellent grasp of tactical and strategic acumen.​

Curator of the Sciences:

This person is in charge of discovering, creating or improving experimental technologies that may benefit the Lemon Kingdom in its application.

Any Citrizen is eligible for the position, provided they can create a highly unconventional Tech that uses any bugs, exploits or is a unique Multi-Tech.​

Treasure-Keeper:
    This person will keep track of the Lemon Kingdom's financial holdings and ensure that the Zesty Realm's coffers are always full, whether it be ordering fleets to harvest or establishing a budget.

Any Citrizen can become the Treasure-Keeper, provided they must have a firm grasp of finance.​

#2 Potato, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    JimmyBlether, Seth_Seth and BenBacon like this.
  3. Potato

CombatDude the Dawnbringer (pre-Lemon - 2016/04/06)

The first king, and founding father of the Lemon Kingdom. Life gave him lemons, so he made "lemon-nades" with which he liberated the Lemonions. Grateful, they raised him to kingship.​

refinedskillzyt the Chosen (2016/04/06 - 2016/04/29)

The second king, raised to kingship by royal directive. Upon the establishment of the Kingdom, his royal highness CombatDude, in his wisdom stepped down from the throne bestowing the crown to refinedskillzyt. Thus establishing the Citric Cycle.​

KattStrike the Zesty (2016/04/29 - 2016/05/22)

Our king, refinedskillzyt the chosen one, had gone missing. The kingdom entered dark times and all the people were in despair. A voice from among the crowd shouted "what shall we do? Whom will lead us". Deeply moved by the cry, a hero from our past reemerged. CombatDude stepped forward from the shadows. The people fell silent. His voice could be heard throughout the land.

"My people, i have heard your plea. I cannot leave you wanting in this the darkest of hours. I shall hold the crown once more, but in trust only. You, yes YOU! the people of the lemon kingdom, MUST find a worthy ruler."

And with that, the great contest had begun. The entire kingdom sought out the brightest, bravest, most compassionate and just in all the land. Many were chosen to compete for the throne. As the heralds played in the contestants the grey sky broke. One single ray of lemon yellow light descended from the heavens. This ray of light fell at the feet of KattStrike. Once again the crowd was silent. A moment passed. And one by one all took to one knee. All knew their prayers had been answered. The kingdom had chosen their Queen.

ArmchairGravy the Sour (2016/05/22 - 2016/06/15)

The fourth Lemon King. ArmchairGravy was voted right after KattStrike the Zesty, and rightfully so, thanks to his greatest achievement: the establishment of the Lemon Kingdom's standing army, and the military traditions that come with it. A true patriot and self-styled defender of the Realm, he was cheered when he stepped into the throne.

Chrii_the_vieh the Lemony Dragon (2016/06/15 - 2016/07/15)

The fifth King. The Lemony Dragon could not have chosen a more tumultuous time to become King - the Blood Oranges had begun to encroach into the Zesty Realm's borders. These citric barbarians, crude as they were, had attempted to sabotage the Lemon Kingdom elections by unlawfully electing their Barbarian Queen, Sanguine L'Orange, into office. Fortunately, the ploy was undone beforehand.​

To counteract this attempt, Chrii ordered a spy network established within the Orange lands. To keep his people's spirits high, he had commissioned songs and set up tournaments. To keep his Kingdom safe, he redoubled the strengthening of the Kingdom's Military-Industrial complex.

Baconus_Yum of the Lemon Banner (2016/07/15 - 2016/09/06)

The sixth King, and one of the Kingdom's most ardent protectors. As the Blood Oranges creeped into kingdom territory, Baconus continued Chrii's Military improvements to keep out spies and other would-be insurgents.

To make things worse, the rise of the Breakfast Overlords, an aggressive faction, had begun to infest from within. Warbands and raiding parties emerged from the Zesty Realm's domain, straining the Lemon Kingdom's newly-established armed forces.​

Matik2002 of the Lemonium (2016/09/06 - 2016/11/12)
    The seventh Lemon King, and also the most enigmatic. For most of his reign, he had gone missing, forcing ArmChairGravy to usurp the throne out of necessity, as the previous threats have not yet retreated, not to mention the civil unrest due to a missing King.​

Potato the Implacable Root (2018/08/12 - Present)

The eight Lemon King. During the 2nd Dynasty, a nomadic spud entered the borders of the Lemon Kingdom, seeking refuge. In return, he had sworn himself into service, tirelessly improving multiple facets of the Realm, modernizing and standardizing infrastructure. He became the Treasure-Keeper, then Golden Knight.

And when a Citrizen asked why the throne was still empty, he simply said: "Perhaps I can fill it." And so he did.

#3 Potato, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    JimmyBlether and Seth_Seth like this.
  4. Potato

Note: Only active factions will be recorded here. (e.g. Their members must be active in the forum)

Duck Republic
    • Alliance: Partial (Diplomatic, Technological, Economic)
    • Terms of Alliance:
      The Duck Republic and the Lemon Kingdom will be doing the following:
      • Provide an embassy for easier communications and civilian travel
      • Provide each other a Tech Snapshot at any interval. Either party may request a specific Tech.
      • Provide each other a Trade route to better each other's economy. This is to be discussed in the future.

• Relationship: Warm. The Duck Republic are peaceful folk. Their citizenry will be treated with the utmost respect and they are free to roam and trade in our territory so long as they follow the laws of the territory they are in.

While they do not want a Military alliance, they are still open to conduct military exercises and combat practice with us.

Kebab Kingdom

Silver Fleet Systems
    • Alliance: Full (Military, Diplomatic, Technological, Economic)
    • Terms of Alliance:
      The SFS and the Lemon Kingdom will be doing the following:
      • Defend each other in case of an attack
      • Provide an embassy for easier communications and civilian travel
      • The SFS will be providing us with resources. In exchange, the Lemon Kingdom will be upgrading and giving them new Techs to assemble.

• Relationship: Warm. Their leader is a Lemonion and so are some of its members; their citizenry will be treated with the utmost respect and they are free to roam and trade in our territory so long as they follow the laws of the territory they are in.
    Technocratic A.I. Colony (TAC)

#4 Potato, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  5. Potato

First order of business: Organization of our government.

For you @Zargn, I offer you the position of a Golden Knight and as the Curator of Sciences. Your previous achievements have not been ignored, and your inventions have borne fruit. Consider the position as recognition of your achievements.

For you @Baconus_Yum, I offer you the position of Golden Knight and as High Commander, basically the same as your previous status. Your silent vigil has not gone unnoticed, and will be honored.

For you @ArmchairGravy, as previous Lemon King, I'd like to offer you a slot as a Golden Knight in future, just letting you know. ;)

In the meantime, I'm offering you three an advisory role in the Council. I need the best of our people; decisions will have to be made regarding some of what we do currently.

All others will be contacted as soon as I have time.

#5 Potato, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    JimmyBlether and BenBacon like this.
  6. Seth_Seth

Seth_Seth Temp. Leader of SFS, Gamer

Is there some sort of way that the citrizens can give the resources to the lemon kingdom?

JimmyBlether and Potato like this.
  7. Potato

Well, you can do what I did before - I posted a screenshot of me harvesting resources. I also counted how many to make it easier. I reckon a lot of people would be playing campaign since it's 1.0, so it's a good idea. :)

#7 Potato, Aug 16, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    Seth_Seth and JimmyBlether like this.
  8. JimmyBlether

JimmyBlether SFS SUPREME COMMANDER

ALL HAIL THE LEMON KINGDOM!!!!!!!!!!!

MAY ITS ZESTY REIGN LAST FOREVER!!!!!

ALL HAIL LORD POTATO!!!!!

9. Seth_Seth

wasn't that something along the lines of what i said to join the lemons?

since i'm going nomad in my campaign i'll probably have a few techs specifically for harvesting for the lemons
    i'm just waiting for the harvest option on the AI and possibly a "subgroup" thing where the AI bring the resources back to a specific base instead of the nomad itself.

JimmyBlether and Potato like this.
  10. Potato

Fellow Citrizens, I must ask you this:

Is it time for us to re-write our laws regarding our neutrality to all factions? Should we start allying with other factions?

While it served us well during our time as the only Kingdom, it starts to show its flaws when we're now existing side by side with other modernized factions. It may be time to start gaining allies.

11. JimmyBlether

Can't remember.

Maybe.

If so, I'd like to keep SFS as an ally.

Seth_Seth likes this.
  12. Seth_Seth

JimmyBlether likes this.
  13. JimmyBlether

Well, ok. I'm sure I didn't copy you, at least not consciously.

Seth_Seth likes this.
  14. BenBacon

BenBacon Founder Of Bacon, Inc

We were kinda already allies with the Duck Republic for a few months. However, I do think that we should make more allies, maybe even something like TUFOK 2.0/3.0. More allies = more support in war

But if we do ally with other kingdoms, we should not depend on them completely

15. AstraTheDragon

AstraTheDragon A dapper dragon

Speaking of which, the AstralAviansInc Corporation would like to congratulate Potato on his new role as king! Please accept this monument to celebrate the event;
    Celebration.png (snapshot)
    It is a duck with an olive branch, a symbol of peace. It is presented in the hope that the peace will persist between our kingdoms as we enter the new era of Lemonian History.

Lemons, I salute thee!

16. Potato

Alright, that's two people saying yes. I'll wait for the other's say on this for a week. :)

I understand the balancing act involved when it comes to alliances - depend too much, and you become a pawn, depend too less, and the parties involved shouldn't be allies in the first place. that's why I had to ask the populace, so you, the people, have a say in what will happen in the future.

My initial plan is to ally with the Duck Republic and with the SFS since they're the ones with the best attitudes as a faction. The Ducks are quite peaceful like us, so I don't expect any wars with an alliance with them, while SFS's leader is already a Lemon and considers us an ally. They're a sensible choice.

I will be drafting a "customizable" alliance plan for them so they can choose what sort of alliance they want from us. Whether they want a trade-heavy alliance or a military alliance, somewhere along those lines.

If people say no, then I'll just scrap the plan, no problem.

-----

@AstraTheDragon, thank you. :) I will put this next to my throne as a reminder of the prosperity our kingdoms had during our trades.

#16 Potato, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  17. Seth_Seth

i might end up doing it in creative since i'ma have a save for my armada since it's now canon in RP (which means the disappearance of The Spider is also canon now), but i'll probably still have lemon harvesters in campaign (once i gets stuff setup).

Potato and JimmyBlether like this.
  18. Potato

@Nathaniel411 good job on those tanks, added them to the Tech storage...tank you. :D

*random dad laughs in the distance*

@Seth_Seth, yeah sure. Is there a thread where I can read up on what's happening on the SFS? Like a timeline of events or something?

Seth_Seth and JimmyBlether like this.
  19. JimmyBlether

Oh. Never wrote something like that yet.

Seth_Seth likes this.
  20. Seth_Seth

@JimmyBlether we need this

JimmyBlether likes this.